Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Workplace

Parking Lot

Old 07-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
KLHJ2
Inactive

Re: The Workplace

I am the loud and obnoxious bastard at work. I am politically incorrect and love to stir up controversy. Luckily most of the people that I work with find me funny. I like to believe that I give them a break from their monotonous routine when I get going.

There is one person that doesn't like me and it's quite obvious. I chased her off today when I posed the question "How in the hell did I lose power after the storm when my cables are underground?". A couple of guys and I started going back and forth on the subject. She Sshhd me and I complied. 5 min later she left the room and went to work elsewhere. We picked up where we left off.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

lol nice, haven't seen that commercial yet
Old 07-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
lol nice, haven't seen that commercial yet

Old 07-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Have one male and one female that constantly come in with sob stories blah blah to garner sympathy. If someone has a situation going on I'm sympathetic but when they turn every little thing into a pity party I'll have nothing of it. There are people out there with real problems that aren't constantly whining about it. Then there are the ones that say "Oh yeah I'm getting ready to leave and find a new job/have one lined up." Then do it! Don't complain about less hours because once I hear that I know that you're not committed and have to prepare for you to leave at any given moment. I mean are people really dumb enough to announce that before they do it? Your notice should be the first that I hear of it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Yeah it seems that the people that have nothing to do are the yappers. Dont get me wrong I love talking, but not in the workplace. I've been on the road most of the time, so I have no other choice but to be quiet.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yeah it seems that the people that have nothing to do are the yappers. Dont get me wrong I love talking, but not in the workplace. I've been on the road most of the time, so I have no other choice but to be quiet.
If you ever want to talk about it we're here for you hooskins
Old 07-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I hate that tryfuhl, there are a ton of people who just bitch as if their story is the worst in the world.

I want to tell them shutup, I've been working on the road for 5 weeks! And better yet the developers in my company work 70+ hour weeks! People are dying every day of cancer! SHUT UP lol.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I hate that tryfuhl, there are a ton of people who just bitch as if their story is the worst in the world.

I want to tell them shutup, I've been working on the road for 5 weeks! And better yet the developers in my company work 70+ hour weeks! People are dying every day of cancer! SHUT UP lol.
LOL exactly!

I haven't had anything to eat since breakfast!!! It's 4PM wah wah

Yeah there are people that haven't had anything to eat since breakfast, 4 days ago. What did you do on your break? Except I don't ask that because it'll be some story about how they had to call someone about blah blah blah
Old 07-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

So this is stupid/annoying...

One of the things I like about my office is that we really don't have a dress code unless something special is going on like a client or the CEO is visiting. Normally we can wear shorts and flipflops and that kind of thing. But on those rare times that a client is here for a meeting they put on a big show and demand that everyone dresses like normal adults even if you have nothing to do with the meeting.

On Monday we got an email saying that a client was coming for a meeting and we had to dress "business casual." So no big deal, I wore some khakis and a decent collared shirt and nice shoes. But when I came in this morning, in my typical polo shirt, shorts, and flipflops I noticed that everyone else was dressed up again. I frantically checked my email and realized that it said the client was in for Tuesday AND Wednesday.
Normally I wouldn't care that much and I'd just hide out at my desk, but my cubicle is at the end of the row so everyone walking down the hall can see me. Also, some d-bag actually complained to my boss on one of these days b/c although I had nice clothes on I was wearing flipflops (it was 100 degrees out and I hate shoes in the summer).
Now I live about 35-45 mins away from work and I had a busy morning ahead of me so I couldn't really go home and back. Instead I ran up to Target and bought cheap khakis and these ugly shoes, which I am now wearing without socks. I was only gone about 20 minutes and no one is the wiser, not that it matters because I'll be working at my desk (or here) most of the day.

I think I should submit my Target receipt to accounting to get paid back.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post

One of the things I like about my office is that we really don't have a dress code unless something special is going on like a client or the CEO is visiting. Normally we can wear shorts and flipflops and that kind of thing. But on those rare times that a client is here for a meeting they put on a big show and demand that everyone dresses like normal adults even if you have nothing to do with the meeting.

On Monday we got an email saying that a client was coming for a meeting and we had to dress "business casual." So no big deal, I wore some khakis and a decent collared shirt and nice shoes. But when I came in this morning, in my typical polo shirt, shorts, and flipflops I noticed that everyone else was dressed up again. I frantically checked my email and realized that it said the client was in for Tuesday AND Wednesday.
Normally I wouldn't care that much and I'd just hide out at my desk, but my cubicle is at the end of the row so everyone walking down the hall can see me. Also, some d-bag actually complained to my boss on one of these days b/c although I had nice clothes on I was wearing flipflops (it was 100 degrees out and I hate shoes in the summer).
Now I live about 35-45 mins away from work and I had a busy morning ahead of me so I couldn't really go home and back. Instead I ran up to Target and bought cheap khakis and these ugly shoes, which I am now wearing without socks. I was only gone about 20 minutes and no one is the wiser, not that it matters because I'll be working at my desk (or here) most of the day.

I keep "Emergency Clothes" in my office for that reason.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I keep "Emergency Clothes" in my office for that reason.
At the end of the day I might just change back into my shorts and leave this crap in my desk drawer just in case.

I actually don't really care about the money because I'll probably wear this stuff again at some point, I just thought it was kind of funny.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
At the end of the day I might just change back into my shorts and leave this crap in my desk drawer just in case.

I actually don't really care about the money because I'll probably wear this stuff again at some point, I just thought it was kind of funny.
What you need is khakis made like basketball warmups with snaps or velcro down the sides. Keep them in your drawer and when those emergencies come up and you need pants...on they go. After the bigwigs leave...rip them off.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #13
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
What you need is khakis made like basketball warmups with snaps or velcro down the sides. Keep them in your drawer and when those emergencies come up and you need pants...on they go. After the bigwigs leave...rip them off.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

I'd say yes, but it WAS in the e-mail.

Just deduct it from your taxes as an unreimbursed business expense.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #15
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I'd say yes, but it WAS in the e-mail.

Just deduct it from your taxes as an unreimbursed business expense.
Clothes are not tax deductable.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote