Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-13-2021, 11:47 AM   #1156
MTK
\m/

Re: Coronavirus (political)

We're such a hopelessly dumb fuck country. People around the world would give their left nut for a shot and here we are cheering the fact that some won't take it. FFS. These people do realize that Trump himself is vaccinated right?

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #1157
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://apnews.com/article/health-ne...60c30544a2df60

Lol…this headline:

New York takes conservative approach counting virus deaths

“It’s a little strange,” said Bob Anderson, chief of the Mortality Statistics Branch at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics. “They’re providing us with the death certificate information so they have it. I don’t know why they wouldn’t use those numbers.”

Such a discrepancy can fuel distrust in government tallies of COVID-19 deaths, while making it harder for individuals to know why others in their community died in the pandemic, experts say.

So what retards accused Florida of…(with zero evidence)…New York been doing the whole time. I’m sure most here will go ahead and ignore it

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:17 PM   #1158
nonniey
The Starter

Definitely a politicized crisis. The absolute stupidity from both sides on this issue is sickening. The Trumpster's position of absolute resistance to the vaccine will prolong the crises (many of them still deny the crisis exists at all) and kill a lot of them. The left's denial of the science of how and who the the virus threatens made the crisis deadlier than it needed to be (pre vaccine), economically worse than it needed to be, and harmed the young. Clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right was never so apt.

So here are the facts
- The vaccines are effective - most of those -Check that - almost all of those dying are unvaccinated.
- Some will die from the vaccine itself as happens with every vaccine ever developed -
- Legal protections for the developers was absolutely necessary.
- The virus in not a serious threat to most - check that - almost all kids (When it comes to those under 20, the flu really is far more dangerous).
- Only a small minority of kids catch the virus (almost all asymptomatic).
- Schools should never have been closed as the virus effect on kids was known before they shut down.
- Florida got their response right.
- New York got their response wrong.
- Masks work to limit the spread by limiting the spread of the virus from those that are infected.
- Masks generally won't protect you from catching the virus.
- Stores have property rights if they won't serve/bar someone who won't wear a mask that is legal and perfectly reasonable.

Last edited by nonniey; 07-14-2021 at 08:20 PM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #1159
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

He Gets Us
Old 07-22-2021, 06:55 AM   #1160
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Definitely a politicized crisis. The absolute stupidity from both sides on this issue is sickening. The Trumpster's position of absolute resistance to the vaccine will prolong the crises (many of them still deny the crisis exists at all) and kill a lot of them. The left's denial of the science of how and who the the virus threatens made the crisis deadlier than it needed to be (pre vaccine), economically worse than it needed to be, and harmed the young. Clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right was never so apt.

So here are the facts
- The vaccines are effective - most of those -Check that - almost all of those dying are unvaccinated.
- Some will die from the vaccine itself as happens with every vaccine ever developed -
- Legal protections for the developers was absolutely necessary.
- The virus in not a serious threat to most - check that - almost all kids (When it comes to those under 20, the flu really is far more dangerous).
- Only a small minority of kids catch the virus (almost all asymptomatic).
- Schools should never have been closed as the virus effect on kids was known before they shut down.
- Florida got their response right.
- New York got their response wrong.
- Masks work to limit the spread by limiting the spread of the virus from those that are infected.
- Masks generally won't protect you from catching the virus.
- Stores have property rights if they won't serve/bar someone who won't wear a mask that is legal and perfectly reasonable.

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:57 AM   #1161
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We're such a hopelessly dumb fuck country. People around the world would give their left nut for a shot and here we are cheering the fact that some won't take it. FFS. These people do realize that Trump himself is vaccinated right?

Stop making sense please it creates some right wingers on this board to start chirping nonsense on how the left is to blame. Hysterical.

Ron DeShithead now telling people to get vaccinated. Remember when he was parroting Trump and the rest of the right wing conspiracy toolbags to pack the beaches. Guess he finally fuckin realized that sick and dead people cant spend money in his state. Welcome to reality Ron. Where ya been?

Last edited by punch it in; 07-22-2021 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #1162
SunnySide
Playmaker

Covid-19 vaccines have been authorized on an emergency basis only for people ages 12 and up in the U.S. As of Thursday, more than 4 million children had been diagnosed with Covid-19, about 14.2 percent of all cases, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Nearly 340 children ages 17 and younger have died from Covid-19, according to the latest data from the CDC, although serious complications in children remain very rare.

Mitchell and Summey described Wyatt as having been healthy before he became sick with the coronavirus.

"He was so healthy and happy," Summey said. "I mean, he's had the sniffles here and there, but nothing ever. It just got a hold of him, and it just took him. It's crazy."

Summey said the family is heartbroken.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-b...214607191.html

My daughters 9 .. thinking Id rather lie, tell them she is 12 and get her vaxxed before she goes back to school.

Was really hoping shed be vaccinated before she returns to school.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #1163
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Stop making sense please it creates some right wingers on this board to start chirping nonsense on how the left is to blame. Hysterical.

Ron DeShithead now telling people to get vaccinated. Remember when he was parroting Trump and the rest of the right wing conspiracy toolbags to pack the beaches. Guess he finally fuckin realized that sick and dead people cant spend money in his state. Welcome to reality Ron. Where ya been?
When did Rob DeSantis ever tell people to not get vaccinated? Not locking down the state is not the same thing as saying don't get vaccinated.

It's already starting. We're gonna have another Enough is Enough thread when DeSantis is president in 2024 that will be hundreds of pages again.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:39 PM   #1164
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Huh? He was always telling people to get the vaccine. And yes I remember his approach to COVID last year (ie the beaches) He was right about that approach and no one really disputes that now, even on the left (except you it seems).

Question - Do you still think Cuomo did a good job with his COVID actions (I'm just curious)?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:06 PM   #1165
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Huh? He was always telling people to get the vaccine. And yes I remember his approach to COVID last year (ie the beaches) He was right about that approach and no one really disputes that now, even on the left (except you it seems).

Question - Do you still think Cuomo did a good job with his COVID actions (I'm just curious)?
You're still pretty new here, we only criticize people on the right here.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:01 AM   #1166
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

LOL, yup. Very quiet now out of Florida.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:54 AM   #1167
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (political)

Quote:

He was right? He was the leader if the anti mitigation movement? Before shots were readily available. Come on man. Vaccines were not even an option for what a year during the pandemic and he was telling people to go live your lives as hundreds of thousands were dying. Now he is some sort of safety monitor in your eyes? Lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...88203.html?amp

As far as Cuomo goes I think he was at least giving the right advice early on as far as mitigation goes. Fudging numbers about deaths in nursing homes was ignorant, and selfish and he was obviously trying to make things look better in his state , a state that is a little more of a congested area than Florida and was a much bigger challenge than Florida- but no he should not have fudged the numbers. Honesty is obviously the best policy. It did not kill people like the anti mitigation train did though. But it was stupid none the less. All i know is when the pandemic was raging out of control and there was no vaccine you had DeSantis telling people nothing to see here and Cuomo telling people to mask up, stay home, socially distance etc. Doesn’t mean I think Cuomo is the beacon of honesty but DeSantis was most certainly downplaying the virus like his leader was and to me that is by far worse than trying to fudge numbers.

Last edited by punch it in; 07-23-2021 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #1168
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (political)

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion...k54-story.html

Pretty much sums up what i am saying, regardless of SD’s claim that i only champion the left and they can do no wrong. Also I believe Nonniey has been on this board longer than me he has just been quiet until recently lol.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:18 AM   #1169
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol…you can’t rewrite history Punch. Florida vaccine roll out plan and execution was outstanding. They have the highest numbers of elderly living in the state which as we know and early on…these were the most vulnerable to the disease. They chose to prioritize them first…the competent decision. Look at retards in New York and other northern states who moved covid patients into nursing homes. Full fucking retards. Florida rollout per cap was always like top 5 meaning they were getting shots into arms faster than most states

Their hospitals were never…never overwhelmed unlike California and New York.

New Jersey had the highest number per cap of death throughout the pandemic…I don’t know if that is still the case but they lead all states for most the time

The media looked to smear Ron in Florida simply bc he is the republican…we know that. It’s crystal clear to anyone who isn’t a full fledged brainworm jackass

He Gets Us
Old 07-23-2021, 08:48 AM   #1170
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol…you can’t rewrite history Punch. Florida vaccine roll out plan and execution was outstanding. They have the highest numbers of elderly living in the state which as we know and early on…these were the most vulnerable to the disease. They chose to prioritize them first…the competent decision. Look at retards in New York and other northern states who moved covid patients into nursing homes. Full fucking retards. Florida rollout per cap was always like top 5 meaning they were getting shots into arms faster than most states

Their hospitals were never…never overwhelmed unlike California and New York.

New Jersey had the highest number per cap of death throughout the pandemic…I don’t know if that is still the case but they lead all states for most the time

The media looked to smear Ron in Florida simply bc he is the republican…we know that. It’s crystal clear to anyone who isn’t a full fledged brainworm jackass
40% of all the new case's are in three states wanna guess who they are? Texas, Florida and Missouri . Stop with the BS chico.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-misso...172032337.html

Alexander Nazaryan
Alexander Nazaryan·National Correspondent
Thu, July 22, 2021, 1:20 PM·3 min read
In this article:

Coronavirus

WASHINGTON — Just three states are now driving the pandemic in the United States, as the divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated regions of the country becomes ever more stark, as the more transmissible Delta variant of the coronavirus spreads.

Forty percent of all new cases this week have been recorded in Florida, Texas and Missouri, White House pandemic response coordinator Jeff Zients revealed at a press briefing Thursday.

Florida alone accounts for 20 percent of all new cases nationally, Zients pointed out, a trend that has stretched into its second week.

Zients added that “virtually all” hospitalizations and deaths — a full 97 percent — are among unvaccinated people. “The threat is now predominantly only to the unvaccinated,” he said. A few vaccinated people do experience so-called breakthrough infections, but they tend to experience only mild COVID-19 illness, or no illness at all.