Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 AM   #91
skins89moss
Playmaker

Re: Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Blache is still trying to coach you line up across from the man in front of you and you block him. That crap doesn't work any more with the blocking schemes that the offense has now and the way they can spread your defense out. The NFL game has change to help the offense put up more points. Oh but so far it's not helping our offense because we don't take many shots down the field.

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #92
#56fanatic
The Starter

Watching this display of "let me sit back and let a rookie dismantle us" defense, I couldn't help but wonder when Greg Blache starts getting on the hot seat attention. He has taken a once very aggressive, pressure built defense into a cover 2 bend not break kind of defense. Its absolutely incredible to have a rookie QB in his 3rd game pick us apart on 3rd down. They were something like 8 for 10 on 3rd down, that is unheard of. GW would have never let that happen. It would have been a constant diet of
blitz packages to confuse the kid and force him to make quick reads and get rid of the ball. I would be ashamed if I was him. He is also going to piss off his corners with remarks like "I didn't want to leave anyone by them selves against him" (referring to Calvin Johnson). what kind of confidence booster is that! freaking amazing they would rather have a rookie QB sit back in the pocket and pick apart a once proud D, than leave
Calvin one on one against a corner.

Blache...if you pressure the quarterback, they, especially rookies, with crap Oline and not so good receivers, you may get a turnover, a sack, an incomplete on 3rd down. I can't believe this shit, I am still steaming this morning.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #93
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

The only surprising thing is that it took a loss against the Lions to blow up the "we've got a great defense" myth. I can't even count the number of times someone in the media or on the team spouted off that the Redskins were the 4th rated defense in 2008, as if that made them elite. It is as if people do not have eyes in their head. Hell, even last week people were talking about how they "only" gave up 7 points to the Rams.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #94
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Well if you are a good coach you bring the best out of average players and make good players better. We were stopping teams on 3rd down a few years ago with the same players and we supposedly upgraded this year. Come again!!
You are assuming as Redskins have for the last decade, that we have quality talent instead of over paid players. That is a big assumption. Good players make good plays. Good players stop receivers. Good players don't play 10 yards off because they are afraid they will get beat. Good players make tackles.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #95
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
Watching this display of "let me sit back and let a rookie dismantle us" defense, I couldn't help but wonder when Greg Blache starts getting on the hot seat attention. He has taken a once very aggressive, pressure built defense into a cover 2 bend not break kind of defense. Its absolutely incredible to have a rookie QB in his 3rd game pick us apart on 3rd down. They were something like 8 for 10 on 3rd down, that is unheard of. GW would have never let that happen. It would have been a constant diet of
blitz packages to confuse the kid and force him to make quick reads and get rid of the ball. I would be ashamed if I was him. He is also going to piss off his corners with remarks like "I didn't want to leave anyone by them selves against him" (referring to Calvin Johnson). what kind of confidence booster is that! freaking amazing they would rather have a rookie QB sit back in the pocket and pick apart a once proud D, than leave
Calvin one on one against a corner.

Blache...if you pressure the quarterback, they, especially rookies, with crap Oline and not so good receivers, you may get a turnover, a sack, an incomplete on 3rd down. I can't believe this shit, I am still steaming this morning.
I agree...sort of. There should have been more blitzing. But he's in a tough position of coaching a defense where he has to try and keep the score down cause of an offense that has no ability to score points. My guess is that he ( and the rest of the defensive coaches) don't want to take chances because of this.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #96
Pocket$ $traight

Since the defense has been the only thing we could hang our hat on for years, I will give them a pass.

Also, at the end of the day, they only gave up 19 points and 4 of those were given to Detroit by the head coach.

The long drives are troubling but honestly, if you hold the Lions to 19 points, you should be able to win that game.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #97
MTK
\m/

I think it's time to forget about what the defense has done in the past and focus on what they're doing now, and that's not much.

They can't get off the field right now on 3rd downs, they've given up 100 yard rushers in back to back weeks, and the overall effort seems uninspired and lazy. There's a lot of blame to go around right now, nobody gets a pass in my book.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #98
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think it's time to forget about what the defense has done in the past and focus on what they're doing now, and that's not much.

They can't get off the field right now on 3rd downs, they've given up 100 yard rushers in back to back weeks, and the overall effort seems uninspired and lazy. There's a lot of blame to go around right now, nobody gets a pass in my book.
Flashy free agent signings and predominantly drafting skill positions are no way to build a team. I think the Skins have proven that by now. The next 3 drafts should be dedicated to drafting O-Line, D-Line, Linebackers and a franchise QB. Get a new coach and new GM and come up with a 3 year plan to restore this team to greatness... or at least to being respectable.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #99
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:

Ok that is fair. So let's start with the top. Send a message and fire the head coach. He is incompetent and when you want to change a culture, you get rid of the leader. Blache can go to, I really don't care, but at least he has proven over several years that he can effectively lead a defensive group.

Zorn, had never led jacksh-- before he was handed the job last year and we are paying for it every week. Once the league got some tape on him and figured out his tendencies, his offense has been castrated by good and bad teams.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #100
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Ok that is fair. So let's start with the top. Send a message and fire the head coach. He is incompetent and when you want to change a culture, you get rid of the leader. Blache can go to, I really don't care, but at least he has proven over several years that he can effectively lead a defensive group.

Zorn, had never led jacksh-- before he was handed the job last year and we are paying for it every week. Once the league got some tape on him and figured out his tendencies, his offense has been castrated by good and bad teams.
Send a message and start at the real top. Fire Vonny Cerrato for putting this team together. I vaguely remember him saying two years ago that he was accountable. Pay back is a bitch.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #101
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post

Firing anyone right now is a little too reactionary and knee-jerk for my taste.

If we're sitting at 1-6 at the bye, ok, I might understand firing someone. But even then, it's not going to help us this year.

The best thing we can hope for is Zorn gets this ship righted, somehow. If not you clean house the day after the season ends and go from there.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #102
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Firing anyone right now is a little too reactionary and knee-jerk for my taste.

If we're sitting at 1-6 at the bye, ok, I might understand firing someone. But even then, it's not going to help us this year.

The best thing we can hope for is Zorn gets this ship righted, somehow. If not you clean house the day after the season ends and go from there.

I just don't see it happening. Zorn is getting worse at game management. He makes Jerry Glanville look like Joe Gibbs version 2.

He isn't coaching the games like they are his last, he is coaching every play like it is his last.

He is crumbling under the pressure right before our eyes and I do not believe in just throwing away a season, not when it could be saved.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #103
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Send a message and start at the real top. Fire Vonny Cerrato for putting this team together. I vaguely remember him saying two years ago that he was accountable. Pay back is a bitch.
I may be in the minority but I am not that unhappy with Vinny's moves since Gibbs left.

I think he has assembled a lot of talented players and the coaches are not effectively using them.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #104
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:

Exactly. I think the "D" gets a pass from some people because

#1 They've been good in the past
#2 The offense is having trouble scoring

Neither one is an excuse for giving up so many first downs and not being able to get off the field. Our defense doesn't worry anyone. Not even the Lions. They had scoring drives of 99-74-86, and 85 yards. That is pathetic.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #105
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patfisher37 View Post
Just saw the video myself and the one that really stood out was the one with Kelly Johnson and the players in the locker room. They are throwing themselves under the bus. Specially are two AWESOME CORNERS!!! (sarcasm)
Toast 1 and Toast 2 said that we have players thinking they are better than they are! Could they be talking of themselves? Cause they sure stunk the place up today as they have the first 2 games.
Our corners played well. Look at how long Stafford had to throw on so many plays, including his 21 yrd. run. The coverage on the td was tight too. Sure, they got beat on some plays but they held C. Johnson under 50 yards. We need a pass rush!
Closed Thread