Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Government shutdown 2018

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #106
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Government shutdown 2018

Here is recent relevant facts for you published within the last day by Newsweek : What Did Putin Want From Trump And What Did He Actually Get?

They are based and reference experts from think tanks like the Brookings Inst and The Center for Strategic and International Studies in G-town.

Trying to woke you up this morning

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #107
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Here is recent relevant facts for you published within the last day by Newsweek : What Did Putin Want From Trump And What Did He Actually Get?

They are based and reference experts from think tanks like the Brookings Inst and The Center for Strategic and International Studies in G-town.

Trying to woke you up this morning
Sorry to piss on your Wheaties but to educate you,I showed that it's not trump but "Congress" that is giving trumps butt buddy putin a hard time ,clearly it's not trump.Next time actually read the links.

P.S
Did you even read your own link?

yeah, you woke me.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #108
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sorry to piss on your Wheaties but to educate you,I showed that it's not trump but "Congress" that is giving trumps butt buddy putin a hard time ,clearly it's not trump.Next time actually read the links.

P.S
Did you even read your own link?

yeah, you woke me.
Yeah...its mirrors what I had stated previously but breezes over a major point, but is found in a Newsweek article from last year...

Nolan Peterson: Trump Bolsters European Defenses Against Putin

Trump’s 2018 budget calls for a $1.4 billion increase in ERI funds—a 41 percent increase over the $3.4 billion tagged in 2017 by the Obama administration. The move, which U.S. military forces in Europe praised, sent a reassuring message to both NATO’s eastern flank as well as countries throughout Eastern Europe that see Russia as an existential threat and are looking for U.S. protection.

Trump is a lil contrary on what he says and what he does...but this was an absolute clear statement to Russia

And good morning G1 .

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 01-24-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Good morning Chico. Has Trump called out Russia on trying to influence the election yet? Because US intelligence believes Russia has its' fingerprints all over the DNC hacking and mounting a campaign to sway people's opinions through fake news online on places like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Ever heard of the TEN_GOP Twitter account that had 600k followers? That was ran by the Russians.

I also believe US intelligence way more than I believe our very stable genius President.
I'm not gonna dispute Trump stepping up our Eastern-Euro defenses is a message, that's a good thing. But Russia has had a manipulation campaign going for a while now.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #110
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Good morning Chico. Has Trump called out Russia on trying to influence the election yet? Because US intelligence believes Russia has its' fingerprints all over the DNC hacking and mounting a campaign to sway people's opinions through fake news online on places like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Ever heard of the TEN_GOP Twitter account that had 600k followers? That was ran by the Russians.

I also believe US intelligence way more than I believe our very stable genius President.
I'm not gonna dispute Trump stepping up our Eastern-Euro defenses is a message, that's a good thing. But Russia has had a manipulation campaign going for a while now.
I wonder what people think our enemies do with themselves. We know our government works to influence both our allies and enemies political systems. Why would our enemies not be doing the same. The whole Russia tried to influence our election theme seems like a kid at recess crying because he gets picked on at dodgeball.

The question of if they were successful or not seems like an indictment of our FBI and the DNC in terms of not taking appropriate steps to protect their data, not some shocking revelation of political intrigue.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #111
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I wonder what people think our enemies do with themselves. We know our government works to influence both our allies and enemies political systems. Why would our enemies not be doing the same. The whole Russia tried to influence our election theme seems like a kid at recess crying because he gets picked on at dodgeball.

The question of if they were successful or not seems like an indictment of our FBI and the DNC in terms of not taking appropriate steps to protect their data, not some shocking revelation of political intrigue.
So are you saying we should let it slide because the US does it too? I am saying you literally had a fake news account with 600,000 subscribers tweeting out bullshit that people were literally taking as fact because they thought it was ran by the GOP. Now yes, I blame that much more on Twitter/etc making it easy for bots/people with ill intent than the gov't but you really don't think that's an issue? All this crying about fake news when you literally have Russians spreading fake news to spread discord amongst us? I'm not even putting this all on the right either, it's a widespread problem on both sides. I'm literally dumbfounded you think the spread of misinformation to influence people is akin to kids crying at recess because they got picked on at dodgeball.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #112
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So are you saying we should let it slide because the US does it too? I am saying you literally had a fake news account with 600,000 subscribers tweeting out bullshit that people were literally taking as fact because they thought it was ran by the GOP. Now yes, I blame that much more on Twitter/etc making it easy for bots/people with ill intent than the gov't but you really don't think that's an issue? All this crying about fake news when you literally have Russians spreading fake news to spread discord amongst us? I'm not even putting this all on the right either, it's a widespread problem on both sides. I'm literally dumbfounded you think the spread of misinformation to influence people is akin to kids crying at recess because they got picked on at dodgeball.
I am saying our electorate is filled with people who can't think and distinguish facts and democracy depends on voters who can think with more than just emotional heart strings.

Do I wish the world was a loving kind place where no country lied or used deceit? Sure. Do I think calling the Russians out for something they have been doing since the cold war days is of major importance? Not really. Putin was the head of the KGB for chrissakes, the things we know he is doing don't even compare to what we can't see.

I also am far more worried that our FBI, and intelligence services seemed to spend more time trying to play political games than actually working with facebook/twitter to take down obvious hacks.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #113
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
I am saying our electorate is filled with people who can't think and distinguish facts and democracy depends on voters who can think with more than just emotional heart strings.

Do I wish the world was a loving kind place where no country lied or used deceit? Sure. Do I think calling the Russians out for something they have been doing since the cold war days is of major importance? Not really. Putin was the head of the KGB for chrissakes, the things we know he is doing don't even compare to what we can't see.

I also am far more worried that our FBI, and intelligence services seemed to spend more time trying to play political games than actually working with facebook/twitter to take down obvious hacks.
It's interesting that this hasn't happened or been brought to light in the past. It's one common denominator and that's the asshole-in-chief. When multiple sources, both civilian and government are talking about what an asshole or a moron Drumpf is, at what point does that make it true? He's not some savant we're talking about here. I'm semi-young, but I don't recall Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 or Obama having his intelligence officers calling them an idiot. Maybe it's the technological society we live in these days...
Old 01-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #114
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
It's interesting that this hasn't happened or been brought to light in the past. It's one common denominator and that's the asshole-in-chief. When multiple sources, both civilian and government are talking about what an asshole or a moron Drumpf is, at what point does that make it true? He's not some savant we're talking about here. I'm semi-young, but I don't recall Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 or Obama having his intelligence officers calling them an idiot. Maybe it's the technological society we live in these days...
I have my own thoughts, which i obviously like to share .
1) I think that the FBI especially had nearly a 16 year period, both Bush and Obama's presidencies, where the upper echelon of the Bureau became far more politically sensitive. And I think Pres Obama was more willing to use the powers of the state for political purposes, the best example is the IRS scandal with Tea Party groups, but I imagine there are others as well.

2) I think that the world of social media has given everyone more willingness to buy into their world, and to view the other side with arrogance. I do think the left is more guilty of that but of course that could ironically just be my arrogance. I mean even this discourse, here we are on a football site debating the merits or lack there of everything politics. In the not too long past that was reserved to the halls of "great thinkers" with debate being a civil call for honest discussion. Now debate is little more than posting 3 links and calling your opponent a moron, or something of that nature.

3) Finally, I think you are a little naive if you don't remember Bush being called an idiot on many occasions while Obama was the Nobel Prize savior of the world. Before that Reagan was a gentle idiot that wanted to start bombing in 5 minutes while Clinton was just the wisest man of his time. There is a distinct bias in how people who stand for America first, and "american values" are viewed versus the wisdom of the global village.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #115
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

It's funny because I remember it the other way with Reagan and Clinton. Reagan being responsible for economic progress (we were told it just took to the early 90s for it to progress) and the end of the cold war. Clinton was the poster child for infidelity and bashed repeatedly by the media for it. I guess that goes to your point about how we can look at the same media sources and see bias.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #116
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
It's funny because I remember it the other way with Reagan and Clinton. Reagan being responsible for economic progress (we were told it just took to the early 90s for it to progress) and the end of the cold war. Clinton was the poster child for infidelity and bashed repeatedly by the media for it. I guess that goes to your point about how we can look at the same media sources and see bias.
Good points
Old 01-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #117
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
I have my own thoughts, which i obviously like to share .
1) I think that the FBI especially had nearly a 16 year period, both Bush and Obama's presidencies, where the upper echelon of the Bureau became far more politically sensitive. And I think Pres Obama was more willing to use the powers of the state for political purposes, the best example is the IRS scandal with Tea Party groups, but I imagine there are others as well.

2) I think that the world of social media has given everyone more willingness to buy into their world, and to view the other side with arrogance. I do think the left is more guilty of that but of course that could ironically just be my arrogance. I mean even this discourse, here we are on a football site debating the merits or lack there of everything politics. In the not too long past that was reserved to the halls of "great thinkers" with debate being a civil call for honest discussion. Now debate is little more than posting 3 links and calling your opponent a moron, or something of that nature.

3) Finally, I think you are a little naive if you don't remember Bush being called an idiot on many occasions while Obama was the Nobel Prize savior of the world. Before that Reagan was a gentle idiot that wanted to start bombing in 5 minutes while Clinton was just the wisest man of his time. There is a distinct bias in how people who stand for America first, and "american values" are viewed versus the wisdom of the global village.
Oh, I remember him being called an idiot, but I don't remember it being by the FBI.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #118
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post

Yeah Clinton was absolutely roasted in the media. Funny how we forget.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #119
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Its amazing how now some want to pin the Trump administration as somehow responsible for the Russian attempts of influence of the elections and the DNC hacking...this is the responsibility of the Obama Administration, the Obama State Department and the Obama intelligence agencies. All failed. So own it.

More evidence of Trump completely bashing any narrative of soften of policy towards Russian influence:

Putin: US took 'hostile step' in publishing Russia list - ABC News

Putin: US took 'hostile step' in publishing Russia list.

He Gets Us
Old 01-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #120
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its amazing how now some want to pin the Trump administration as somehow responsible for the Russian attempts of influence of the elections and the DNC hacking...this is the responsibility of the Obama Administration, the Obama State Department and the Obama intelligence agencies. All failed. So own it.

More evidence of Trump completely bashing any narrative of soften of policy towards Russian influence:

Putin: US took 'hostile step' in publishing Russia list - ABC News

Putin: US took 'hostile step' in publishing Russia list.
Nope ,wrong again Chico.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/29/polit...ons/index.html

Deadline looms for Trump to issue further sanctions against Russia over election meddling | The Independent