sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #1142
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I don’t watch any of them. It’s all editorialized entertainment and not news.

I read articles. From the left, from the right, down the middle, here, Reddit etc
Reading is definitely the way to go if you're trying to learn something. The talking heads are more about reinforcing your own views. I need to read more think tanks from all sides. And just read more in general.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #1143
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

It’s completely wild at the purposeful spreading of misinformation by the president and the media about the new Georgia voting laws

Starting to see the stealth editing and corrections being made...the point is to spread lies first to get the narrative going. Then make corrections later as a way to saying well our intentions are pure and in good faith. That’s why they are the enemy of the people folks.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:31 AM   #1144
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
There we go. That’s better.

Well played.

I'll also take "one of my top writers had to resign after it became public knowledge that he is a nazi, but that in no way influenced the script for the show" for 1000 Alex.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #1145
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Myth 1: The Georgia election law discourages voting/suppresses votes

FACT: The bill actually preserves or expands ballot access in several important ways: It requires that large precincts with lines more than an hour long take steps like adding voting machines and election personnel for the next election to reduce wait times. It does not change the number of total early voting days, and actually increases the mandatory days of early weekend voting. Compared to 2020, 134 of 159 counties will offer more early voting hours in future elections under the new law. It codifies election drop boxes, which did not exist prior to 2020. Voters can continue to vote absentee with no excuse(unlike states like Delaware, New York, and Connecticut, which require an excuse to vote absentee).

Myth 2: The Georgia law eliminates voting on Sunday to suppress African-American votes

FACT: Georgia law was silent on Sunday early voting days prior to SB 202, and in 2020 only 16 of 159 counties offered early voting on Sundays. The new law explicitly provides the option of holding early voting on two Sundays for all localities. It actually increases the mandatory days of early weekend voting across the state.

Myth 3: The Georgia election law suppresses the vote with onerous voter ID requirements

FACT: The law requires a driver’s license or free state ID number, which 97% of registered voters already have. Anyone without a valid ID can easily obtain one for free. The voter ID requirement replaces the state’s controversial signature match program that led to the disqualification of thousands of votes in 2020.

The law’s voter ID requirement for absentee ballots is overwhelmingly popular in Georgia across the board. According to an AJC poll in January, 74% of Georgia voters support it, including 63% of black voters, and 89% of those making under $25K/year.

Myth 4: The bill eliminates drop boxes for absentee voting

FACT: The drop boxes used in the last election did not exist a year ago. They were first utilized in 2020 as a pandemic precaution. This bill makes them an official part of Georgia elections, and they will be available in all 159 counties in Georgia and under supervision to protect against tampering.

Myth 5: The bill lets Republicans throw out any county votes they don’t agree with

FACT: The bipartisan State Election Board can do performance reviews of local election supervisors who fail their area’s voters with things like long lines and unfulfilled absentee ballot requests. The board will not overturn election results; the law simply provides a process to review and ensure officials are technically competent and complying with state laws and regulations . This process requires a high burden of proof over multiple elections, and the State Elections Board may only suspend up to four election supervisors at any given time, which guards against using this process to try to influence election outcomes.

Myth 6: The bill bans drinking water for voters while waiting in line

FACT: Like the countless other states that have very specific laws against electioneering near polling places, Georgia has codified rules preventing political groups from handing out food or water to voters in line as an incentive to vote, but specifically allows poll workers to make water available to anyone who wants it. The law will also directly cut down wait times, meaning refreshment for people waiting in line will be less necessary.

Imagine thinking you shouldn’t need an id to vote and believe covid passport would be a good idea

He Gets Us
Old 04-01-2021, 12:03 PM   #1146
MTK
\m/

Funny I've seen people on the right up in arms over a covid passport yet they love the idea of voter ID.

Since when is showing proof of your vaccination history some sort of big deal? We've been doing it all of our lives. The politicizing of the pandemic continues to amaze me.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #1147
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Funny I've seen people on the right up in arms over a covid passport yet they love the idea of voter ID.

Since when is showing proof of your vaccination history some sort of big deal? We've been doing it all of our lives. The politicizing of the pandemic continues to amaze me.
Well we got some good news on that today folks per the cdc:

If fully vaccinated, you’re 90 percent protected from infection says the CDC.

If fully vaccinated, you can’t carry or spread the virus says the CDC.

Every adult who wants the vaccine will have access to it by the end of May.

Ladies and gentleman, that means the masks are done.

He Gets Us
Old 04-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #1148
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Doesn't this cut both ways. I have no problem with a vaccine passport, but likewise we have been showing id's for everything and anything. We require draft registration and and minor's get a state id. The Real ID act says you can't travel by air without a state ID.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:38 PM   #1149
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Doesn't this cut both ways. I have no problem with a vaccine passport, but likewise we have been showing id's for everything and anything. We require draft registration and and minor's get a state id. The Real ID act says you can't travel by air without a state ID.

I don't have a problem with voter ID as long as it doesn't unfairly disadvantage people
Old 04-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #1150
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Pretty much.

U absolutely should have voter id and it doesn’t target any group. It’s ridiculous

He Gets Us
Old 04-01-2021, 01:06 PM   #1151
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't have a problem with voter ID as long as it doesn't unfairly disadvantage people
So requiring a state photo id as long as long asthe state provides photo id's fairly and without restriction beyond the RealID act is ok with you?

Old 04-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #1152
SunnySide
Playmaker

The vaccine passport thing just sounds like some executive boardroom idea that would fail.

is it even a real possibility or something just floated about and has gained more media attraction and has morphed into something bigger than it ever really was?

I honestly havent read anything outside of headlines.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #1153
MTK
\m/

Is the vaccine proof really that difficult to pull off? When I got my shot yesterday they gave me a card showing I had the first shot. Maybe it's a state thing, I don't know.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:49 PM   #1154
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The vaccine passport thing just sounds like some executive boardroom idea that would fail.

is it even a real possibility or something just floated about and has gained more media attraction and has morphed into something bigger than it ever really was?

I honestly havent read anything outside of headlines.
It seems like it is just a shot record. Doesn't need to be more than that. I suppose the issue revolves around what activities would mandate it

Old 04-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #1155
SunnySide
Playmaker

I read a sports team will have a vaccinated only section for fans ... I imagine the big thing will be needing one to fly.

Lets just get vaccines going and the non vaccine people can see how things go for them.

Once Im vacinnated, I wont be going to games but id go to a half capacity movie theater or a restaurant.

were way off the media bias topic
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote