Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2023, 01:38 AM   #91
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

This offseason, I (also) think it's time for Ron. Too hard to manage with the timing of the ownership change, and I was still a bit on the fence, but unless we're 10+ wins at the end, there's not much in the PRO column for keeping him in place.

I do feel like coming into the season with this OL (and letting it get worse each year) while also not finding anyone at LB in years is a bit damning on the personnel side, and that's put the team in a bad position before even getting to the X's and O's.

Also, EB has to run it a bit more. A long week SHOULD help with the game-planning. I just don't want to watch another game where it seems like the coaches/scheme/play-calling is getting in the player's way.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2023, 09:33 AM   #92
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I watched all last week's defensive snaps on the All 22, trying to take a grasp of this "Chase Young is freelancing" thing... And it turned into a "OMG Cody Barton sucks even more than I thought" session:

Barton:

Ends up in Sweat's gap, nice job on the pursuit but that long run is on him

Ok, he bites on the PA, that happens, but this play displays his evident lack of speed IMO, he gains absolutely zero ground on Field

Bad gap integrity, he should be on the right shoulder of the center, he has the A gap, and then 50 freakin yards to make the effin tackle

Not Barton, but another example of bad gap integrity, Jamin is slow to react, he has the right A gap on a run to the right (for the D), and Forrest is slow on his contain too

Now on to Chase, he actually makes a lot of plays where he displays way better discipline and sticks to his assignment better than some of his teammates:

Here he doesn't get greedy inside, sticks to his edge contain

Shows good patience after his stunt, makes the tackle for no gain

Plays the RPO very well, takes the RB away without over committing, forces a quick throw

Tips the ball

This was the one example I found of Chase obviously losing his assignment:

The over celebration on his first game back was worrying me a bit, but he does seem to have been humbled down, he's making some plays and will keep making some.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:33 PM   #93
GridIron26
Playmaker

Probably should have kept Holcomb instead..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 03:06 PM   #94
MTK
\m/

Why isn’t Hudson getting some looks? Barton is a total liability out there
Old 10-13-2023, 06:41 PM   #95
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Galdi and Mark Bullock were speculating that it's probably because Barton has the green dot and calls plays... part of the reason why Jamin is playing better is that he's thinking less and playing more instinctively, so they wouldn't want to put the green dot back on him...
Another example of great recruiting and awesome management... we end up with our worth player on defense being on the field for every single snap...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2023, 06:43 PM   #96
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Same guy who admitted he should have started Sam over wentz is calling the shots …. It’s Rons world we are just living in it…
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:23 PM   #97
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Watching back, on the second play, Fields run, both James Smith William and St Juste lose the edge. JDR definitely doesn't have his guys playing sound football...
Old 10-13-2023, 08:29 PM   #98
Meks
Pro Bowl

Love the recap for Young. Not many of us are saying he is playing "poorly" and this is one game.. the notion of him being greedy or undisciplined is more of a high level overview and shared by many not just us armchair qb's..

I don't think he "sucks" ... is already a "bust" ... I do however think he hasn't lived up to #2 overall (yet hopefully), he doesn't have the best coaches and schemes, hasn't played in the level of a top 15 DE in the league since his rookie year, has an ego that needs to chill and just needs to develop a more diverse playing style to be successful.

The reason I keep using the acronym JAG is because until he starts causing havoc on a consistent basis there are 30 other guys that can do what he is currently doing... and that's just my opinion of the reality I'm seeing on GameDays. His rookie year, he didn't fit that criteria. He's battled injuries so there is leeway, but it's a week to week, what have you done for me lately league. He isn't quite cutting it for me. I hope he continues to get better and get back to being what we saw (only) glimpses of his rookie year. And yes, the ppl we could have drafted instead of him live in the back of my mind during all of this.

I hope the best for him but I see his ceiling, as of now, as lower than 99% of ppl expected. That is all. I didn't want him at #2 but embraced him - hell I even have a redskins #99 young jersey.

This defense is shittily coached, they're playing shitty, he is a part of that as well. Let's hope for better all around
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 12:41 AM   #99
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

https://x.com/calqul8ted/status/1712...PjVVwlav8ILf0Q

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 09:00 AM   #100
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Love the recap for Young. Not many of us are saying he is playing "poorly" and this is one game.. the notion of him being greedy or undisciplined is more of a high level overview and shared by many not just us armchair qb's..

I don't think he "sucks" ... is already a "bust" ... I do however think he hasn't lived up to #2 overall (yet hopefully), he doesn't have the best coaches and schemes, hasn't played in the level of a top 15 DE in the league since his rookie year, has an ego that needs to chill and just needs to develop a more diverse playing style to be successful.

The reason I keep using the acronym JAG is because until he starts causing havoc on a consistent basis there are 30 other guys that can do what he is currently doing... and that's just my opinion of the reality I'm seeing on GameDays. His rookie year, he didn't fit that criteria. He's battled injuries so there is leeway, but it's a week to week, what have you done for me lately league. He isn't quite cutting it for me. I hope he continues to get better and get back to being what we saw (only) glimpses of his rookie year. And yes, the ppl we could have drafted instead of him live in the back of my mind during all of this.

I hope the best for him but I see his ceiling, as of now, as lower than 99% of ppl expected. That is all. I didn't want him at #2 but embraced him - hell I even have a redskins #99 young jersey.

This defense is shittily coached, they're playing shitty, he is a part of that as well. Let's hope for better all around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post

I think your overall point makes is a sensible one and can be argued. I just think the undisciplined part is outdated. Was true up until the injury, doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Old 10-14-2023, 10:58 AM   #101
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I think your overall point makes is a sensible one and can be argued. I just think the undisciplined part is outdated. Was true up until the injury, doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Very possible. I just go by the eye test, hence why that breakdown was much appreciated! Lol

I want nothing but the best for this team and its players. I'm just growing impatient with chase I guess 🤷
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 10:43 PM   #102
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I think we are going to see more of the same, a lot of passing, a lot of sacks and a lot of sloppy defense. Falcons are an average team w/ some weaknesses, just like us. Toss up game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 11:48 PM   #103
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think we are going to see more of the same, a lot of passing, a lot of sacks and a lot of sloppy defense. Falcons are an average team w/ some weaknesses, just like us. Toss up game.
I could see it going either way also. I do like Howell over Ridder. Smith over Rivera and they are at home. If I had to choose, would probably take Atlanta but who knows really.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 12:04 PM   #104
nonniey
The Starter

Is Leno a healthy scratch?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 12:31 PM   #105
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Is Leno a healthy scratch?
His baby girl passed away, RIP.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote