It's time for Super Bowl LVIII

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-12-2024, 02:37 PM   #91
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: It's time for Super Bowl LVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Are we (us, the media, etc) really going to perpetuate the Kyle chokes leads away stuff? He had a one touchdown lead against Mahomes at halftime. This is not exactly 28-3. SF played a great game. The Chiefs are a dynasty. They have arguably the greatest quarterback I have ever seen play. Also losing Greenlaw, especially in that fashion, was absolutely devastating. Chiefs offense started clicking when he went out.

SF will be in the mix again next year. That was an awesome game.
They have a boatload of draft picks, wouldn't surprise me if they trade up for a CB, OL or Edge they like. They are also maxed on salary cap and will have to contend with the up and coming Rams and Seahawks (MacDonald whooped their ass).

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-12-2024, 03:06 PM   #92
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Yea to beat Mahomes you cannot leave points on field ( missed extra point did not help .. I knew that would factor in) KC will expose you mistakes .. I really don't like either team so no biggie but it was great game !
Not only that, but why in the fuck did they give him 2 minutes left in regulation. You don't give a QB like Mahomes that kind of time. That there shows you how fucking unprepared Kyle is to deal with big game moments. It's always the shitty coaches that continue to give these guys reasons/time to be legends. Sure, lets give Montana, Brady, Manning, Brees, Mahomes 2 minutes to drive for FG range.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 03:13 PM   #93
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Leo Chenal should have been the MVP in this game. By far.

Chenal in this game:
- forced fumble on McCaffrey
- blocked extra point
- pressure on Purdy to force a throwaway
- eight-yard TFL on checkdown to Jennings
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 02-12-2024, 03:15 PM   #94
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Great way to prepare your players Kyle.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...per-bowl-rules

Quote:
"I didn't even know about the new playoff overtime rule, so it was a surprise to me," Niners defensive lineman Arik Armstead said. "I didn't even really know what was going on in terms of that."

They must hate Kyle...lol
Old 02-12-2024, 03:22 PM   #95
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Not only that, but why in the fuck did they give him 2 minutes left in regulation. You don't give a QB like Mahomes that kind of time. That there shows you how fucking unprepared Kyle is to deal with big game moments. It's always the shitty coaches that continue to give these guys reasons/time to be legends. Sure, lets give Montana, Brady, Manning, Brees, Mahomes 2 minutes to drive for FG range.

Started the drive with 5:45 on the clock. First play was 23 yards to basically midfield. Then Karlaftis faked a finger injury and there was a timeout. So they were at the KC 43 with 4-1/2 minutes left. They then did try to bleed the clock with two run plays. They let the 2 minute warning pass but the clock stopped obviously. 3rd and 5 and they had to try and pass for the first down. Incomplete. Kicked the fg. I don’t see any way they could have wasted more time. Plus KC had a couple timeouts.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 03:40 PM   #96
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Great way to prepare your players Kyle.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...per-bowl-rules

They must hate Kyle...lol
I actually think that's true of most players and it may or may not be the coach's fault I mean they're not going to spend lots of time going over that, And I'm willing to bet most players just tune out during that part of it. Remember the Philadelphia QB who said that he didn't know that overtime could end in a tie. Not to mention that the winning wide receiver didn't even know he caught the winning pass.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:33 PM   #97
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Since 94 SF has been so close so many times. I envy their “problem” but man it must be hard to swallow as a fan. 8 championships games. They won 3 but lost the superbowl 3 times. 8 times they have been knocking at the door. 8 times they couldn’t come in. Crazy.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:42 PM   #98
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Since 94 SF has been so close so many times. I envy their “problem” but man it must be hard to swallow as a fan. 8 championships games. They won 3 but lost the superbowl 3 times. 8 times they have been knocking at the door. 8 times they couldn’t come in. Crazy.
We've been to 5 SB's 3-2 and 2 championships before the SB era, so we are 5-2 overall, I'll take it.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:45 PM   #99
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

At the end of the day only 1 team wins the SB. Nobody cares about 2nd place in pro sports. We have been dogshit for 30 years.. Our tide has got to be turning right?!!!??!?!
Old 02-12-2024, 04:55 PM   #100
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
At the end of the day only 1 team wins the SB. Nobody cares about 2nd place in pro sports. We have been dogshit for 30 years.. Our tide has got to be turning right?!!!??!?!
right
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:39 PM   #101
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
We've been to 5 SB's 3-2 and 2 championships before the SB era, so we are 5-2 overall, I'll take it.

I know you hate SF lol but there is no comparing us and them over the last 30 years. They are by far the superior organization since then.
Old 02-12-2024, 05:47 PM   #102
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Can't help thinking Reid out coached Wilks, and Spagnola out coached Shanahan. Especially the 4th quarter and OT. It felt in the end that Shanahan didn't fully trust his QB and Reid totally trusted his. Barring major injuries etc. I can see both teams back there next season, but that will depend on how intact they can keep their rosters. Ours is going to be an interesting offseason, but it will also be interesting to see how these 2 teams do to.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:52 PM   #103
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Which is worse, to suck for 30 years or to be a great team for half of those years and walk away empty-handed? I feel bad for San Fran but their problems yesterday were self-inflicted.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:02 PM   #104
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Which is worse, to suck for 30 years or to be a great team for half of those years and walk away empty-handed? I feel bad for San Fran but their problems yesterday were self-inflicted.
If you ain't 1st, you're last. Everyone that hasn't won a super bowl for whatever time period you want to use is all in the same boat. I certainly rather have been a Commanders fan than a 49ers fan last night. I'm not even texting my 49ers buddy for a few days so he can have his grieving period.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:09 PM   #105
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Purdy is fine. He's exceeded expectations, but he is not someone who will win the big game for you. With all those weapons, top 4 scoring offense, top 2 scoring defense, he couldn't finish the deal. Play calling contributed, but the plays were called because of the faith the HC has in his QB.

KC has by far the lesser playmakers than SF, but everyone in America knew Mahomes was going to score a TD to win it.

We need to find the next Mahomes with this #2 pick.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote