Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #91
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Big Ben off the hook again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
He isn't my boy in fact I would rather have Big Ben off the field because it helps the Redskins goal. But I have a problem with someone being labeled a serial rapist when they have never been arrested for a single sexual crime.
I agree the label is wrong.

However, I think he needs to learn a lesson and grow up. A suspension may help that process along. If not, he'll end up like Santonio Holmes, but may not be as lucky to go to a contender, or anywhere. The Steelers were 24 hours away from outright cutting him. For some reason, the Jets offered a draft pick. Then again, they also picked up Antonio Cromartie and Braylon Edwards. They're becoming "Dallas-North".

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #92
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I agree the label is wrong.

However, I think he needs to learn a lesson and grow up. A suspension may help that process along. If not, he'll end up like Santonio Holmes, but may not be as lucky to go to a contender, or anywhere. The Steelers were 24 hours away from outright cutting him. For some reason, the Jets offered a draft pick. Then again, they also picked up Antonio Cromartie and Braylon Edwards. They're becoming "Dallas-North".

I think that Goodell has painted himself in a corner and will be forced to suspend Big Ben. I would think that if he is suspended without pay, there is going to be a fight.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #93
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
I think that Goodell has painted himself in a corner and will be forced to suspend Big Ben. I would think that if he is suspended without pay, there is going to be a fight.
I hope so. We need consistency.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #94
skinsfan69
Living Legend

It's now being reported that this same thing happened in another bar a while back but the girl decided not to move forward. I'm starting to think that this guy needs to be sat down for a while and he needs to get some professional help.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #95
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It's now being reported that this same thing happened in another bar a while back but the girl decided not to move forward. I'm starting to think that this guy needs to be sat down for a while and he needs to get some professional help.
He has a rep among players and media, no doubt. I don't really know him, never met the guy or anything like that. But those that have all said the same thing when this incident in Georgia was first reported "Not surprised at all"
Old 04-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #96
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Well at what point to we point the finger at law enforcment and district attorneys? You can't tell me the method to Ben's madness is to get shitfaced and then methodically execute rapes and then cover his tracks.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #97
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Big Ben will not fight a suspension with out pay. This a very very embarrassing situation he put himself in. It is something that he wants to put behind him. Publicly fighting a commissioner ruling will keep this story in the headlines. Nobody wants that, especially Ben.
In regards to the debate about players getting suspended over incidents that were never charged with a crime, as ESPN put it...'this a personal conduct policy, not a get charged with a crime policy.'
Goddell is well with in his rights to suspend him, fine him or force him in to a therapy. It is a privilege to work and play in the NFL, not a right.
Ben is inches away from losing his million dollar a year job. He is walking on egg shells right now.
IMO if Ben does something stupid like battle with Goddell the Rooney's will cut his ass. Pittsburgh is not a Cincinnati Bengals that puts up with shit from their players. Ask Santonio Holmes for a lowly 5th round pick.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #98
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Big Ben will not fight a suspension with out pay. This a very very embarrassing situation he put himself in. It is something that he wants to put behind him. Publicly fighting a commissioner ruling will keep this story in the headlines. Nobody wants that, especially Ben.
In regards to the debate about players getting suspended over incidents that were never charged with a crime, as ESPN put it...'this a personal conduct policy, not a get charged with a crime policy.'
Goddell is well with in his rights to suspend him, fine him or force him in to a therapy. It is a privilege to work and play in the NFL, not a right.
Ben is inches away from losing his million dollar a year job. He is walking on egg shells right now.
IMO if Ben does something stupid like battle with Goddell the Rooney's will cut his ass. Pittsburgh is not a Cincinnati Bengals that puts up with shit from their players. Ask Santonio Holmes for a lowly 5th round pick.

I guess we will see. It will also matter how long the suspension is for. If they suspend him for the year, the reaction will be different than if he gets 2 games.

Edit: Btw, wouldn't it be the union that would stick up for Ben? They have to don't they?

The union and the league aren't exactly on the best terms right now...
Old 04-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #99
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Hey Perry Mason, I hate to burst your bubble but your post was "over 3 times". Over 3 would mean 4 or more.

So now you are citing a PFT report on a case which basically appeared out of thin air and we know zero details of.

I have said over and over again that I think Big Ben did something wrong in GA but to call him a serial rapist is just plain ignorant.
the lawyer said there were other times if u can read and im glad u think its just a big conspiracy against ben

B Marshall stats the last 3 seasons
2009- 101 catches 1120 yards
2008- 104 catches 1265 yards
2007- 102 catches 1325 yards

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #100
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBackupKicker View Post
the lawyer said there were other times if u can read and im glad u think its just a big conspiracy against ben

Did I say anything about a conspiracy against Big Ben? I said it is ignorant to call him a serial rapist. I didn't hear the lawyer call him a serial rapist.

Why can't you read something and stick to what was actually written instead of being offbase with every single point and counter point you have made?

It really is frustrating to talk to you.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #101
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Did I say anything about a conspiracy against Big Ben? I said it is ignorant to call him a serial rapist. I didn't hear the lawyer call him a serial rapist.

Why can't you read something and stick to what was actually written instead of being offbase with every single point and counter point you have made?

It really is frustrating to talk to you.
i guess osama bin laden is innocent too cuz i never saw him kill anyone right?

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #102
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBackupKicker View Post
i guess osama bin laden is innocent too cuz i never saw him kill anyone right?

You know, oxygen is a limited resource. Haven't you wasted enough?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #103
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

Quote:
You know, oxygen is a limited resource. Haven't you wasted enough?
r u big bens brother? every1 would agree with me that ben is a rapist i dont know wat ur deal is

LETS GO CAPS
Old 04-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #104
DCSportsFan98
Camp Scrub

pockets straight your taking that innocent until proven guilty thing too far

would you let your daughter hang out with this guy?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #105
TheBackupKicker
Camp Scrub

LETS GO CAPS
Closed Thread