Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins to Restrict Large Tailgate Parties

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #91
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Redskins to Restrict Large Tailgate Parties

It's not about people drinking, it's about a really screwed up parking system.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #92
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So if you are all for this, then why would you be promoting the petition? From what you wrote it seems like you would agree with the changes that were made.
I think theres betters way of enforcing people takng up extra spots. The amount of people in our tailgate is up 20-30, which works because we get there early and park right next to each other. There is flow over into the "street" but not many cars drive by as we get pretty close to the stadium. If we are forced to park further away from each other or arnt allowed to set up games like beer pong or bean bag toss that would suck. I dont want to park far away.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #93
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Sorry but after seeing both sides here I'm with the team on this one. If things go back to the way they were you'll have people taking up two or three parking spaces wherever they please even if they're more courteous people such as yourselves that get everyone to park together (Matty was right on this one the idiots really do ruin it for everyone else). Then of course the stories about people that get their car keyed for asking tailgaters to give up a spot, again not you, but that's just unacceptable and the type of behavior I'd expect from Eagles fans.

Also you mention playing catch. Sorry but the people watching the game are usually on the outside for a reason in that they themselves can't throw or catch. Maybe get a patch of grass and a mock field for some touch football games and make some money off sponsorship booths but other then that it's not smart to throw anything around in a parking lot.
Of course those things are unexceptionable, and the idiots do/are ruining it. Our group consist of 3 different cars getting there at different times from MD and VA so it would be difcult to coordinate all meeting up prior to the game waiting for the guy who got stuck in traffic or the person who over slept or had to pick up food prior or whatever making everyone wait for 30 minutes plus outside the stadium. Just takes a really carefree Sunday and makes it hetic. Plus we've been parking in the same spot for years, so it jsut wont feel the same. I dont like change and thats part of it, but its seems like the team ownership is working agiants regular attendees and season ticket holders.

Im obvious not a pro athlete, but like many others i enjoy playing sports or just tossing football around for fun. Just kinda of fun to toss a football around sometimes.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #94
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I think theres betters way of enforcing people takng up extra spots. The amount of people in our tailgate is up 20-30, which works because we get there early and park right next to each other. There is flow over into the "street" but not many cars drive by as we get pretty close to the stadium. If we are forced to park further away from each other or arnt allowed to set up games like beer pong or bean bag toss that would suck. I dont want to park far away.
Still, the new restrictions simply say if you are setting up tents, taking up more than one space per car etc, then you have to be in the back. It just doesnt sound like these rules would impact you.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 06-25-2009 at 08:11 PM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #95
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Still, the new restrictions simply say if you are setting up tents, taking up more than one space per car etc, then you have to be in the back. It just doesnt sound like these rules would impact you.
It will impact him. You can't just pick a spot. You either go to the back or are directed to a spot.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:46 AM   #96
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I think mlmpert is worried that they'll shut him down too. It sounds like while they may not take up extra parking spaces, they take up the entire road people drive on with their games. I have no issue with the tailgating aspect of football games -- but get to the back -- take up all the room you need -- and suck it up for the longer walk to the stadium.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #97
Bill B
Impact Rookie

How about if people have to throw a football in the parking lot it be restricted to nerf footballs - so when the inevitable "missthrow" occurs someone's car does not get dented in/scratched/dinged?
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #98
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
How about if people have to throw a football in the parking lot it be restricted to nerf footballs - so when the inevitable "missthrow" occurs someone's car does not get dented in/scratched/dinged?
And take "football" away from the "football" stadium parking lot? Children both young and old like to emulate their favorite players in the parking lot just before the game; and you want them to take that away? Besides nerf balls suck, trying to catch one is like tring to catch a miniature sponge flying at about 60MPH. Kids must think that you are the devil. Don't drive your Mercedes to the game and it won't get dented.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #99
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
It will impact him. You can't just pick a spot. You either go to the back or are directed to a spot.
Anything I have ever been to they have people directing trafic into their spots. Fedex currently does that but if you tell the guy your meeting someone they will let you go park with them. We always get their early enough to park right on stadium dr so we can watch all the action but that might end with the new rules. Not that big of a deal.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #100
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
Good Point! And while we're at it. I think we should also outlaw urinating in the porto potties. I mean, not outlaw it, but put a time limit on it! We should do that, because some people take a five minute piss. You know that? A FIVE MINUTE PISS!!! I don't know how the heck people can piss for that long, but they do it! You know what a five minute piss does to EVERYONE ELSE? It lines them up outside and they wait. And as they wait they end up having to go even more SO THEY END UP TAKING A FIVE MINUTE PISS!!!! Just because of one BUTTHEAD we all get screwed and nearly freakin die while trying to take a piss! And we should not allow this! It is wrong and immoral! Therefore, I propose that we put a 30 second time limit on it! If its over 30 seconds the porto pottie gets flipped over! That will teach them to respect! And get them to hurry the heck up at the same time!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #101
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
Good Point! And while we're at it. I think we should also outlaw urinating in the porto potties. I mean, not outlaw it, but put a time limit on it! We should do that, because some people take a five minute piss. You know that? A FIVE MINUTE PISS!!! I don't know how the heck people can piss for that long, but they do it! You know what a five minute piss does to EVERYONE ELSE? It lines them up outside and they wait. And as they wait they end up having to go even more SO THEY END UP TAKING A FIVE MINUTE PISS!!!! Just because of one BUTTHEAD we all get screwed and nearly freakin die while trying to take a piss! And we should not allow this! It is wrong and immoral! Therefore, I propose that we put a 30 second time limit on it! If its over 30 seconds the porto pottie gets flipped over! That will teach them to respect! And get them to hurry the heck up at the same time!
There's a word for a 5 minute excretion. It's called pooping.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote