Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-30-2023, 02:26 PM   #91
MTK
\m/

Re: Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Trust him or not, I'd find to hard to believe he's going rogue and saying something the ownership group doesn't also support.

A change is still possible, it was just never going back to Redskins.

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2023, 03:03 PM   #92
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Trust him or not, I'd find to hard to believe he's going rogue and saying something the ownership group doesn't also support.

The only surprise from Jason Wright's comment is that Jason Wright is still there to make a comment.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:07 PM   #93
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Commanders team president Jason Wright says that the team will not consider going back to the old team name. "It is not being considered. Period."

- JP Finlay
Booooo

Wrights the piece of shit who lead the charge for this name. That’s why he is adamant and rightfully embarrassed

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:54 PM   #94
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:

i read in an article somewhere a while back that he is being kept out of the loop on a lot of things and that his days are numbered . . . for what its worth
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 08:59 PM   #95
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
i read in an article somewhere a while back that he is being kept out of the loop on a lot of things and that his days are numbered . . . for what its worth
I doubt this is happening, because only a dysfunctional organization would do this. Harris could have easily fired him, without much consequence, but he chose to keep him.

A quick name change is not going to happen because it is going to upset many fans: those who have the delusion that the name Redskins will be back (because it will never happen), those that wanted Redwolves (because I doubt that would happen as well), and those that are going to be tired of yet another name change.

Also, are they really going to spend millions of dollars on a name change, when they could be spending that money in other priority projects? I doubt it.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:54 PM   #96
nonniey
The Starter

Well I still predict this will be Wrights and the "Commanders" final season.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:23 PM   #97
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I doubt this is happening, because only a dysfunctional organization would do this. Harris could have easily fired him, without much consequence, but he chose to keep him.

A quick name change is not going to happen because it is going to upset many fans: those who have the delusion that the name Redskins will be back (because it will never happen), those that wanted Redwolves (because I doubt that would happen as well), and those that are going to be tired of yet another name change.

Also, are they really going to spend millions of dollars on a name change, when they could be spending that money in other priority projects? I doubt it.
he hasn't chosen anything yet . . . he said he was not going to fire anyone until he has worked with them and had a chance to evaluate. Nobody has been fired. You really think that going to continue? lol

As for the name change, quick can't happen as they have to wait 5 years minimum. Redskins will not happen either. Too many whiny white folk protecting the natives that don't want protecting. Maybe get to bring back the logo and uniform for throw backs someday if they can do something nice for the native community. But the name is not coming back.

That being said, by end of next off season Wright will not be on the staff. Mark my words.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:34 AM   #98
nonniey
The Starter

Just want to remind everyone waiting 5 years is a myth (We'd still be WFT otherwise).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:45 AM   #99
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
he hasn't chosen anything yet . . . he said he was not going to fire anyone until he has worked with them and had a chance to evaluate. Nobody has been fired. You really think that going to continue? lol

As for the name change, quick can't happen as they have to wait 5 years minimum. Redskins will not happen either. Too many whiny white folk protecting the natives that don't want protecting. Maybe get to bring back the logo and uniform for throw backs someday if they can do something nice for the native community. But the name is not coming back.

That being said, by end of next off season Wright will not be on the staff. Mark my words.
Well you're the one that said that some random article says that Wright is being kept in the dark and that his days are numbered. If that's the case, what was the point of retaining him? That was basically my way of saying that the article you read was probably BS.

And yeah, everyone will probably be gone by next season or maybe they work out and are retained, who knows.

I think it is fair to give everyone in the organization to prove themselves, and it may be easier for all aspects of the team to be better when you don't have an owner that is actively destroying the team like Snyder.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-31-2023, 09:50 AM   #100
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Just want to remind everyone waiting 5 years is a myth (We'd still be WFT otherwise).
Everyone, including the NFL, knew that was a placeholder name. And given that the team was just sold, it technically gives the new ownership the opportunity to rename the team.

However, it will not happen right away because the ownership have other priorities in where to spend their money (fan experience, stadium improvements, etc., etc.).
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-31-2023, 09:58 AM   #101
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Commanders isn't changing, if it was they would be announcing it by now.. Why would they keep it for another full season and then after 2 years change everything again? Just keep it, yes its bland but win games first
Old 08-31-2023, 10:00 AM   #102
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The only surprise from Jason Wright's comment is that Jason Wright is still there to make a comment.
This

Agree with Mattyk though, don't think he would say something that's completely out of line with the owning group's position. And even without his comment, I was 98.7% sure going back to Redskins wasn't happening. Just way too risky. Just changing the name chosen by Snyder makes the new owner(s) the good guy(s), whatever you think about it, they don't need the controversy that would come with going back to Redskins in 2023.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:38 AM   #103
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Commanders isn't changing, if it was they would be announcing it by now.. Why would they keep it for another full season and then after 2 years change everything again? Just keep it, yes its bland but win games first
you can't change the name but every 5 years . . .
Old 08-31-2023, 02:02 PM   #104
EdmundDorf
The Starter

JP Finlay -

Joe Theisman says Commanders new ownership “want to move towards a new name” and put the past in the rear view mirror. Via @PatMcAfeeShow
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:39 PM   #105
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
JP Finlay -

Joe Theisman says Commanders new ownership “want to move towards a new name” and put the past in the rear view mirror. Via @PatMcAfeeShow
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote