Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

P90x

Parking Lot

Old 03-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #91
MTK
\m/

Re: P90x

There's also another program after the Power 90 called the Power 90 Master Series. I might actually try that after I wrap up the Power 90.

Insanity looks, well, insane.

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #92
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
There's also another program after the Power 90 called the Power 90 Master Series. I might actually try that after I wrap up the Power 90.

Insanity looks, well, insane.
no s, i do like that it's no weights though

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #93
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
the power yoga is no joke the first time i tried the runner to the cresent to the warrior i thought i strained every muscle in my body

the ab's aren't too bad but the last routine of the full body crunch is a killer, i feel great today that day off was much needed

overall i'm really happy with the workout it's the right amount of time and it's not as crazy as some of the stuff you do in the "x"

i might have to get a shake of some kind when i got to gnc tomorrow i feel like i'm burning way more calories than i'm taking in, i wish i could follow the nutritionplan, but i just try to stay low fat, i really need to just cut out the alcohol for a week or two.....doubtful
GNC is a place to go to spend three times more than you need to. They mark everything up horribly, probably because of their policy where they take returns of opened, nearly empty products if you claim they didn't work after using it all.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #94
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
GNC is a place to go to spend three times more than you need to. They mark everything up horribly, probably because of their policy where they take returns of opened, nearly empty products if you claim they didn't work after using it all.

Yeah when i was buying everything i needed for p90x i went to a lot of body building type forums and everyone rips on GNC. I went to Costco and bought tons of high protien food, engery bars, and shakes. I also bought some cretine and "Jac3d" which is susposed to give me engery online.

Someone gave me a Magic Bullet the other day and i got EAS Protien Shake stuff from Costco which is susposed to be pretty good. Ive been told to hold off on starting p90x because i got a lot of broken bones in my face, but i think im gonna try my first lesson this weekend and see how it goes. Maybe just do the stretching stuff a few times to start off.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #95
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Yeah when i was buying everything i needed for p90x i went to a lot of body building type forums and everyone rips on GNC. I went to Costco and bought tons of high protien food, engery bars, and shakes. I also bought some cretine and "Jac3d" which is susposed to give me engery online.

Someone gave me a Magic Bullet the other day and i got EAS Protien Shake stuff from Costco which is susposed to be pretty good. Ive been told to hold off on starting p90x because i got a lot of broken bones in my face, but i think im gonna try my first lesson this weekend and see how it goes. Maybe just do the stretching stuff a few times to start off.
do explain...
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #96
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

I have one of these (and a blender) for protein shakes. Works great:

I'm holding off on P90X from a busted arm and ensuing surgery with plate and screws, but I have been working with some thicker resistance bands and getting things back in shape. Hopefully later in the year I can try the program.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #97
MTK
\m/

Hey mlmdub130 how's the p90 going?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #98
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
do explain...
He mentioned that he had an accident. I guess that was the result. Ick.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #99
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:

GNC has great products, but they are so overpriced it's almost comical. Good play going to Costco. Also, Vitamin Shoppe is a good place. They have the same selection as GNC and are definitely cheaper.

This is another good place for supplements, but the name makes you feel like you're buying some serious roids, lol:

DiscountAnabolics.com: Bodybuilding Supplements -- Weight Loss Products and More!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #100
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Hey mlmdub130 how's the p90 going?
two and a half weeks in i'm feeling pretty good. i have cheated a little instead of doing my last 3 cardio days i have been takin my dogs on a run it's been crazy nice here. but i have lost about 5lbs, and my arms look alot more cut. i can't wait to get to day thirty to take my second picture and compare them. i did just get some protein shakes from costco today, and some green tea pills, so we'll see if they help at all, i feel the shakes really will. you are past day 30 right could you see a difference in the pictures, if you took any.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #101
MTK
\m/

I've seen some changes, nothing earth shattering but I definitely feel a lot better. Went to the Dr. for a physical recently and my blood pressure and cholesterol were both personal lows. Time to kick it up to the 3-4 level next week.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #102
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
two and a half weeks in i'm feeling pretty good. i have cheated a little instead of doing my last 3 cardio days i have been takin my dogs on a run it's been crazy nice here. but i have lost about 5lbs, and my arms look alot more cut. i can't wait to get to day thirty to take my second picture and compare them. i did just get some protein shakes from costco today, and some green tea pills, so we'll see if they help at all, i feel the shakes really will. you are past day 30 right could you see a difference in the pictures, if you took any.
I know green tea is crazy good for you, and I've been drinking it pretty frequently since I gave up soda and energy drinks almost 5 months ago. The actual tea from tea bags is no problem for me, and I've never had any sensitivity to caffeine nor have I ever had any heart related issues either (my last cholesterol test was 165 and BP is normal).

I bought green tea pills a few years ago, and within a day or two of starting them, at times it would feel like my heart was beating so hard (not fast, but hard), I almost took myself to the hospital. I mean, each beat felt like a really hard "thump" in my chest. It was scary. The only thing different in my diet/routine after the issue started was the pills. So I stopped taking them, and shortly after the symptoms subsided.

Anyway, few months back I tried the pills again just because the benefits of green tea are so well documented and I figured my first experience may have been a fluke. Sure enough, the exact same symptoms arose. Obviously I immediately stopped taking them, and yet again the symptoms stopped. Strange, especially considering I can drink the tea daily with no issue. Huh.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #103
MTK
\m/

Those green tea pills can have a lot of caffeine in them so you have to watch out. They have lower caffeine versions that are much better.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #104
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Those green tea pills can have a lot of caffeine in them so you have to watch out. They have lower caffeine versions that are much better.
That's odd since actual green tea that you drink is usually caffeine free.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #105
MTK
\m/

Yeah I think they load those pills up with caffeine