Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #91
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Around the NFL...Training Camp Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Ermagerd not the trade argument again. Whether you say that the trade was 4 picks or 3, you are correct, depending on perspective.

We sent 4 picks to the Rams. So the cost was 4 picks GROSS.
We got 1 pick to use on Gryphon. So the cost was 4-1=3 picks NET.

Both 4 and 3 are correct, depending on how one wishes to view the situation.
And what about the mortgage?

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #92
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
How was our cost 4 picks, if one of the picks was RG3? RG3 wasn't on the Rams when we made that trade. We gave away four and got back one. 4-1=3. Simple math man. Simple math, period.
We traded 4 picks to get 1 pick from the Rams... 4-1=3... Then we used that pick we got from the Rams to draft RG3 3+1=4... Still simple math, You just need to make sure you add up all the steps and not leave one out. How do you explain us drafting RG3 using a 12' first, 12' second, 13' first, and 14' first (and that is, was, and always will be what we paid to get RG3) and count those 4 draft picks and claim it adds up to 3 draft picks while throwing out statements like... Simple math. 1+1+1+1=3 uh... I dont think so.

You talked about 1 pick being RG3... Exactly, the pick that was used to get him counts as a pick used to get him, seems self explanatory to me. Every player that has ever been drafted has cost at least one draft pick, regardless of the round used to get them. You dont draft a player in the 5th round and then claim you used 0 draft picks to draft him. You used 1 pick, a 5th rounder.

If using the 12' first we got from the Rams doesnt count as being used, then we still have a 12' first rounder (#2 overall) available to use. Because by your logic, we never used it to draft RG3.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #93
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
We traded 4 picks to get 1 pick from the Rams... 4-1=3... Then we used that pick we got from the Rams to draft RG3 3+1=4... Still simple math, You just need to make sure you add up all the steps and not leave one out. How do you explain us drafting RG3 using a 12' first, 12' second, 13' first, and 14' first (and that is, was, and always will be what we paid to get RG3) and count those 4 draft picks and claim it adds up to 3 draft picks while throwing out statements like... Simple math. 1+1+1+1=3 uh... I dont think so.

You talked about 1 pick being RG3... Exactly, the pick that was used to get him counts as a pick used to get him, seems self explanatory to me. Every player that has ever been drafted has cost at least one draft pick, regardless of the round used to get them. You dont draft a player in the 5th round and then claim you used 0 draft picks to draft him. You used 1 pick, a 5th rounder.

If using the 12' first we got from the Rams doesnt count as being used, then we still have a 12' first rounder (#2 overall) available to use. Because by your logic, we never used it to draft RG3.
Because we swapped first rounders, there is no loss of pick there.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #94
Skinzman
The Starter

We still used that swapped pick to draft RG3. You have no choice but to use that pick otherwise RG3 isnt a Redskin. Its still a used pick.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #95
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Does it matter??
Old 07-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #96
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
We still used that swapped pick to draft RG3. You have no choice but to use that pick otherwise RG3 isnt a Redskin. Its still a used pick.
But did we send St. Louis 4 picks?

Old 07-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #97
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Does it matter??
ALWAYS!!!!!!! lol

Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #98
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I don't want to sidetrack this too much, but I do want to respond these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
looking at his body/tone, it actually doesn't look like he's roided out. but i'm not an expert by any means
You can't go on body tone. Not every guy on roids is going to look like Laron Landry (see Alex Rodriquez for example). There are some huge guys that look fat that are juicing. How you look is dependent on the type of training you are doing, your diet, and the type of chemical you are injection (or ingesting). Nothing surprises me when it comes to chemical enhancers in the training world.

Take this guy for example. Nobody in the World's Strongest man competition is natural.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-T-RDUQMlVp...s1600/bsha.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
People of Polynesian decent in my opinion are the strongest human folks I have ever met. I knew this Tongan guy at my old gym (he since has passed away a few years back from a heart attack) Harry weighed around 300lbs. and he used to bench press 660lbs and probably more. This guy was amazing, whenever he benched the gym stopped and people watched. No he wasn't on roids, he was all natural (he loved to eat) we went out to a restaurant once and man that guy ate as much as he benched pressed. RIP Harry.
It has nothing to do with being Polynesian, but genetics does play a part in it all. Not every man taking roids can end up looking like Arnold, Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman. I hate to break the bad news to you on your departed friend, but he was indeed on steroids. You don't bench over 600lbs without help. Truthfully, anybody benching over 450 should be looked at as potential user. That is all there is to it. Many people really have no clue how prevalent it is in the gym and in sports. I used to work in the gym back in my younger days, and even had a hand in training college athletes. I researched steroids quite a bit and have even helped people obtain particular enhancers as well. There are many types of roids and they all have different affects on the body. Some for strength/size, others for cutting.

The most annoying part from roids users are the guys that deny it till their dying days.(think Roger Clemens) I had a few body builders in the gym that used to talk so much shit about steroids, yet I knew the guy who was selling them their gear. LOL The hypocrites are the best. It really is a common thing though, and more often than not starts in high school. Even in my old days, we had guys that did this, and this was in the 90's.

Andy Haman 600 lb bench press - YouTube

edit: For the record, I'm not knocking these individuals that are. If my career depended on it, and it came down to potential millions of dollars in a contract, I'd juice too.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #99
los panda
Pro Bowl

hell, tom hardy juiced to play bane (probably for his role in warrior, as well). on top of that, they cgi'd more muscles onto him while removing his tattoos.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #100
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I don't want to sidetrack this too much, but I do want to respond these two.

You can't go on body tone. Not every guy on roids is going to look like Laron Landry (see Alex Rodriquez for example). There are some huge guys that look fat that are juicing. How you look is dependent on the type of training you are doing, your diet, and the type of chemical you are injection (or ingesting). Nothing surprises me when it comes to chemical enhancers in the training world.

Take this guy for example. Nobody in the World's Strongest man competition is natural.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-T-RDUQMlVp...s1600/bsha.jpg

It has nothing to do with being Polynesian, but genetics does play a part in it all. Not every man taking roids can end up looking like Arnold, Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman. I hate to break the bad news to you on your departed friend, but he was indeed on steroids. You don't bench over 600lbs without help. Truthfully, anybody benching over 450 should be looked at as potential user. That is all there is to it. Many people really have no clue how prevalent it is in the gym and in sports. I used to work in the gym back in my younger days, and even had a hand in training college athletes. I researched steroids quite a bit and have even helped people obtain particular enhancers as well. There are many types of roids and they all have different affects on the body. Some for strength/size, others for cutting.
Oh you knew Harry was a steroid user? Really? You must be psychic, the guy was as natural as can be. Please, you didn't even know the guy for you to assume, yet accuse someone you don't even know. Oh wait, I must be as steroid user cause I'm bald.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 07-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #101
Bucket
Playmaker

I knew a guy who benched 500 lbs in high school. Ended up going scholarship to Penn State and he never did roids. To say silly things like people who bench over 450 do roids is dumb.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #102
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
edit: For the record, I'm not knocking these individuals that are. If my career depended on it, and it came down to potential millions of dollars in a contract, I'd juice too.
A lot of people are either being dishonest or haven't thought it all the way through when they get mad at athletes that juice.
Heck, there was a period of time my SR year in highschool where I was debating college ball.
And if I had decided to play you better believe I was going to do at least 1 cycle.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #103
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
A lot of people are either being dishonest or haven't thought it all the way through when they get mad at athletes that juice.
Heck, there was a period of time my SR year in highschool where I was debating college ball.
And if I had decided to play you better believe I was going to do at least 1 cycle.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people get mad at athletes that use roids. It's mind boggling. For millions of dollars, they would too, which is the sole reason why kids start even as early as high school. What bothers me more are the guys that are naive about it thinking "their friend" is legit because they "know" the guy. It's comical to say the least. Truth of the matter is, he's not going to blab his mouth about using roids if he's a athlete, or even if he's not a athelete it's still illegal and carries a negative connatation. He has rules he has to follow by that could cost him his position, his future, and his career. Again, many of these athletes are aiming for the NFL starting back in high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I knew a guy who benched 500 lbs in high school. Ended up going scholarship to Penn State and he never did roids. To say silly things like people who bench over 450 do roids is dumb.

You knew a guy who in all probability used roids.

To refresh what I said:

Quote:
Truthfully, anybody benching over 450 should be looked at as potential user
I didn't say anybody benching over 450lbs is a roid user.

Listen, I'm not here to convince you of what I alread know. You can continue to believe that these individuals don't use roids, and I'll continue knowing better. I can't expect anything less, there are people out there that still believe Laron Landry, Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds are legit since they never tested positive...lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #104
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
lol did you just compare LeBron James (NBA Champion) and Cam Newton (Best Rookie QB in NFL history) to Tony 'Da' Mandrich?

You're a true hater.
lol please read,no I did not.I compared the kid in question to Tony Mandarich.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #105
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
lol please read,no I did not.I compared the kid in question to Tony Mandarich.
lol, so you're comparing Cam Newton to Tony Mandarich right?
Then yes you are a blind hater.
Closed Thread