Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

RI: Rogers doesn't know how long benching will last..

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #91
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: RI: Rogers doesn't know how long benching will last..

i like rogers. i liked when we picked him in the draft, i liked how we got to see him progress compared to his draft buddies of pacman and rolle. i liked how he came back last year and really seemed to play well after the injury. i remember he shut down quite a few top tier recievers without alot of help last year.

i thought he's benching last year was alil puzzling. i didnt like his atitude after the benching last year. this year hes play hasnt really stood out. i dont like his attitude or comments now.

no proof, but i really do think their is a group of players wanting out of dc. springs was one of them, i think moss and some others as well. i'm going to add rogers to the list of players not wanting to be a skin.

i just hope orakpo stays close to fletcher and some of the other professionals on our team and that group of wanna-be-dissenters dont get into his head with this idea that we are a continually losing franchise with no hope.

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #92
pg86
No new threads for you

Im guessing the staff wants a guy that wants to be there rather than a guy thats good and just gives up big plays when things look bad! Can you blame them? Rodgers should of been benched....and especially with that attitude I ain't thinkin bout no future here (so you've already quit!?!? what kinda weak ass stuff is that?)

To add to that remember the season when Portis missed practice or whatever and Gibbs didn't give a damn a man who didn't practice doesn't play on his team and Gibbs benched him? Thats the attitude that needs to be brought about Portis, Betts is busting his ass he knows the playbook he executes debate over that over.
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #93
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i just hope orakpo stays close to fletcher and some of the other professionals on our team and that group of wanna-be-dissenters dont get into his head with this idea that we are a continually losing franchise with no hope.
From what I have read on Orakpo's comments and what reporters explained what Orakpo said, it does not sound as if Orakpo will be one of those headcases.. It appears as if our d-line men is close to each other; I mean, even Orakpo was joking about how Carter and other players (d-line) re "getting there", as in getting old and they have had to work out harder.. So that is good sign..

Speaking of Rogers: Redskins Insider - Rogers says he doesn't expect to be on bench
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #94
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I look forward to the time when he's long gone and we can say, "Carlos who?" I hope that whatever team he's on next year, whoever our QB is throws at him all day if/when we play against him.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #95
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
From what I have read on Orakpo's comments and what reporters explained what Orakpo said, it does not sound as if Orakpo will be one of those headcases.. It appears as if our d-line men is close to each other; I mean, even Orakpo was joking about how Carter and other players (d-line) re "getting there", as in getting old and they have had to work out harder.. So that is good sign..

Speaking of Rogers: Redskins Insider - Rogers says he doesn't expect to be on bench
Interesting. Here he says he doesn't expect to be strictly on the bench

Rogers Addresses His Status After Benching
Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #96
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

He also says he was advised by Grey to give even MORE cushion to prevent future "mistakes." Yeah. Thats exactly what we need.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #97
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Interesting. Here he says he doesn't expect to be strictly on the bench

Rogers Addresses His Status After Benching
Well, either way, I guess we all can expect to see less of Rogers on field for rest of season.. But of course, I'm pretty sure this all depends on how Smoot and Tryon (and maybe Holmes?) performs on field.. If they do not play well, then perhaps Blache will have no choice but to put Rogers back in starting line up once again.. I can't help but continue to wonder what the hell is going on with Kevin Barnes? Barnes is not even one of the options for possible replacement for Rogers?

This brings up other vital question; we pretty much can expect for Rogers and Redskins to apart after this season, how are we going to replace him? Especially with Smoot gone, as well? Supposed Barnes and Tryon hasn't panned out as we had hope.. I just looked at JLC's free agent list and free agency pool for CB doesn't look good.. There is only one CB that is starter material and that is Dunta Robinson from Houston; however I'm pretty sure Houston will tag him with RFA.. We would only add burden on our FO to search for replacement for CB.. Leigh Bodden and Ken Lucas are other possibilities, however Bodden is more likely to resign with Patriots.. Panthers released Lucas for a reason..
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #98
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It's probably hard to imagine right now what with him basically being inactive every week...but I think Barnes is starting opposite Hall next year and Tryon is the nickel back. Possible though Smoot stays one more year and Tryon is the dime back.

Either way Barnes and Hall starting next year
Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #99
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
It's probably hard to imagine right now what with him basically being inactive every week...but I think Barnes is starting opposite Hall next year and Tryon is the nickel back. Possible though Smoot stays one more year and Tryon is the dime back.

Well, yea just like you said, it's hard to imagine it due to inactive status.. But this is something I would like to see, along with good outcomes..
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #100
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:

how can you say that with Barnes not even getting into games this deep into the season.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #101
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
how can you say that with Barnes not even getting into games this deep into the season.
Coaches might be waiting until if and when we are mathematically eliminated.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #102
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Here is an excellent article from CSN about Carlos' benching, and his future.
Contract Complicates Rogers' Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gray in article
“Sometimes as a corner you can lose confidence,” said Gray. “I’ve watched enough film to know that they’re going to pick on guys, and if I’d left him out there, they were going to pick on him the rest of the game. I’ve got to be smart enough as a coach to say that I’m going to protect my guy.”
There is more in this article, but I think this is a good example of a good coach.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote