Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cowboys Pregame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-06-2023, 10:15 AM   #91
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Cowboys Pregame thread

One thing I know, while beating the cowboys would be satisfying…let’s get that higher draft pick. If Howell could deliver 3-4 scorning drives, that would be yuge

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-06-2023, 10:53 AM   #92
GridIron26
Playmaker

I don't really care about the outcome of this game. The only thing I will be looking at in this game is Howell's progress.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:45 AM   #93
PorkSkins
Playmaker

The Cowboys are gonna throw everything at Howell, including the kitchen sink.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:02 PM   #94
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m excited Paul is gonna get some action. Need to see what he has and I’ve heard they are high on him
He’s supposed to be a mauler with a nasty attitude, I hope he proves it and kicks some cowboy ass.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2022/4...ay-3-prospects

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:28 PM   #95
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I’m excited Paul is gonna get some action. Need to see what he has and I’ve heard they are high on him
I have heard that too...begs the question why he has received zero reps to this point though, especially with how our two guards have played this year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:36 PM   #96
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Really hope the Giants beat the Eagles and we somehow beat the Cowboys. Knock the Cowboys out of the 1 seed.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:41 PM   #97
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I have heard that too...begs the question why he has received zero reps to this point though, especially with how our two guards have played this year.
consider the coaches lol
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:51 PM   #98
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2022/4...ay-3-prospects

Weaknesses

Not a Saffold. Not a people mover who will road grade. Does not generate movement on combo blocks. Not a drive blocker.

Average lateral range. Below average ability in confined spaces to turns his body and redirect. Average speed getting out on a screen pass. Average flexibility and overall agility. Not a great 2nd level blocker, but hard to tell because from the T spot he didn't do much of that.

Below average lateral recovery. If he gets in trouble, he typically is beaten, he's not going to save it. Won't have many clean sheet seasons, he'll likely give up some sacks in the NFL.

Repeatedly smoked by inside moves, both in pass protection and on run blocks. Once he sets his post foot, he struggles to move that foot laterally to react and recover against a quick inside move.

Relies on grabbing the jersey of defender to maintain control, which could become source of holding penalties if more skilled or athletic NFL defenders can pull away from him.

Can get knocked off balance by superior power.

Doesn't handle twists well, struggles to react and recover in time to pick up the 2nd defender. Made a mental mistake on a run play and allowed free penetration.

Can't handle edge speed and doesn't have enough lateral quickness to stay outside at OT in the NFL as a starter. Projects as a G who will only play OT in a backup role. Paul said he sees himself as a LG/RT and since he's been playing RT, if a team moved him back to LG, there would likely be a period of adjustment as he goes back to being on the left side of the line compared to the right and playing on the interior and not on the edge.

I have concerns about whether he's addicted to football. He loves music. In an interview, he said that he's motivated by "creativity". He has an artistic, intellectual and mild mannered personality that some coaches might consider to be "too soft" for an NFL lineman. Not a glass eater. Not one of those players who eats, drinks and sleeps football. Does he love the game or is it more of a hobby for him?

Not a prototypical zone blocking scheme OL, because he doesn't have great quickness and range, but despite his size he's not a power scheme guard either, because he lacks aggression and play strength.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #99
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Because Ron is more loyal to ex Panthers who perform like shit at both guard spots

He Gets Us
Old 01-06-2023, 01:57 PM   #100
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Because Ron is more loyal to ex Panthers who perform like shit at both guard spots
... or the actual reason. Hes a 7th round rookie G and injuries didnt hit hard enough to Norwell/Turner/Schweitzer/Cosmi to require activating him.

Coaches like him but lets not let our Ron hatred color every opinion we have now.

Blaming Ron for not starting a 7th round rookie in a playoff chase?

The Ron hate is irrational on here
Old 01-06-2023, 02:09 PM   #101
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
... or the actual reason. Hes a 7th round rookie G and injuries didnt hit hard enough to Norwell/Turner/Schweitzer/Cosmi to require activating him.

Coaches like him but lets not let our Ron hatred color every opinion we have now.

Also, Ereck Flowers is still sitting at home as a free agent. So it is not like we let go someone who was scooped up right away.

I still think one of the reasons our o-line is terrible is because the two QBs we've started this year suck big time.

Yes, we still need to improve our o-line, but better QB play and more commitment to the running game will help a lot.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 02:17 PM   #102
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Also, Ereck Flowers is still sitting at home as a free agent. So it is not like we let go someone who was scooped up right away.

I still think one of the reasons our o-line is terrible is because the two QBs we've started this year suck big time.

Yes, we still need to improve our o-line, but better QB play and more commitment to the running game will help a lot.
Morgan Moses has done pretty well for the Ravens, probably should have kept him. Its also our first year without Sherif, the line was due to drop in production.
Old 01-06-2023, 02:36 PM   #103
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

The problem is not Chris Paul…it’s Ron’s failure to plug holes with ex Panthers who are terrible. Norwell and Turner have been bad. Our Tackle play has been good enough but the interior has been poor.

He Gets Us
Old 01-06-2023, 02:42 PM   #104
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Plenty of legit reasons to pile on RR right now but yeah, blasting him for not playing a 7th rd rookie is silly
Old 01-06-2023, 02:57 PM   #105
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Morgan Moses has done pretty well for the Ravens, probably should have kept him. Its also our first year without Sherif, the line was due to drop in production.
I think with Morgan was more of a mutual separation. But I'm glad to see him do well.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote