Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Moss for Coles (merged)

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the Santana Moss for L. Coles deal?
Yes 43 60.56%
No 28 39.44%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #91
Monksdown
The Starter

Re: Moss for Coles (merged)

Canuck-

With the addition of Moss. And Thrash as a backup returnman or the 2nd kick returner. We definitely dont need Morton. Do you recall what his bonus is this year?
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #92
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

This is the thing I dont understand. Everyone says to cut Samuels or if he renegotiates, it would clear the cap room right up to make this deal. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldnt that just clear up like 5 Million bucks? Isnt the Coles trade going to cost us 9 Million, not even including a Santana Moss contract extention? It seems pretty dumb in my eyes, unless Coles gives back his money. If his ass wants out of here so bad, why wont he give it up?? If everything goes through, are we even going ot have cap room left??? Urgh!
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #93
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
How has he be underachieving? How many sacks has given up? Please explain
well he's definitely been underperforming as far as in comparision to what his salary warrants what his play should be like. he's in the top 10 of tackles but I don't know if I'd put him in the top five necessarily and just like smoot, that's what he expects to be paid like, but isn't really worth that amount of money. I for one would like to see him resigned because unlike Smoot, I don't think Samuels has reached his full potential and a very good LT with a starting qb who's right handed(and who's had the snot kicked out of him during his professional career), IMO is much much more important than a really good coverage cb.

as for this trade, I do like the big play factor moss will bring here, but with the Jets making it pretty clear he was being moved to the 3rd wr spot, why wouldn't we try to get atleast a second or third round pick along with Moss especially with other teams stepping up their offers.(whatever thos trade offers r, who knows?) and with the report that apparently if the trade goes through, the skins already have established that they will give moss an extension after march 2nd, anyone wanna take a guess on much more money were gonna be giving moss that he probably warrants ?
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #94
drew54
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Picks are overrated, you're getting an unknown commodity in what's not regarded as an overly strong draft class, while with Moss you know exactly what you're getting, and dumping serious baggage at the same time.
Would someone tell that to Philly, New England, and Pitsburgh.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:04 PM   #95
BossHog

Any other compensation for us? For them? I would like to know the other teams' offers.
BossHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:23 PM   #96
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown
Canuck-

With the addition of Moss. And Thrash as a backup returnman or the 2nd kick returner. We definitely dont need Morton. Do you recall what his bonus is this year?
I dont think Moss gets used to return kickoffs, just punts. Thrash or Brown would probably be the two kickoff guys. And yea, I dont see Morton being here next year unless they think he can still perform and that his injury was just bad luck
Old 02-27-2005, 12:32 AM   #97
That Guy
Living Legend

chad is paid a lot to do what brown/thrash/simon/betts can also do... I was actually pretty impressed with brown (despite the crushing fumble), and thrash seemed to do fine as well.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote