Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 11-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #1171
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Let's talk good beer

Went to Troegs brewery in Hershey 2 weekends ago. My son had a hockey tournament that day. Great place, obviously good beer but also really good "different" food. I suggest if u are in the area to hit it up.

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #1172
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Straight outta Asheville!
One of the better tasting beers Ive ever had....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #1173
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm not a craft beer snob but I was drinking Modelo's Negra while I was tailgating for the Vikings game and it went down very smooth.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #1174
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I can tear down some Mexican beers. Skunky and delicious.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #1175
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

Straight outta Asheville!
One of the better tasting beers Ive ever had....
Yes, really liked it. Have only seen it once but will buy it every time i see it from here on out.

Beer explosion lately.

Picked up a bottle of Founder Lizard of Koz - imperial stout bourbon barrel aged with blueberry, chocolate and vanilla. Ive never heard of it or seen it before, seems pretty limited. $19.99 for 750 ml (25.3 oz) isnt that bad compared to other BA imperial stouts. Should have gotten 2 but money is kinda tight.

Fresh double duckpin (11.9.16), fresh brown sugga (302 6), fresh pure hoppiness (best by april 2017).

Very DIPA heavy this week ... need to add a nice gose or saison.
------------

Dc Brau tripling their production, going from 15 barrel production to 45. . Thats good, sometimes they do some really good one time beers like space reaper that you never see again.

DC Brau plans to nearly triple beer production | WTOP

Last edited by over the mountain; 11-18-2016 at 02:34 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #1176
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

I tease my brother in law, who's go-to is Yuengling, that Negra Modelo is the Mexican Yuengling. Both are good by their own right.

If you're in NoVA and want to grab a festive beer, seek out GBS by Hardywood. So delicious.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #1177
over the mountain
Playmaker

Nothing wrong w Negra Modelo, that and Stone were the fancy beers in So Cal before the craft beer explosion.

Grabbed a can of BA ten fidy, pretty excited about that, never had.

Firesotne's Luptonic no. 004 is a tasty crushable beer 5.5 abv ipa, and at 10.99 a sixer, easy on the wallet. Tastes like a tastier SN hop hunter imo. I will be drinking these tomorrow so I can pace myself.

2 questions:

1. what is everyones favorite premixed alcohol egg nog? I love this stuff on ice for the holidays. I usually just grab an Old New England or Evan Williams but want to try something top shelf this time.

2. Laguinitas born yesterday - just saw 4 new cases being delivered yesterday w bottle date of 10-17-16. I thought this beer had to be drank within 10 days or so. Am I wrong? Why would laguinitas have a delivery lag on this beer they pride on getting on shelves within 24 hours?

happy holidays, cheers
Old 11-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #1178
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Nothing wrong w Negra Modelo, that and Stone were the fancy beers in So Cal before the craft beer explosion.

Grabbed a can of BA ten fidy, pretty excited about that, never had.

Firesotne's Luptonic no. 004 is a tasty crushable beer 5.5 abv ipa, and at 10.99 a sixer, easy on the wallet. Tastes like a tastier SN hop hunter imo. I will be drinking these tomorrow so I can pace myself.

2 questions:

1. what is everyones favorite premixed alcohol egg nog? I love this stuff on ice for the holidays. I usually just grab an Old New England or Evan Williams but want to try something top shelf this time.

2. Laguinitas born yesterday - just saw 4 new cases being delivered yesterday w bottle date of 10-17-16. I thought this beer had to be drank within 10 days or so. Am I wrong? Why would laguinitas have a delivery lag on this beer they pride on getting on shelves within 24 hours?

happy holidays, cheers
Its more on the distributors. It will still be tasty but a little faded. If I recall though it went downhill fast after about 50 days from bottling.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #1179
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Its more on the distributors. It will still be tasty but a little faded. If I recall though it went downhill fast after about 50 days from bottling.

Just asking , is the beer pasteurized? If so it should have a least a 90/120 day range on it.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #1180
over the mountain
Playmaker

Rodmans must have made an error with their sale - $8.99 for a 12 pack cans two hearted (dob 11-21-16). I grabbed 2 of them.

got a bottle of Hardywood gingerman stout, hearing a lot about it so im pretty excited to try it. also wicked weeds freak of nature and a gose.

should be a good weekend.

giant - i think most craft beers are unpastuerized as there is no real need to do so, i think new belgium (fat tire) pasteurizes their beer.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #1181
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

giant - i think most craft beers are unpastuerized as there is no real need to do so, i think new belgium (fat tire) pasteurizes their beer.
I just wanted to point out that that cuts down on the availability to a larger distribution area.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #1182
metalskins
The Starter

I had Guinness blonde a couple weeks ago when I had to go to a business conference and it was really good! Only time I had ever had Guinness was the extra stout stuff that we used for Irish Car Bombs, but I didn't know they made that beer in a blonde. It is very tasty - but then again, I hear a lot of blondes can be very tasty! Brunettes and red heads as well!
Old 12-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #1183
MTK
\m/

Finally got my hands on some death by coconut... super delish

I also grabbed a couple of bottles of this year's Bourbon County, $14.99 a pop, I swear I got it for $9.99 last year, either way I'm not complaining
Old 12-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #1184
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

@otm - Helluva grab at Rodman's. Hardywood GBS is good stuff. From this year's stash, I got a one to drink and one to age.

@mtk - Death by Coconut is a nice beer. I split a case with some friends last year.

Yeah, Born Yesterday falls off pretty quickly. 6 weeks is a bit long in the tooth.

Speaking of pasteurizing, BCBS is pasteurized this year to avoid last year's debauchery. Went to a bottle share last weekend and had this year's BCBS, and it was quite good. I have a bottle of last year's, hoping it's not a bad one.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #1185
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Finally got my hands on some death by coconut... super delish

I also grabbed a couple of bottles of this year's Bourbon County, $14.99 a pop, I swear I got it for $9.99 last year, either way I'm not complaining
Last year I was able to get unlimited bottles of BCBS so i didnt bother waiting in lines bc I figured ppl were just waiting in lines for the limited variations of BCBS .. now Im thinking the bottles sat around last year bc of the "infection". I cant find a bottle of regular BCBS anywhere.