Eric Bieniemy

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2023, 08:32 PM   #91
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Eric Bieniemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Bears can have EB, I’ll take the compensatory 3rd rounder we’ll get when it happens.
That is a point to consider. Don't fire him at the end of the season even if you don't want him as HC give him permission to interview for HC here and elsewhere.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2023, 07:28 AM   #92
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here (since I'm on the fire everyone and rebuild camp):

How would people feel if the new GM decides to hire EB as the HC, knowing that this would mean that Sam would continue to be QB1?

Again, not saying EB should be the new HC or advocating for it. I'm just curious what people would think of that scenario, given that there are strong opinions about sticking with Howell.
If it is that scenario I am fine with it. I don’t want to see keep EB OC then hire a GM and a head coach and I don’t want to see hire EB as HC then a GM
Old 12-16-2023, 11:31 AM   #93
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Because while EB instilled that discipline and that standard, notice Reid still called the plays?

It’s not like he brings nothing to the table but his former head coach never felt comfortable turning over those reigns. That says something too.

I think EB is a hardass but not that bright. We’re not talking McVay or Shanahan’s strategic thinking here.
I like this logic - EB might harp on paying attention to detail but that doesn't mean he's playing chess as a playcaller - using the run to setup playaction or running 5 different plays out of the same look. He's definitely not an elite playcaller.
Old 12-16-2023, 04:23 PM   #94
Meks
Pro Bowl

Let em go with the rest of them
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 08:11 PM   #95
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I like this logic - EB might harp on paying attention to detail but that doesn't mean he's playing chess as a playcaller - using the run to setup playaction or running 5 different plays out of the same look. He's definitely not an elite playcaller.
How can he not be an elite play caller when he designed KC's offense to top 5 success for 5 plus years ? I think the problem he has in Washington is the players being crybabies and EB being in his first year in WASHINGTON.
Old 12-16-2023, 08:25 PM   #96
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10;1354391[B
]Because while EB instilled that discipline and that standard, notice Reid still called the plays?[/B]

It’s not like he brings nothing to the table but his former head coach never felt comfortable turning over those reigns. That says something too.

I think EB is a hardass but not that bright. We’re not talking McVay or Shanahan’s strategic thinking here.
Not according to Andy Reid .
Old 12-16-2023, 11:26 PM   #97
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
How can he not be an elite play caller when he designed KC's offense to top 5 success for 5 plus years ? I think the problem he has in Washington is the players being crybabies and EB being in his first year in WASHINGTON.
In 1999 Andy Reid took an interview with Philly and he brought a massive book that detailed exactly how he'd run every facet of the operation.

Everywhere he's been a head coach he's ran quality offenses with quarterbacks from McNabb to Alex Smith to Mahomes. Long before Bieniemy ever got an interview for a HC job.

And yet you want me to believe Bieniemy was the real brains behind the operation?
Old 12-17-2023, 01:11 AM   #98
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Matt Nagy and Doug Peterson built that offense for Andy Reid.
Nagy was hired by the bears and EB took over as OC.
EB inherited Mahomes and that offense.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:47 AM   #99
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
In 1999 Andy Reid took an interview with Philly and he brought a massive book that detailed exactly how he'd run every facet of the operation.

Everywhere he's been a head coach he's ran quality offenses with quarterbacks from McNabb to Alex Smith to Mahomes. Long before Bieniemy ever got an interview for a HC job.

And yet you want me to believe Bieniemy was the real brains behind the operation?

EB was the OC that worked with that offense......whether he used Reid's plays or drew up his own plays EB deserves some credit.....despite EB not getting a head coaching job even Reid himself praised EB.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:52 AM   #100
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Matt Nagy and Doug Peterson built that offense for Andy Reid.
Nagy was hired by the bears and EB took over as OC.
EB inherited Mahomes and that offense.

Despite all of that none of us can grade how bad or how good EB truly is as a OC can't truly be determined until the OL is fixed and the offense truly develops continuity.
Old 12-17-2023, 11:14 AM   #101
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
EB was the OC that worked with that offense......whether he used Reid's plays or drew up his own plays EB deserves some credit.....despite EB not getting a head coaching job even Reid himself praised EB.
I do give him credit, he is a stickler for perfection and attention to detail. I have no issues with his coaching style. I just don't think he's an elite playcaller. Good? Yes. Better than Scott Turner for sure. On Andy Reid's level? No.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:40 AM   #102
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
I do give him credit, he is a stickler for perfection and attention to detail. I have no issues with his coaching style. I just don't think he's an elite playcaller. Good? Yes. Better than Scott Turner for sure. On Andy Reid's level? No.

I respect that assessment......I think if EB called a much more balanced mix of run and pass instead of calling so many pass plays he will grow as a play caller.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:49 AM   #103
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I'd like to have seen EB as interim HC from, say, week 8. Seen what he can do. Then we'd have a better picture now. All we've learned this season and especially since JDR was sacked, is that RR is not a capable HC (or GM) in the modern NFL. To me this season has been a waste and could at least have avoided being a total waste.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 10:36 AM   #104
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I'd like to have seen EB as interim HC from, say, week 8. Seen what he can do. Then we'd have a better picture now. All we've learned this season and especially since JDR was sacked, is that RR is not a capable HC (or GM) in the modern NFL. To me this season has been a waste and could at least have avoided being a total waste.
The whole point of this season for Harris was to assess the team and determine if Ron and the current coaching staff were worth keeping (they are not). To us as fans it may have been a "waste" but not for ownership.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 12:02 PM   #105
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I know that us wishing for the HC to be fired midseason is ironically such a Dan Snyder move, but I can't understand why this situation didn't warrant it. This isn't Dan Snyder getting impulsive and firing a guy in year two. This was watching Ron Rivera do Ron Rivera stuff. His squad this year is downright garbage and it is shocking because usually a veteran HC isn't embarrassingly bad like this. I will still never understand what anyone thought they were getting when RR was hired here. I remember people talking about superbowls, running the tables, etc, just like we do every time a new HC is hired. To me it seemed obvious that he would be just a guy who wasn't horrible but wasn't going to be good, if that makes any sense. But this year he has been abysmally bad. And once it was common knowledge that Snyder was selling, I figured everyone felt like he wouldn't be here with new ownership.

He probably truthfully should have been fired after the Thanksgiving massacre against Dallas.

Because of keeping RR until the season's end, we will now never know if EB could even be a capable HC because he will be gone now.