Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-31-2023, 09:45 AM   #1
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
he hasn't chosen anything yet . . . he said he was not going to fire anyone until he has worked with them and had a chance to evaluate. Nobody has been fired. You really think that going to continue? lol

As for the name change, quick can't happen as they have to wait 5 years minimum. Redskins will not happen either. Too many whiny white folk protecting the natives that don't want protecting. Maybe get to bring back the logo and uniform for throw backs someday if they can do something nice for the native community. But the name is not coming back.

That being said, by end of next off season Wright will not be on the staff. Mark my words.
Well you're the one that said that some random article says that Wright is being kept in the dark and that his days are numbered. If that's the case, what was the point of retaining him? That was basically my way of saying that the article you read was probably BS.

And yeah, everyone will probably be gone by next season or maybe they work out and are retained, who knows.

I think it is fair to give everyone in the organization to prove themselves, and it may be easier for all aspects of the team to be better when you don't have an owner that is actively destroying the team like Snyder.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:54 PM   #2
nonniey
The Starter

Well I still predict this will be Wrights and the "Commanders" final season.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:34 AM   #3
nonniey
The Starter

Just want to remind everyone waiting 5 years is a myth (We'd still be WFT otherwise).
Old 08-31-2023, 09:50 AM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Just want to remind everyone waiting 5 years is a myth (We'd still be WFT otherwise).
Everyone, including the NFL, knew that was a placeholder name. And given that the team was just sold, it technically gives the new ownership the opportunity to rename the team.

However, it will not happen right away because the ownership have other priorities in where to spend their money (fan experience, stadium improvements, etc., etc.).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 04:41 PM   #5
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Everyone, including the NFL, knew that was a placeholder name. And given that the team was just sold, it technically gives the new ownership the opportunity to rename the team.

However, it will not happen right away because the ownership have other priorities in where to spend their money (fan experience, stadium improvements, etc., etc.).
If they want to change the name, money is 100% not going to stop them. That is just ridiculous. You have an ownership group of several people and all of them have billions- except Majic, who is the poor one at around 600 million.
The money they will spend changing the name is chump change to the ownership group.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 04:44 PM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If they want to change the name, money is 100% not going to stop them. That is just ridiculous. You have an ownership group of several people and all of them have billions- except Majic, who is the poor one at around 600 million.
The money they will spend changing the name is chump change to the ownership group.
I wish you could do a true fan poll, where only actual fans of the team can vote, and vote once. Then just give it to the winner. Even if I hated the name, I would still ride with it.

But people will cheat, and other team's fans, will vote for dumbass shit like Pennyloafers, just to try and mess it up.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 05:27 PM   #7
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I wish you could do a true fan poll, where only actual fans of the team can vote, and vote once. Then just give it to the winner. Even if I hated the name, I would still ride with it.

But people will cheat, and other team's fans, will vote for dumbass shit like Pennyloafers, just to try and mess it up.
They could run a sale of season tickets, but you have to buy three years' worth (or something like that) and say that at the end of that sale season ticket owners get to pick the name from a list of owner-approved choices (say 5 of them).
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 05:35 PM   #8
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

It would go back to Redskins if they did that, and I can't see that being allowed to happen.
Old 08-31-2023, 11:39 PM   #9
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:

Super Bowl 58

Washington Pennyloafers 24
Tennessee Titans 13

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:45 AM   #10
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
i costs a bit upfront, but with merchandise sales of the new gear, its a financial windfall if done right. Even Snyder profited from the name change to WFT and then to the Commanders and that process was done HORRIBLY!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:58 AM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Commanders isn't changing, if it was they would be announcing it by now.. Why would they keep it for another full season and then after 2 years change everything again? Just keep it, yes its bland but win games first
Old 08-31-2023, 10:38 AM   #12
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Commanders isn't changing, if it was they would be announcing it by now.. Why would they keep it for another full season and then after 2 years change everything again? Just keep it, yes its bland but win games first
you can't change the name but every 5 years . . .
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:02 PM   #13
EdmundDorf
The Starter

JP Finlay -

Joe Theisman says Commanders new ownership “want to move towards a new name” and put the past in the rear view mirror. Via @PatMcAfeeShow
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:39 PM   #14
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
JP Finlay -

Joe Theisman says Commanders new ownership “want to move towards a new name” and put the past in the rear view mirror. Via @PatMcAfeeShow
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 04:08 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
JP Finlay -

I like it. Don't care if it's not Redskins either. We enjoyed the ride, lets make a new brand and hopefully associate it with some winning this time around.