Cards post game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2023, 07:44 PM   #91
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Cards post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What's the difference? They both met the primary qualification for coaches and free agents here - namely they were with Ron Rivera in Carolina. Yep, that's all it takes for Ron, so he just promoted the assistant OL coach. It also saved time that would have been lost in unnecessary interviews with people who hadn't worked with him in Carolina.
EB must have shown up to his interview in a Panthers polo. LOL.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2023, 07:59 PM   #92
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I prefer to wad my panties.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 01:21 AM   #93
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I would say that the reason all the mistakes were overcame was cause the Cards didn't have a NFL offense. I was thinking that we would blow this team out. The best part of the game was the crowd. That was great to see.
I was in that crowd, and it was awesome.

D: The defense was great, especially when it mattered most.

ST: Special Teams were good enough.

O: I kept waiting for the offense to feed off the momentum the D was providing, but it never really happened. If they didn't benefit from a few penalties against AZ, and the defense giving them the ball back a couple times, they definitely would have lost this game. They struggled with consistency. The only drive that felt pretty good ended with a Gibson fumble. While sacks may seem to paint a picture that the O-line was terrible, I thought they were ok, especially early on. It appeared (to me and many sitting around us) that Howell was just too hesitant to make a decision a lot of times, like he didn't trust what he was seeing. That sack/fumble/TD was squarely on Wylie though. He just got straight beat.

Sam has to be better though, and EB has to put him in positions to be better. The defense can only carry this team so far.

Not a perfect game by any means, but we got what mattered - the W.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:31 AM   #94
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
EB must have shown up to his interview in a Panthers polo. LOL.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
I was listening to Andy Reid a few weeks ago, it almost sounded like he was begging Ron to take EB off his hands- like do me a favor and take this guy because I don't want him back here.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:48 AM   #95
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I was listening to Andy Reid a few weeks ago, it almost sounded like he was begging Ron to take EB off his hands- like do me a favor and take this guy because I don't want him back here.

Im going to go with absolutely not on that. They accomplished everything they could accomplish together and Reid knew if he was ever going to get a shot at HC he was going to have to get out of his shadow.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:22 AM   #96
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

breakdown of the 6 sacks and assignment of responsibility (from Hogs Haven):

Source:

Quote:
Sack 1
In the case of the first sack, Sam Howell steps back in the pocket, holds there for several seconds, is eventually flushed out, and ends up running out of bounds before the line of scrimmage. This sack is on Sam. At a minimum, he should have thrown the ball away.

Sack 2 (0:12)
Sam steps back, looks right, doesn’t like what he sees, and decides to take it up the middle, going down before the line of scrimmage. Also on Sam. In retrospect, it’s not exactly clear why he didn’t just throw to that first read.

Sack 3 (0:19)
This sack is simply tight end Logan Thomas (#82) getting beat on the edge by the pass rusher. Not on the OL, who otherwise gives Howell a nice pocket on the play.

Sack 4 (0:35)
This sack is completely on the right tackle, Andrew Wylie, who gets whirling dervished by the pass rusher, who sacks Howell, strips the ball, and ends up forcing a defensive score. First sack on the OL.

Sack 5 (1:03)
Initially, this sack appears to be on Saahdiq Charles, who looks to simply abandon his man in the middle of the play. Upon closer inspection, it appears Charles was actually passing his man off to center Nick Gates, who is standing alone in the middle of the field. We’ll give each half credit for this sack, and for poor communication. Second sack on the OL.

Sack 6 (1:20)
Again, at first glance, this sack appears to be on Charles, who looks to be steamrolled by the pass rusher directly into Howell’s legs. The second angle actually reveals something else though. As Brian Robinson is exiting the pocket, he clips Charles’ right leg, causing him to collapse and be pushed back into Howell. It was Charles’ rusher, but he was betrayed by his own running back. I’ll assign this one to Robinson.
Pass blocking will get better as they play together and Howell gets more experience . . . not sure what to say on the run blocking though, they were terrible!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 12:53 PM   #97
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
breakdown of the 6 sacks and assignment of responsibility (from Hogs Haven):

Source:

Pass blocking will get better as they play together and Howell gets more experience . . . not sure what to say on the run blocking though, they were terrible!!
I think there needs to be less run plays out of the shotgun. B. Rob is too good between the tackles to run him out of the shotgun all the time, IMO.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 01:02 PM   #98
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

National rankings:
https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/9/12/...ton-commanders

Anywhere from 17-23 makes sense to me right now. They have some work to do if they are going to be taken seriously.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:23 PM   #99
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think there needs to be less run plays out of the shotgun. B. Rob is too good between the tackles to run him out of the shotgun all the time, IMO.
One of the most important factors in running play success is running back momentum at the point of first contact. When running plays occur out of shot gun it automatically reduces velocity of running back at point of hand off and significantly decreases success. It is a no brainer really. Maybe do it once in a while in low risk situations to keep the defense honest but I doubt the juice is worth the squeeze.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:03 PM   #100
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Is there a reason why NFL teams don't seem to run out of pistol much? It offers better run options than just running out of shotgun all the time while still allowing option, RPO etc.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:08 PM   #101
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Is there a reason why NFL teams don't seem to run out of pistol much? It offers better run options than just running out of shotgun all the time while still allowing option, RPO etc.
Harder for the RB to get in position to block on pass-plays. As he would have to go around the QB then get re-positioned, then find his man. If I was defense, I'd blitz that formation basically every time. Think it's a little too 1-demenional to run anymore than a couple times a game.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 04:39 PM   #102
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

She needs to gain a little weight, but like what she says.

https://youtu.be/pES9aAVcDU4?si=0TDEfZDk-CPbudt1

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 04:50 PM   #103
Burgold
Special Teams

Our o-line is gonna get the kid killed[if these jokers can't block the Cards, what happens when we face an angry Bills team in two weeks??] the Cowboys- Eagles-49er's are lickin their chops just thinking about facing us with this o-line...I hope that[EB] has something up his sleeve or we're in for a long season...our defense can't save us every Sunday!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 05:01 PM   #104
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Our o-line is gonna get the kid killed[if these jokers can't block the Cards, what happens when we face an angry Bills team in two weeks??] the Cowboys- Eagles-49er's are lickin their chops just thinking about facing us with this o-line...I hope that[EB] has something up his sleeve or we're in for a long season...our defense can't save us every Sunday!!
More than agreed. We saw it all preseason I wasn't shocked at all.

Hopefully they improve as a unit and work hard to do so.. otherwise howell is toast
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:37 PM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
She needs to gain a little weight, but like what she says.

https://youtu.be/pES9aAVcDU4?si=0TDEfZDk-CPbudt1

She’s a smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk