Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 10-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #1126
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Tried "two brothers" beers last night...little disappointing.
Ive been wanting to try some 2 brothers as well. Sometimes, expectations are too high and no matter how good the beer (or movie) is, it cant compete with your expectation. or it wasnt stored properly?

Where did you get it from?

Rodmans is DC has praire bomb and a hill farmstead farmhouse/saison collab they did with brasserie de blaugies. bomb is probably my favorite stout.

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2016, 07:25 AM   #1127
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Ive been wanting to try some 2 brothers as well. Sometimes, expectations are too high and no matter how good the beer (or movie) is, it cant compete with your expectation. or it wasnt stored properly?

Where did you get it from?

Rodmans is DC has praire bomb and a hill farmstead farmhouse/saison collab they did with brasserie de blaugies. bomb is probably my favorite stout.
Outlaw 2.0 and another which was forgettable...Whole Foods, good dates in Connecticut

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #1128
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
What the hell is going on w RAR and Manor Hill? For the past year, every time you stepped into any beer store you could count on these 2 local brewers to have super fresh beer. Consistently, every single time. Canned within 15 days fresh. Those 2 became my go to, easy drinker IPAs.

I havent seen Manor Hills IPA on the shelves in over a month and every RAR Nanticoke either doesnt have a dob date or has a 7/11/16 date.

Got some more wicked weed (gose and golden ale), disappointed i havent seen Pernicious yet.

Yet again, only real fresh IPA beer I could find was grapefruit sculpin.
Manor Hill has had some reopening issues and their reopen got pushed back till October-November due to the flood in July. I read that in Mid Atlantic Brewing News. http://mabnonline.brewingnews.com/publication/?i=346275#{"issue_id":346275,"numpages":1,"page":1 }

Hopefully when they get back on track quality improves.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #1129
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Manor Hill has had some reopening issues and their reopen got pushed back till October-November due to the flood in July. I read that in Mid Atlantic Brewing News. http://mabnonline.brewingnews.com/publication/?i=346275#{"issue_id":346275,"numpages":1,"page":1 }

Hopefully when they get back on track quality improves.
Thats interesting, thanks for the share.

Bells Expedition stout is available at perfect pour. Expensive at 19.99 a sixer but they had about 4 cases. I think I am going to drink a sixer then put a sixer in the coldest part of my basement to try next year. I tried a 2014 and it was really really really good.

is expedition a one time release or seasonal? I couldnt find the answer on line.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #1130
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Thats interesting, thanks for the share.

Bells Expedition stout is available at perfect pour. Expensive at 19.99 a sixer but they had about 4 cases. I think I am going to drink a sixer then put a sixer in the coldest part of my basement to try next year. I tried a 2014 and it was really really really good.

is expedition a one time release or seasonal? I couldnt find the answer on line.
It's a once a year release. Not a seasonal.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #1131
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
It's a once a year release. Not a seasonal.
Well I need to load up then, thanks mike. Had a bottle last night and this is my kind of stout. Having tried a 2014 cellar one and now a fresh one, letting this stout sit for a few years really makes a huge difference, much more mealy and bodied. fresh is really good too.

Tried a farmhouse/saison bottle from Hill Farmstead/braisserie last night and it was really good. Like beer champaigne but much more mellow and smoother than any saisaon/farm i have ever tried. Going to save the second bottle for a special moment, might have to try and get a few more bottles for the holidays coming up. if they are still there. this is a beer that non beer drinkers would enjoy. light, crisp, subtle flavors, nothing overpowering or off putting.

praire bomb - had a bottle last night, not as good as i remember but that was after splitting a bottle of the saison above. def not worth the 12.99 i paid for one 12 oz.

its like a beer explosion around the DMV with all these new breweries suddenly on the shelves.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #1132
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Expedition Stout is available now until February.

At the beach this weekend. Hitting up a bottle shop I heard had an excellent selection. Wish me luck. Tomorrow Berlin MD's Oktoberfest (Burley Oak is running the beer garden) and other debauchery and then Sunday Funday watching football in West OC, with at stop at RAR on my way home.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:31 PM   #1133
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Expedition Stout is available now until February.

At the beach this weekend. Hitting up a bottle shop I heard had an excellent selection. Wish me luck. Tomorrow Berlin MD's Oktoberfest (Burley Oak is running the beer garden) and other debauchery and then Sunday Funday watching football in West OC, with at stop at RAR on my way home.
A guy at perfect pour said they get one big batch that they spread out to last them 2-3 months.

You love those beach beer trips, jealous. I dont know how you do it with your kids, I got 1 and I cant take a shit without having her kick down the door.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #1134
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Over the summer I really got into some craft pilsners. Love having something light (with flavor) that I could pound 6-7 of without a) wrecking my palette or b) getting me trashed with high ABV. Any recommendations that are still fresh right now?

Champion Shower Beer was my beer of choice all summer.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #1135
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
You love those beach beer trips, jealous. I dont know how you do it with your kids, I got 1 and I cant take a shit without having her kick down the door.
My folks have a place and I have friends down here. I'm working today with a partial view of Rehoboth Bay. Not complaining whatsoever. It's hard, but my wife and I make it work. Usually the kids are up her ass, so I can take my deuces in peace

@TMC - I don't slide into too many pilsners. I tend to gravitate towards lower IBU IPAs for my sessions. But I have had a few. Check out Sixpoint's The Crisp and Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yellow Pils. Not sure you get Evo down in your neck of the woods, but their Pure Pils was pretty good. And Burley Oak's Bilsner was delicious.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #1136
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
My folks have a place and I have friends down here. I'm working today with a partial view of Rehoboth Bay. Not complaining whatsoever. It's hard, but my wife and I make it work. Usually the kids are up her ass, so I can take my deuces in peace

@TMC - I don't slide into too many pilsners. I tend to gravitate towards lower IBU IPAs for my sessions. But I have had a few. Check out Sixpoint's The Crisp and Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yellow Pils. Not sure you get Evo down in your neck of the woods, but their Pure Pils was pretty good. And Burley Oak's Bilsner was delicious.
LOVE Little Yellow Pils. Will look for the Sixpoint option. Thanks!

I love me a good IPA/Stout/etc., but some of those just fill me up or destroy my palette in the case of IPAs. I won't lie, I do enjoy having quite a few beers at once, lol. Right now, been loving the Oktoberfest options out.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #1137
los panda
Pro Bowl

that reminds me, i love this beer called "little bo pils". i've never seen it in any stores, just at this sports bar in redondo beach.

they also had this, french fries topped with cheese curds, gravy, and filet mignon. fucking fire!

Old 10-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #1138
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
that reminds me, i love this beer called "little bo pils". i've never seen it in any stores, just at this sports bar in redondo beach.

they also had this, french fries topped with cheese curds, gravy, and filet mignon. fucking fire!

In Canada it's called Poutine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine
Old 10-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #1139
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Favorite pumpkin beer out there: Schlafly Pumpkin Ale

I usually don't get too into the pumpkin craze in fall, but I make an exception for this one.

Good call!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:00 AM   #1140
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
In Canada it's called Poutine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine
it's called poutine there, as well. looks like the filet mignon was a bonus!

son of a bitch, that restaurant is now closed. i was there only a few months ago.