Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-09-2023, 10:26 AM   #91
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We are also so QB starved that when we see a rookie beat Dallas with no oline, a fourth and third string RB, and Scott fucking Turner calling the plays we immediately think there is no way he can be the guy. We can either be optimistic and believe we finally have a capable quarterback or we can be pessimistic and believe that he will never pan out in the long run. Yes it is an extremely small sample size but based on what I saw I will remain optimistic until I have a reason not to be. Like HTTR said the plan should be get this guy an oline and an OC and work with it at this point. Of course if we stumble upon something better we take it but as of today quarterback 1 is a little less of an issue than it was 24 hours ago.
i say SH is piece at this point to the QB puzzle. meaning i wouldn't throw him out nor would i say we solved the puzzle.

I really like to see us get a QB in this deep draft.

Its just so obvious in this league you need a QB and then start building around him

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2023, 10:28 AM   #92
metalskins
The Starter

Sam Howell looked fine to me yesterday. I think you develop your own, get a better OC, and rebuild that offensive line. Howell has weapons around him. No need to go out and get anymore retreads.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:30 AM   #93
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
i say SH is piece at this point to the QB puzzle. meaning i wouldn't throw him out nor would i say we solved the puzzle.

Its just so obvious in this league you need a QB and then start building around him
I like the way you said that. Whether Howell is a starter or back up remains to be seen but he should get an opportunity to vie for the starter position in the offseason.

We have been down this road before on this board as I recall when Taylor played well against Tampa in the playoffs.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:32 AM   #94
SunnySide
Playmaker

Nice to see the boys end the season on a bitter sweet win.

Dallas looked broken and not ready to play. Despite playing their starters, dem boys checked out of the regular season last week.

Howell - had 2 nice outside-the-numbers down field connections to Dotson, ball thrown with anticipation and accuracy.

Hes the backup for next year ... and will probably play more snaps than the named week 1 starter next year (who ever that is)

--------------------

8-8-1 .... just about the worst finish we could have hoped for pre season.

------------------

Go find yourself a QB1 at all costs
Old 01-09-2023, 10:47 AM   #95
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
It was one game, he looked good but some of you guys my god did a girl look at you in high school in passing and you daydreamed the rest of the day about your wedding day with her.

QB is still very much a red alert area of need for this franchise.
Disagree. My eyes tell me otherwise, he was handcuffed by Turner. With over 9 minutes left in the game all they did was run, if Turner would have let him play he would have shown more. What didn't you see that you liked? On his TD run he evaded 3 or 4 Dallas defensemen, threw beautiful passes and made one mistake. It would be a waste of caps space money to get a FA. Sign TH for $10/mil a year, if not possible find a Brissett type FA.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:49 AM   #96
SunnySide
Playmaker

Celebrate that fucking Win .. fuck the boys
Old 01-09-2023, 10:55 AM   #97
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Was it just me or did Zeke Elliot look like a lazy pos yesterday?

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 11:01 AM   #98
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

That is different than reaching early or paying a Carr. I have no problem with selecting a quarterback at some point if there is a guy we like. T Rich is probably the only guy that falls to 16 as far as first rounders go. If we select him and let the two guys battle it out in camp it isn’t the worst thing in the world BUT it is going to be really hard to rebuild the line if we do that. My guy says grab oline in the first and run with Howell. Taylor wants to stay on for backup money cool. Should not be hard to find a backup in free agency if not. My gut tells me Sam is the guy and I hope we don’t “throw him out” or let him rot on the bench before he goes on to better things else where and we once again had the guy until we didn’t.

I just keep thinking imagine what we saw yesterday but with a better team around him? He isn’t going to lose his arm strength or his mobility. He has all that and it’s invaluable. It is what we wanted all year - Carson couldn’t move. Taylor had a noodle arm. Sam has a gun and wheels. Build around it. Of all the chances we have taken with different quarterbacks and all the things we have given up to do so …. Take a chance by dedicating all our resources to building around this guy. It won’t cost anything to do so.

Idk im done. I’ve casted my vote. Lol. Im going all in with Sam. Now go get him a line and an OC to make it work! We certainly have the weapons in place already.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #99
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Was it just me or did Zeke Elliot look like a lazy pos yesterday?
Slow fat and lazy.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 11:08 AM   #100
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Slow fat and lazy.
And ugly as fuck.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 11:11 AM   #101
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Nice to see the boys end the season on a bitter sweet win.

Dallas looked broken and not ready to play. Despite playing their starters, dem boys checked out of the regular season last week.

Howell - had 2 nice outside-the-numbers down field connections to Dotson, ball thrown with anticipation and accuracy.

Hes the backup for next year ... and will probably play more snaps than the named week 1 starter next year (who ever that is)

--------------------

8-8-1 .... just about the worst finish we could have hoped for pre season.

------------------

Go find yourself a QB1 at all costs

So who is starting? Is there a FA you want? Who are we trading up for and what are we giving up?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 11:14 AM   #102
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Good read: https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/1/9/2...s-in-his-debut

I tend to agree that the coaches failed in the evaluation of giving him game reps to see his progression from earlier in the season, but looking at games and scores it is hard to see where the staff would've felt comfortable putting him in tio get those based on how close the scores were, maybe in the Texans game?
Old 01-09-2023, 11:15 AM   #103
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Disagree. My eyes tell me otherwise, he was handcuffed by Turner. With over 9 minutes left in the game all they did was run, if Turner would have let him play he would have shown more. What didn't you see that you liked? On his TD run he evaded 3 or 4 Dallas defensemen, threw beautiful passes and made one mistake. It would be a waste of caps space money to get a FA. Sign TH for $10/mil a year, if not possible find a Brissett type FA.
Again nothing i saw was bad, just saying its one game and don't go in the off season thinking you solved the biggest puzzle. For example the year we passed on Herbert/Tau because we were all set with Haskins ( i realize no one here thought Haskin was the answer but the bone heads at Redskins Park sure did).
Old 01-09-2023, 11:17 AM   #104
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Sam Howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
Sure, let’s draft a QB in a reasonable spot, — let’s always draft a QB. But let’s focus on OL, LB, TE, and most of all let’s pray for a new owner, new GM, and new coaching staff. That’s what’s standing in the way of success, not so much the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you 100%.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:18 AM   #105
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Good read: https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/1/9/2...s-in-his-debut

I tend to agree that the coaches failed in the evaluation of giving him game reps to see his progression from earlier in the season, but looking at games and scores it is hard to see where the staff would've felt comfortable putting him in tio get those based on how close the scores were, maybe in the Texans game?
Food for thought. Was letting him sit and better understand the position not part of his development? It's not like they kept him in the broom closet.

Look at Rogers career look at Brady's career both sat and learned too start.