Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Relationships Thread

Parking Lot

Old 07-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #91
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: The Relationships Thread

I edited it since it has bad words and there may be kids trolling or something. But related to Skins' post. :P

Let's fuck until we fall in love! - All the things | Meme Generator

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #92
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I at the first N, in the Dennis system.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #93
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Good news for the chicks slacking on the housework:

Stress makes men appreciate larger women | Fox News
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #94
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Well here I am back in this thread. Just got dumped after a year and a half. I'm not taking it too well. (And I'm coming to men for solace :P) I had been dating a chick for the past year and a half. Long distance because I'm finishing up grad school. I'm done in the spring, just got 2 classes left, but they're specialized so transferring isn't an option.

But she just got a job doing volunteer coordinating for a non-profit last month. It's really been taking a toll on her energy wise and basically she has zero left in the tank for the relationship. She says she fell out of love a month ago, although I don't totally believe that, I was just there last week and she wined and dined me and gave me my birthday gift which was a bit expensive. Then all of a sudden, I'm not in love with you. Wtf? Note she had NEVER mentioned any of this before. She mentioned the distance was hard and she was lonely and missed me a lot, but it had been like that the entire relationship.

When I ask her what's her logic behind leaving she says, "I need to go so I can be better for you if we're supposed to be together in the future." Like a bleeding heart female I told her my plan was to continue to love and support her, with some additional space in between us. I don't expect the same from her, but I was hoping that this would at least stick in the back of her head that I'm still here and in love. So basically, I wasn't going to change anything on my half. To this she responds that I'm a really good girl and you never know what can happen down the line. Dafuq? That was the vaguest non-committal response she could've given me.

Prior to all this, on Saturday, she had originally told me she loved me an had no intentions of leaving me. That all changed yesterday.

So... I'm not really sure what to do. I really love this chick and I'm not ready to take a wishy-washy no for an answer.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #95
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Sorry your having to deal with all that DRave.....definitely not fun.
It's just my opinion.....but when things don't add up..Your not getting the truth. All things are Great today....Gone tomorrow? I don't think so....
Not getting the whole truth.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #96
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Ditto. Hope you pull through your problems Rave.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #97
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

If you love her fight for her.
Personally though i have that "Everything happens for a reason feeling" when im reading your story. I feel like there is someone better out there for you who will give you unconditional love and not wishy washy love. You deserve unconditional love if that is what your willing to give.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #98
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
If you love her fight for her.
Personally though i have that "Everything happens for a reason feeling" when im reading your story. I feel like there is someone better out there for you who will give you unconditional love and not wishy washy love. You deserve unconditional love if that is what your willing to give.
Thanks punch. I'm definitely not going down without a fight. But I understand where you're coming from. If it doesn't work out I'll probably hang it up for awhile and take a break from the dating scene. Let mr. or ms right come find me.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #99
firstdown
Living Legend

I hate to say this but it sounds like she has found someone new and does not want to tell you. Did you ask if there was someone new in her life? Not sure what people mean about not going down without a fight. If you have to fight to keep her then it just putting off the inevitable. I know its not easy but your young and life has more to offer so allow a week to be a little depressed then move on. It also sounds like you have jumped from one relationship (your post to start the thread) right into this relationship. You need to take time for yourself and realize you don't need a GF to make you whole (not sure if thats the case). When you do it makes dating allot easier. I think people make life more complicated then it needs to be.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #100
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I hate to say this but it sounds like she has found someone new and does not want to tell you. Did you ask if there was someone new in her life? Not sure what people mean about not going down without a fight. If you have to fight to keep her then it just putting off the inevitable. I know its not easy but your young and life has more to offer so allow a week to be a little depressed then move on. It also sounds like you have jumped from one relationship (your post to start the thread) right into this relationship. You need to take time for yourself and realize you don't need a GF to make you whole (not sure if thats the case). When you do it makes dating allot easier. I think people make life more complicated then it needs to be.
I have to agree. Time to move on. I don't understand the fight think either. You can't make someone want you.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #101
Monkeydad
Living Legend

FD is right.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #102
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
When I made the first post, I was already involved with this current one. I was questioning whether or not I should be friends with my ex. We put shit to bed and now we're friendly.

Also she's not seeing anyone else. In fact, I think she's too distraught right now.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #103
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Thanks punch. I'm definitely not going down without a fight. But I understand where you're coming from. If it doesn't work out I'll probably hang it up for awhile and take a break from the dating scene. Let mr. or ms right come find me.
I was obsessed for years with finding Mrs Right. Could'nt even find Mrs Close To Right. Lol. One day she found me. .
Reaching just pushes it further away. Strange how love works.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #104
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
When I made the first post, I was already involved with this current one. I was questioning whether or not I should be friends with my ex. We put shit to bed and now we're friendly.

Also she's not seeing anyone else. In fact, I think she's too distraught right now.
What you need is a good Redskins ass kicking of the Eagles to make your week a little brighter.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #105
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
What you need is a good Redskins ass kicking of the Eagles to make your week a little brighter.
YES. This always helps. lol