School Shooting In Connecticut

Parking Lot

Old 12-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #91
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: School Shooting In Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting - Yahoo! News

People can be huge pieces of shit at times. This is one of those times.
Seriously. So I guess their solution for this gun control problem is to cripple the budget so that no school in that district can afford even minimal security measures in the future? The money quote in that article is where he talked about how the school failed to provide adequate security for the kids there. He shot out a window, so what's next? Every school in America having locked doors and bullet proof windows? No idea how they're going to afford that when they won't even be able to afford teachers if these people win this lawsuit. I'm pretty confident the security plan at that school is probably very similar to the security plan at schools across America, i.e. only way in is through the main entrance, every other outside door stays locked, once inside you're required to get a visitor's pass, etc. The shitty part is that this probably won't be the last lawsuit either.

Last edited by mooby; 12-29-2012 at 10:33 AM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #92
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Seriously. So I guess their solution for this gun control problem is to cripple the budget so that no school in that district can afford even minimal security measures in the future? The money quote in that article is where he talked about how the school failed to provide adequate security for the kids there. He shot out a window, so what's next? Every school in America having locked doors and bullet proof windows? No idea how they're going to afford that when they won't even be able to afford teachers if these people win this lawsuit. I'm pretty confident the security plan at that school is probably very similar to the security plan at schools across America, i.e. only way in is through the main entrance, every other outside door stays locked, once inside you're required to get a visitor's pass, etc. The shitty part is that this probably won't be the last lawsuit either.
And that's why it will fail. Sorry, their is no "plan" that adequately addresses random acts of evil. "Review security measures, check; Run Fire drill/bomb scare, check; Practice safety procedures for crazy gunned up nut rampaging through the hallways, check."

The expense is unlikely to be in victorious lawsuit or settlement of them. Rather, it will be in the expense of defending them. Money, as you point out, that could be better spent improving school security.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #93
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
And that's why it will fail. Sorry, their is no "plan" that adequately addresses random acts of evil. "Review security measures, check; Run Fire drill/bomb scare, check; Practice safety procedures for crazy gunned up nut rampaging through the hallways, check."

The expense is unlikely to be in victorious lawsuit or settlement of them. Rather, it will be in the expense of defending them. Money, as you point out, that could be better spent improving school security.
Exactly. I understand the parent's concern that their kid might be scarred for life, but to me it screams selfishness because of the countless other lives affected, not just the other kids who witnessed these evil acts but also generations of future kids who will be affected by the massive budget loss that will result from this lawsuit.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #94
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

New York woman accused in alleged Newtown charity scam - CNN.com

there is a special place for people like this...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #95
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
New York woman accused in alleged Newtown charity scam - CNN.com

there is a special place for people like this...
There should be but there isn't.

Society needs to make sure she becomes a social leper. I'm in.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote