The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-20-2023, 07:08 PM   #1156
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If Sam was a first round rookie I wonder how the conversation would be going? We would not be ready to give up on him. Yet because Sam is short by NFL standards, and he's a 5th rounder, everyone has mostly mailed it in.
If we were picking 12th, it would be a moot point. He would get another shot. But we're heading towards a top-5 pick (although we might fuck this up against the Jests), and that's QB country. Especially w/ a new GM/HC that didn't pick Howell.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2023, 07:30 PM   #1157
jamf
Pro Bowl

We are here to win games not give people opportunities to grow their careers.

Dwayne Haskins was a first rounder and tall but he shit the bed so he had to go.
Russ Wilson is short and a late round pick but he won early and often so he got paid.

How about we get players that play well for once?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 10:04 PM   #1158
rocnrik
Playmaker

Jamf .. I hear you but I'm not sure we have had the coaches to get the best out of ANY of our players .. I find it hard to believe our talent is as bad as the team looks ... to me it starts at the top .. What scares me most about our top pick is look at San Fran ( no dispute they are a well run organization.. yet they whiffed on Trey Lance .. if we whiff on another top 5 pick then it sets us back years .. there will be 2 QBs picked before us .. so we are looking at a reach at pick 4 instead of picking a sure fire lock in Harrison Jr or top Left tackle .. the VERY BEST talent evaluators are not very successful with this QB thing .. it's because outside the obvious top guy the rest are reaches .. if we pass on Harrison Jr and pick Daniels out of LSU and he fails then what then .. that's why everyone was hoping Sam could be the guy .. doesn't look like he will but no guarantees our top pick if QB will be ANY better .. I would be all in on trading our Number one pick to a team for a known QB ( Herbert for sure) .. he is who we should have taken anyway. But Chargers would never do that .. would they ??
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 10:28 PM   #1159
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Rocnrik , nothing absolutely nothing is a sure fire pick

Chase Young was billed as the best thing ever ; look at him

As far as QB you got keep scratching that lotto pick until it hits
Old 12-20-2023, 11:05 PM   #1160
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

mredskins, wasssssuuuupppppp

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 12:19 AM   #1161
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Jamf .. I hear you but I'm not sure we have had the coaches to get the best out of ANY of our players .. I find it hard to believe our talent is as bad as the team looks ... to me it starts at the top .. What scares me most about our top pick is look at San Fran ( no dispute they are a well run organization.. yet they whiffed on Trey Lance .. if we whiff on another top 5 pick then it sets us back years .. there will be 2 QBs picked before us .. so we are looking at a reach at pick 4 instead of picking a sure fire lock in Harrison Jr or top Left tackle .. the VERY BEST talent evaluators are not very successful with this QB thing .. it's because outside the obvious top guy the rest are reaches .. if we pass on Harrison Jr and pick Daniels out of LSU and he fails then what then .. that's why everyone was hoping Sam could be the guy .. doesn't look like he will but no guarantees our top pick if QB will be ANY better .. I would be all in on trading our Number one pick to a team for a known QB ( Herbert for sure) .. he is who we should have taken anyway. But Chargers would never do that .. would they ??
I agree in general.
We need a GM that isn’t going to whiff on a pick. Can’t win without great drafts. We need a coaching staff that will get the best out of players.

We are scared we will miss on a top 5 pick but casually expect the GM to draft starters in the later rounds. It’s much easier to get a great player in the top 5 than it is getting a respectable starter in the 4th round.

Veteran QB contracts are around 15-23% of the salary cap. I’m not a fan of this unless we have a solid team already.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:52 AM   #1162
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I agree in general.
We need a GM that isn’t going to whiff on a pick. Can’t win without great drafts. We need a coaching staff that will get the best out of players.

We are scared we will miss on a top 5 pick but casually expect the GM to draft starters in the later rounds. It’s much easier to get a great player in the top 5 than it is getting a respectable starter in the 4th round.

Veteran QB contracts are around 15-23% of the salary cap. I’m not a fan of this unless we have a solid team already.

I agree. There's a reason a team is letting that vet walk away. IMO a vet is a high priced low payoff option. The best thing this team can do is keep drafting a QB until they finally hit on one. Drafting players is tricky and that's why you want as many picks as you can get.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:13 AM   #1163
rocnrik
Playmaker

The problem with QB position is it's such a need that the players are drafted way before there Value ..Daniels may get drafted top 4 yet his value is around 30th pick .. that's the same as Forbes .. we could have got him in second round .. it was a huge reach
! I have NO issue with getting a QB I just wish we got THE GUY( even trading up ) but I'm not sure with our luck we gonna get that picking the 3rd QB ..I'm for picking the best player there and take a QB later on .. I got a bad feeling about Daniels at 4th pick ( if we even have that pick)
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 11:48 PM   #1164
jamf
Pro Bowl

Don’t forget to vote for Sam!
https://www.nfl.com/pro-bowl-games/vote/
Old 12-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #1165
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Don’t forget to vote for Sam!
https://www.nfl.com/pro-bowl-games/vote/
I think ownership is looking past Sam Howell.

But I don't think he did enough to get to the pro bowl
Too many picks
Old 12-23-2023, 11:56 PM   #1166
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I think ownership is looking past Sam Howell.

But I don't think he did enough to get to the pro bowl
Too many picks
I’m just being a dick. My hatred for him is well documented.
Old 12-24-2023, 10:41 AM   #1167
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I’m just being a dick. My hatred for him is well documented.
Get more value for your hatred. Take it to the Presidential level. Save it for Biden or Trump or both of them. Hating two Presidents for the price of one is a hate currency bargain. I passionately hate both of them so much, equally and simultaneously, that my hatred for them tires me out by Sunday and allows me to be mellow about a mere football player. Try it and enjoy the games!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 04:37 PM   #1168
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Sam sucks right now. He has no confidence, no anticipation, he looks like a broken QB. Put him on the bench please.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 04:38 PM   #1169
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Rivera’s parting gift is exposing how undeveloped Howell is compared to Brissett geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 05:06 PM   #1170
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

2nd pick caused by Samuel's slipping. Sam is shell shocked but who would not be with the amount of sacks and hits he has taken. Rivera can stick it where the sun don't shine. We may need to trade up to get one of the top 2 QB's. Let's hope for the Cardinals and Patriots to win
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote