Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #91
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Re: Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

Jason needs to return. I'll admit I was personally skeptic of him being our QB earlier but he has shown so much grit and leadership the past month I would think it be awful to not bring him back. What other alternative is there??
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #92
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Inside or outside would it really matter? Let's face it Snyder is going to have his say no matter who is here.
Unless he hires a General Manager (or Head Coach / General Manager) who will let Snyder have his say.... and then do whatever the he (the GM) wants to do, anyways. Snyder did this when he hired marty. He didn't like the arrangement so he fired him after only a year. However, a decade of mediocrity may make him realize that he needs to hire another marty-esque guy to run things.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #93
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So is it Brown then? And if so, would Cerrato be gone or remain in another role?

If the later, its truly a great idea then! Instead of Snyder hiring a "real" GM to appease the fans, he just adds another layer into the equation.

Snyder the Owner
Cerrato the Team President
Brown the General Manager

Snyder can pull Cerratos strings and Cerrato will, in turn, pull Moroccos! Brilliant! Deviously brilliant!

We will just have to come up with another term since Snyderatto would no longer suffice. Let me be first to coin the term "SNYDCERACCO."
LOL. SNYDERCERACCO. That would take too long to type. Anyhow, there are other people in that front office.

As for my long-running guess of Billick, obviously this has nothing to do with that. Billick is truly a 100% guess of mine based on nothing but gut feeling. The thoughts in this thread are not 100% based on gut feeling
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #94
#56fanatic
The Starter

Here is a pretty rare thought, keep Zorn, offer campbell the 1 yr tender and build on something. Two first round picks should be offensive lineman. This team is playing really well the last 5 weeks and it would suck to blow it all up and start over AGAIN!

I think Lewis is making a difference, but also i think these young guys are starting to learn how to play. Thomas, Davis have stepped up by being on the field to learn. They have the weapons on offense to be really good. I would rather give Zorn and these guys another year to build on the improved play than to start over again next year.

If Dallas keeps losing and dont make the playoffs or get beat in 1st round then Shanahan will be there next year. Dallas is his first choice from what I hear on TV. I am not a fan of Shanahan because he will want to be the coach and GM, then we will be stuck with the same crap we have now. Coaches can NOT be successful doing both jobs. Holmgren had it taken away from him when Seattle struggled for the two years he was doing it, and Denver went back to so so football when shanahan was doing it.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #95
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Inside or outside would it really matter? Let's face it Snyder is going to have his say no matter who is here.
The only way Snyder wouldn't get a say is if he promises the world to someone like Bill Polian. It would take tens of millions to get him, and someone of his stature might agree to come here but only if he makes certain that Snyder stays the hell out of it.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #96
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

I gotta say I think Jason should come back. We got to take care of our O Line, Jason shows when he has time he can do good things. I guess I am not patient enough to go through yet another year of "rebuilding".
Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #97
celts32
Playmaker

I don't think Snyder having a say is necessarily a problem but there needs to be a GM in place who Snyder respects and can make Snyder feel involved while at the same time doing it his way.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #98
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I don't think Snyder having a say is necessarily a problem but there needs to be a GM in place who Snyder respects and can make Snyder feel involved while at the same time doing it his way.
i completely disagree he knows dick about football and should have no involvement what so ever, that is way to important to leave to him he needs to sign the checks and that is all, after he has been around the block, like 20 or so years and has some experince then he can have some input, but for now back the f away from team jackass!!!

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #99
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Bringing JC back makes sense only if Snyder, Toady or whoever will be in charge carries over the same style Zorn/Lewis/Smith offense...or whatever lol. If we're going to blow things up again (like we did two years ago but Snyder wouldn't call it that) we might as well find a new QB to fit the new coach and system.

But more importantly I'm looking for what Snyder does w/ the FO. The notion that we'll have a smarter, more professional approach to personnel w/ Toady anywhere in the organization borders on insanity. Toady is there for one reason: to be a front man for Snyder's meddling. Snyder wants a new QB...Toady goes looking at Cutler and Sanchez. It's pretty straightforward. Snyder could also bring in a different Toady; however new Toady will be easily recognized. A guy w/ questionable football knowledge and little reputation around the league. This means Snyder still wants to meddle, but wants a new Toady for a pal...one that can articulate sentences such that people don't laugh. The only move that would be "good news" for the future of the franchise is a quality, established football man for a GM who is the clear decision-maker...the rest of it is just rubbish.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #100
Texanskin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I really don't think Shanahan is going to come here and work for Snyder. Especially when he worked for one of the most hands off owners in the NFL. He's not stupid and he doesn't need the money. So what offensive coach with HC experience is going to take this job? Snyder might not have any choice but to keep Zorn.
Totally agree....what we SHOULD do (and we are missing out as i type) is bring back JC, keep Zorn and......hire Mike Holmgren as the GM!!!!! Since he ran the WC offense and knows Zorn very well...it would make a perfect match while keeping JC in the same system. Holmgren would be able to tell if Zorn is better or Sherm Lewis at calling plays (so you solve that issue). But.......we are sitting on our hands and the Browns are making moves....I really believe this would work....thoughts???
Old 12-16-2009, 01:06 AM   #101
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanskin View Post
Totally agree....what we SHOULD do (and we are missing out as i type) is bring back JC, keep Zorn and......hire Mike Holmgren as the GM!!!!! Since he ran the WC offense and knows Zorn very well...it would make a perfect match while keeping JC in the same system. Holmgren would be able to tell if Zorn is better or Sherm Lewis at calling plays (so you solve that issue). But.......we are sitting on our hands and the Browns are making moves....I really believe this would work....thoughts???
I wouldn't have a problem with that at all, but I just can't see Snyder doing it.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #102
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

ZORN has got to go. He is pointing to JC being benched in the KC game as the turning point. He is trying to spin opinions HIS WAY. The turnaround came the second half of the ATL game. He is way off and trying to be a politician. No Zorn, your plan did not work. Sherm Lewis's plan worked. Benching JC caused him to lose his play calling ability.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #103
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
ZORN has got to go. He is pointing to JC being benched in the KC game as the turning point. He is trying to spin opinions HIS WAY. The turnaround came the second half of the ATL game. He is way off and trying to be a politician. No Zorn, your plan did not work. Sherm Lewis's plan worked. Benching JC caused him to lose his play calling ability.
I am quickly coming to this decision myself. Not just because of that, but because of his defense of playing ARE, his comments on Davis - to the effect that it was Davis' fault for his lack of production because until Cooley went down the coaches couldn't get Davis going. Everything Zorn defends comes from the over cautious approach of leaving the veterans in to the DETRIMENT of the rookies/2nd year class' progress. I gave a lot of credit to SLewis(still do) but I wonder if Zorn would have been an obstacle if the season ending injuries hadn't taken place. In Zorn's statement on ARE, he took responsibility, and said that it was because he is confident in ARE, but why??? because no one else had given him that confidence, but if ARE is not executing after several games, you pull him, it shouldn't take a season meltdown for a younger player to get a chance, even if he is going to make some mistakes, he might learn from them, as opposed to ARE who is not learning anything new, just making the same mistakes over and over. (sorry for the run on sentence!) Zorn made basically the same justification for not getting FD involved, but now we see that may have been a big mistake. Same with DT, get him involved and use him even if he's not 100% pro bowl yet.

All our griping about the slow development period seems to fall onto Zorn's shoulders once you listen to his defense/explanations about why FD and ARE are doing what they are doing.

And that is the HC responsibility above and beyond playcalling, and because of his defense of the indefensible I would say Zorn needs to go.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #104
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

When the Browns talk to Holmgren it's "The Browns are taking decisive action now to make fundamental changes to the organization" When the Redskins talk to Shanahan it's "Dan Snyder has no patience, he's always meddling"
Old 12-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #105
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Like Bruce Allen