Offense Sucks/Turner Sucks/Refs Suck Post-Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-19-2022, 09:52 PM   #91
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Offense Sucks/Turner Sucks/Refs Suck Post-Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This lack of offensive production can be fixed real quick, but it won’t happen. Turner needs to quit fucking around passing and stick to pounding the ball with BRob, Gibson and Williams (Samuel is no secret anymore) and I don’t care what anyone says, start Howell. I guarantee this offense would score lots of points. Who cares if he’s a rookie, he’s had pre-season and 14 games to learn the offense. Wentz should be inactive and TH the backup.

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-19-2022, 09:53 PM   #92
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
My bad, not ace, shotgun, but plain and simple handoff to a WR in the backfield. I included the previous 2 and 3 flea flicker. That sequence is a case study of awful play call.

I hated watching this last night, but after watching it again I hate it even more.
No doubt BR gets that first. Honestly Turner should be fired for running that play with Samuel.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:03 PM   #93
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I wouldn’t say it’s over because Seattle will most likely lose to KC and the Lions have a road game against Carolina so anything can happen.

We do need to win 2 of the next 3 tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the 2022 nfl playoff simulator. Its better than mock drafts. Lol.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:06 PM   #94
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Losing last night actually gives us a first round game with Minny and the Giants one with San Fran. Lol

If we go 2-1 in the last three, and Detroit goes 2-1 we would still get in. We win out we are in for sure. It is an absolute possibility, and not very far fetched that we get in, but we need to win 2 of 3 and root like hell for anyone playing Detroit. Seattle is done. Giants are in.

The crazy thing is losing that game last night might be a blessing in disguise. In almost any scenario where we would still get in it gives us Minny over SF.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:09 PM   #95
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Losing last night actually gives us a first round game with Minny and the Giants one with San Fran. Lol
Yep, I mention that as our silver lining, now we have to make the playoffs, have to win at least 2 games.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:14 PM   #96
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Yep, I mention that as our silver lining, now we have to make the playoffs, have to win at least 2 games.

If that winds up being the case and we beat Minny, Ill buy that ref dinner. Lol.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:56 PM   #97
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I had to share this. My gf is European and doesn't understand football all that well. This is part of her text to me today... lol

"All the calls went against the Commanders and a couple of times Daboll objected to an anti Giant call they reviewed and reversed it. I think you're right, Rivera is just an average coach. He was so passive while Daboll kept hounding the refs to change the calls. Rivera just takes it.. very frustrating... I think maybe the NFL does not want a Snyder team in the playoffs. Too bad the players are paying for it. What an American mafia the NFL is"
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:58 PM   #98
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

She is smart , keep her
Old 12-19-2022, 10:59 PM   #99
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I had to share this. My gf is European and doesn't understand football all that well. This is part of her text to me today... lol

"All the calls went against the Commanders and a couple of times Daboll objected to an anti Giant call they reviewed and reversed it. I think you're right, Rivera is just an average coach. He was so passive while Daboll kept hounding the refs to change the calls. Rivera just takes it.. very frustrating... I think maybe the NFL does not want a Snyder team in the playoffs. Too bad the players are paying for it. What an American mafia the NFL is"
Sounds like you need to create an account from her.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:02 PM   #100
skinsfan69
Living Legend

You guys crack me up. How about we just worry about getting in and let the chips fall where they may. I'd much rather face Purdy than that Vikings offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:40 PM   #101
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Apparently Ron said they will consider Wentz if the offense doesn’t improve. This was on ESPN Tonight

Old 12-20-2022, 12:02 AM   #102
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Apparently Ron said they will consider Wentz if the offense doesn’t improve. This was on ESPN Tonight

He's an idiot if he thinks it will be different with Wentz in there. He probably would have been sacked 9 times against the Giants.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 01:00 AM   #103
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

It should be considered.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 01:30 AM   #104
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
He's an idiot if he thinks it will be different with Wentz in there. He probably would have been sacked 9 times against the Giants.
Maybe, not advocating for the change but he would only have had to score 14 points in 4 quarters. Even being sacked and fumbling he is capable of scoring points which clearly Heinicke isn't. Even if you max protect on pass plays our receivers are capable of getting open and catching contested balls and maybe Scott runs the ball a lot more with Wentz in there allowing more play action.

But the time to make the change was a couple of weeks ago. If (when) SF shuts this excuse for an offense down Wentz would have one must win game to turn it around or it is Howell time.

For the record I don't think any of the QBs we have is going to get us in the playoffs, especially with this OL and Scott Turner running the offence. Ron should have dealt with the offensive play calling, or lack thereof, weeks ago. It has been happening since week 1.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 07:42 AM   #105
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Maybe, not advocating for the change but he would only have had to score 14 points in 4 quarters. Even being sacked and fumbling he is capable of scoring points which clearly Heinicke isn't. Even if you max protect on pass plays our receivers are capable of getting open and catching contested balls and maybe Scott runs the ball a lot more with Wentz in there allowing more play action.

But the time to make the change was a couple of weeks ago. If (when) SF shuts this excuse for an offense down Wentz would have one must win game to turn it around or it is Howell time.

For the record I don't think any of the QBs we have is going to get us in the playoffs, especially with this OL and Scott Turner running the offence. Ron should have dealt with the offensive play calling, or lack thereof, weeks ago. It has been happening since week 1.
Good take. TH's big thing was avoiding sacks and he hasn't been doing that. IMO Wentz and TH are basically the same QB with Wentz's big arm being the only difference. If the QB is going to be sacked and fumble it seems better to have one that can actually throw deep down field. In the end Wentz or TH, it wont matter because this team isn't going anywhere.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote