https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...coates/537909/

Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What His Record Shows | Fortune

Advertisements
Old 08-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #1082
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime," Scott told the group, adding, "This is probably going be ... the most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."
If Trump can make inroads into the urban communities through faith based organizations, and make a difference in the inner cities, the Democratic party would crumble from within. You can push the media narrative all you want, fact is Trump supporters aren't by and large racist, and we want every US citizen to have a real chance to make his or her own life better by their own efforts in the spirit of Martin Luther King Jr's dream and JFK's great speech "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". The Democratic party has left the inner cities in ruins based on years of destructive politics, and Trump as an outsider has a shot at reaching through the fog of politics and making real diferences in peoples lives.

But bash away young soldier of the left bash away.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #1083
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Honest question,

Who is to blame for this situation:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-ma...040712366.html

I agree it's terrible, but somethings don't add up. My ex-wife is German born, being married to me gave her an easy path from permanent resident to citizenship.

The article says all the appeals were exhausted, so it seems like something else is at play. The main reason in the article is this:
Quote:
Alejandra petitioned to become a citizen in 2001, but was rejected because she was accused of making a false statement at the border when she sought asylum in 1998, said her attorney, Richard Maney. He said she was asked about her citizenship and told authorities she had been a student in Memphis, Tennessee for a short time, so border officials apparently thought she was falsely claiming to be an American citizen.
Further, apparently Congress tried to exempt her - per the Congressman quoted, and it failed, they don't say how Congress attempted to resolve it, so maybe it was a tack on to a bill that was doomed to fail but you don't really know.

Add the fact that her status was known since 2013, (and she clearly knew it long before)

So again, I think this woman - based of this one article - should have a path to citizenship, but it seems like there must be more in play doesn't it?
Old 08-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #1084
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If Trump can make inroads into the urban communities through faith based organizations, and make a difference in the inner cities, the Democratic party would crumble from within. You can push the media narrative all you want, fact is Trump supporters aren't by and large racist, and we want every US citizen to have a real chance to make his or her own life better by their own efforts in the spirit of Martin Luther King Jr's dream and JFK's great speech "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". The Democratic party has left the inner cities in ruins based on years of destructive politics, and Trump as an outsider has a shot at reaching through the fog of politics and making real diferences in peoples lives.

But bash away young soldier of the left bash away.
LOL, "we",so now you do speak for all the trump supporters? LOL okay.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #1085
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Honest question,

Who is to blame for this situation:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-ma...040712366.html

I agree it's terrible, but somethings don't add up. My ex-wife is German born, being married to me gave her an easy path from permanent resident to citizenship.

The article says all the appeals were exhausted, so it seems like something else is at play. The main reason in the article is this:

Further, apparently Congress tried to exempt her - per the Congressman quoted, and it failed, they don't say how Congress attempted to resolve it, so maybe it was a tack on to a bill that was doomed to fail but you don't really know.

Add the fact that her status was known since 2013, (and she clearly knew it long before)

So again, I think this woman - based of this one article - should have a path to citizenship, but it seems like there must be more in play doesn't it?
trump does not.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:50 PM   #1086
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, "we",so now you do speak for all the trump supporters? LOL okay.
no i'm just tired of trying to dialogue with you right now.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #1087
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...18-8?r=UK&IR=T

President Donald Trump is losing his trade wars — at least according to his own measure of success.

The president repeatedly mentions the US trade deficit when talking about trade fights with China , the European Union , and Canada . In negotiations with China, Trump's major request was for a massive reduction in the bilateral trade deficit.

But based on the most recent trade numbers released Friday, it appears Trump is falling short in his main goal for trade battles: The US trade deficit is actually heading in the opposite direction.

The US trade deficit increased in the month of June, according to the US Census Bureau, to $46.3 billion from $43.2 billion in May. Additionally, the trade deficit for 2018 continues to outpace the shortfall in 2017.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #1088
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Winning

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...37723.amp.html

https://caps.gov.harvard.edu/news/ca...foreign-policy
Old 08-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #1089
Giantone
Gamebreaker

but , but we were talking about adoption!!!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...125640737.html
Old 08-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #1090
Giantone
Gamebreaker

.......thanks Obama.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:47 PM   #1091
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.......thanks Obama.
Quote:
In President Obama’s last year in office, 2016, CBO’s*January report*(page 108),*March report*(page 13) and*August report*(page 68) reported a combined loss in ten-year revenue estimates of*$1,089 billion.* Overall, in the three years after President Obama’s 2013 tax hike -- purportedly to address the deficit, CBO’s twelve revisions report slower growth triggering a staggering $3.1 trillion in ten-year revenue losses through the end of his term.
You thank him

I will thank Trump
Quote:
The CBO has issued two budget and economic reports after President Trump took office in January 2017.* In CBO’s June 2017 “Updated to the Budget and Economic Outlook”, page 19 reports that ten-year revenue estimates rose by $195 billion for “economic reasons”.** Then in CBO’s April 2018*“Budget and Economic Outlook”,*page 94 reports that ten-year revenue estimates rose by $1,088 billion for “economic reasons”.* This is the largest jump in revenues for economic reasons ever reported by CBO, and results from, in CBO’s words, their “current projections suggest[ing] a stronger economic outlook than those that the agency published in June 2017”.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #1092
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
You thank him

I will thank Trump
You know, if you deregulated everything, the economy would grow exponentially. It's all the pesky treehuggers that insist on regulation.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #1093
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You know, if you deregulated everything, the economy would grow exponentially. It's all the pesky treehuggers that insist on regulation.
A little DDT and a few more 2nd gen nuclear plants in the right places would solve that.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #1094
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Serious question mooby,

Do you agree with G1 that this economy's performance is to Obama's credit and Trump's economic policies have had no or minimal impact.

Or do you give Trumps policies credit for the numbers even if you disagree with the policies or think they are shortsighted

Or some other answer outside of those two.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #1095
MTK
\m/

Obama built the foundation of the engine and Trump has removed the governor and hit the gas. Whether that’s a good thing for the long run or not we’ll see. Deregulation tends to lead to problems at some point a la the subprime mortgage crisis.