Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

10 Cuts-Your Call

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #91
rydynsydwayz
Camp Scrub

Re: 10 Cuts-Your Call

OK, Let's take a look at the Logical Cuts, not just base upon passion and disgruntlement following one of the worst home performances in team history.

1) Clinton Portis - (complete shell of his former self)

2) Ladell Betts - (We can all count on more than 2 hands how many practice squad and currently unemployed backs are better than this clown)

3) Colt Brennan - (This publicity stunt bust of a project does not have NFL talent. Lets not waste time, try to find a real diamond in the rough. Brennan, 26, is only 1 year younger than Campbell, 27, and will never be as good as Jason -who is only mediocre himself-. How bout this analogy: Brennan is to Quarterbacking as Zorn is to Coaching. Both are way in over their head. Also Richard Bartell actually has a better arm and more tools to work with than Brennan)

4) Rock Cartwright - (Backup running backs are supposed to have some kind of dynamic trait. Super Speed, Excellent Hands, Exceptional Return man, etc. Rock is no longer a very effective returner. We appreciate everything, but it's time to move on.)

5) Antwaan Randle-El - (Past his prime and salary does not reflect anticipated future contributions. He's no longer a valid punt return option and with the development of the young pass catchers, should fall further down the pecking order.)

6) William Robinson - (Position will be upgraded during off-season)

7) Fred Smoot - (Past his prime and fading fast. Let Barnes and Tryon get the reps, one of them should grow into the future nickleback. We appreciate all the hard work in the past and the great interviews.)

8) Reynaldo Wynn - (Also past prime and fading fast. Thanks for being a grizzled warrior but we need to develop Jarmon and started getting him in on the DE rotations.

9) Philip Daniels - (Past prime/Fading fast, excellent technique guy but no longer has the talent to perform. We REALLY appreciate the loyalty and hunger. Would you like to stick around as a DE coach to teach technique to the young guys and be a presence in the Locker Room?)

10) Kareem Moore - (Questionable ability... Lets rid ourselves of someone that causes opposing QB's to salivate when they see him lined up in the defensive backfield. Can't cover TE's. Position should be upgraded during the offseason and also an attempt made to get Landry to his natural position.)
rydynsydwayz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #92
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
1) Heyer
2) Portis
3) Randle El
4) Sellers
5) R. Thomas
6) M. Williams
7) Rogers
8) Cartwright
9) Armstrong
10) W. Montgomery
I definitely want him gone. That guy has been fucking it up game in and game out since day 1.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #93
skinsfan69
Living Legend

What do people think about getting rid of Cooley? I don't think we could get more than a 3rd for him. But this kid Davis is might be a better player. Vinny really got a good one here. This guy can play.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #94
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What do people think about getting rid of Cooley? I don't think we could get more than a 3rd for him. But this kid Davis is might be a better player. Vinny really got a good one here. This guy can play.
They are really different types of tight ends. Davis is more of an Antonio Gates athletic-down the field, big YAC potential type while Cooley is more of the Jason Witten solid when you need a 1st down, move the chains, over the middle/in the flats type. I say give Shanny (or whomever) a year to figure out the way to use them both and if not then see what you can get for one of them. The emergence of Davis really makes ARE expendable because we can now show a 2 WR-2 TE set and spread the field out to 4 wide and have mismatches on LB.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #95
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post

whats with all the d hall hate??? he has been our best db this year who would we use next year tryon and barnes
I agree some people in here are just plain nut's........ D Hall not going anywhere so get use to that, nor is haynesworth, yea he probably didnt have the pro bowl year we wanted, but we will only be better with him

heyer
dockery
are
moss(time for thomas to step into that #1 role)
rogers
daniels
casey F#@&ing Rabach
yoder
smoot (garbage)
CP ( sad day, but time to move on)

Barnes can move in the #2 spot he got size speed, hit power and hands, just need to goto Deion Prime U for a off season.

Landry goes back to SS, he just don't have that FS instinct, but he can still play SS
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #96
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

It makes me sick to think so many of our players just straight up suck. I dont even know how people can defend the Vinny.

The kinda shit he brought is ridiculous. I mean if you throw enough darts in the dark you are bound to hit bullseye a couple times. What a joke.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #97
MTK
\m/

Funny how just recently we were praising some of Vinny's moves and saying we've got some good young talent. One bad loss and it's all out the window? C'mon it's not that dire. This team has some players, but right now with a lame duck staff and a front office transition underway it's almost expected to see a team pack it in.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #98
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
They are really different types of tight ends. Davis is more of an Antonio Gates athletic-down the field, big YAC potential type while Cooley is more of the Jason Witten solid when you need a 1st down, move the chains, over the middle/in the flats type. I say give Shanny (or whomever) a year to figure out the way to use them both and if not then see what you can get for one of them. The emergence of Davis really makes ARE expendable because we can now show a 2 WR-2 TE set and spread the field out to 4 wide and have mismatches on LB.
But having two pass catching TE's does not work IMO. It hurts the explosivness of your offense. IMO Davis is just more of a physical pressence and that's why I say we try and move Cooley.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #99
over the mountain
Playmaker

rabach has to be gone. to bad i dont think this years FA centers will be anything like last years.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #100
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Funny how just recently we were praising some of Vinny's moves and saying we've got some good young talent. One bad loss and it's all out the window? C'mon it's not that dire. This team has some players, but right now with a lame duck staff and a front office transition underway it's almost expected to see a team pack it in.
No question we have good players but they just don't seem to play well together. Especially in the secondary. Talented guys that simply can't cover anyone so I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe it's the scheme.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #101
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ok so you're Bruce Allen and you've been tasked with cutting 10 guys right away, regardless of salary cap ramifications.

Who do you cut? Here's the catch. Each player must have started at least one game this year.
Randle El
Griffin
Smoot
Daniels
Moss
Portis
Sellers
Mike Willians
Jones
Campbell
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #102
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
If you people want to trade Cooley, you need another season to figure out the following:

- No matter how good Cooley has been (and is) he has only played 7 games this season and had ankle surgery. I doubt many teams will take a chance or be willing to give up the high draft pick many expect to get from him.
- We need another season to see whether Davis' is a one-year wonder or this year was just the beginning.

Otherwise, I don't see the need to call for a trade right now. As I've repeatedly stated, a team is built with both draft picks and free agency. A bad GM can screw things up with a lot of picks just as they can with picking bad free agents. Whereas a good GM can build a team with both.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #103
MTK
\m/

Coming off a broken ankle Cooley will be 100% by August, probably much earlier, no doubt.

If we could land a 2nd for him I would do it... but that's for Bruce Allen to figure out.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #104
firstdown
Living Legend

Funny thing everyone thought Sellers had earned a new contract and he gets the deal and now sucks $hit out of doggy butts.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #105
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

CP
JC
ARE
Samuels
Tryon
Smoot
Rogers
Heyer
Kelley
Rabach

Plus I can think of a lot more that the Skins would be better off without.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote