Rumors circulating about Jeff Bezos buying the team

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #91
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Rumors circulating about Jeff Bezos buying the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Let's not overreact. Anything is possible. Hopefully Dan sells the team peacefully instead of the NFL owners forcing his hand.

That entire article had no source or anything, it just said Dan has prevented Bezos from bidding. We shall see.
I can’t find one other article supporting that notion

We all Dan isn’t going to go quietly

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2023, 09:13 PM   #92
Schneed10
A Dude

You guys know how you can’t believe anything you hear in the weeks before the draft? Well take that and multiply it by 100 for this. They’re all in a high stakes game of poker, Snyder needs people to think he won’t sell if his price isn’t met; he’s trying to extract the best offer.

If Dan wants a bigger offer from Harris or whoever, he needs them to believe Bezos is out and won’t just swoop in and steal it.

So don’t look at information you hear as true or false, look at it as something someone purposely wanted you, or others, to know. If something comes from the Post and it’s about Bezos, then that’s something Bezos wanted to become public.

Information coming from the NY Post has long felt to me like it’s been leaked by the Snyder camp.

The one piece that makes me come close to believing that Snyder won’t sell to Bezos is The Athletic piece where Standig is the one writing about what a source told him. But it’s still quite likely an intentional leak.

The fact that this inconsistent messaging is coming out from all corners of the media is only proof to me that the sale process is getting close to the end. There’s a lot of money in the pot and everyone is forming their final posture, starting to bluff, and going for misdirection before showing their cards.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:53 PM   #93
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
You guys know how you can’t believe anything you hear in the weeks before the draft? Well take that and multiply it by 100 for this. They’re all in a high stakes game of poker, Snyder needs people to think he won’t sell if his price isn’t met; he’s trying to extract the best offer.

If Dan wants a bigger offer from Harris or whoever, he needs them to believe Bezos is out and won’t just swoop in and steal it.

So don’t look at information you hear as true or false, look at it as something someone purposely wanted you, or others, to know. If something comes from the Post and it’s about Bezos, then that’s something Bezos wanted to become public.

Information coming from the NY Post has long felt to me like it’s been leaked by the Snyder camp.

The one piece that makes me come close to believing that Snyder won’t sell to Bezos is The Athletic piece where Standig is the one writing about what a source told him. But it’s still quite likely an intentional leak.

The fact that this inconsistent messaging is coming out from all corners of the media is only proof to me that the sale process is getting close to the end. There’s a lot of money in the pot and everyone is forming their final posture, starting to bluff, and going for misdirection before showing their cards.
100% agree. There is a lot of bluffing, and smoke and mirrors. That's how Snyder has always worked, and he's doing it here too. I agree that the stakes involved make it inevitable, but Snyder has long been a pro at this part of the business world. I think the forces that are pushing hard for Snyder to sell make his hand seem very weak to potential buyers, and his only recourse to get the final price he wants is to say he will walk away from the deal or from Bezos. I don't believe it, and I doubt the bidders do either. Sadly, I do believe Dan is petty enough to make the threat credible.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 10:16 PM   #94
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Our big quote is "He's an ass and he may not want to give it up" ?

Lol. If Bezos offers 500 milion more than everybody else and an all-cash deal Snyder might rethink his position.

Just feel like there's a lot of people freaking out here that option A might be out of the race before he even gets in.
LOL, that was just one qoute I extracted. Not freaking out, just posting news I ran across and thinking out loud about how petty this little man must be...I don't believe he was ever a fan of this team. Not with how the last 20+ years has gone.

Anyway, there's plenty of reporting on this. Smoke & mirrors? Maybe...

Amazon’s Jeff Bezos denied chance to bid on Commanders: Source - The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/4251752/2023...mmanders-sale/

Jeff Bezos benched from Washington Commanders sale as bids come up short: sources

https://nypost.com/2023/02/24/jeff-b...short-sources/

Dan Snyder's Commanders reportedly ban Jeff Bezos from bidding on team

https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-snyders...235019047.html

Reports intensify that Jeff Bezos has been blocked from buying Commanders - ProFootballTalk

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-commanders/

Jeff Bezos Not Allowed to Place Bid on Commanders, per Reports | Sports Illustrated

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/26/am...bid-dan-snyder

Report: Bezos denied opportunity to bid on Commanders | theScore.com
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2584443

New developments emerge in potential sale of Commanders | Yardbarker

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_38511876

Last edited by Chief X_Phackter; 02-26-2023 at 12:40 AM.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 04:58 AM   #95
That Guy
Living Legend

it's possible that's all circular though, one person said one thing about the Bezos ban (unnamed source) and everyone else is basically aggregating it until it becomes its own echo-chamber.

also possible it's true.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 07:42 AM   #96
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 07:44 AM   #97
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 07:49 AM   #98
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Commanders’ sale playing out ‘how many feared’ it would

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/command...105749210.html

Snyder’s beef with Bezos exists because Bezos owns The Washington Post. Snyder blames the Washington Post for many of his troubles. In actuality, the Washington Post, behind excellent reporting, exposed the toxic workplace that existed under Snyder’s watch for two decades.

Shortly after the New York Post’s report Saturday, Ben Standig of The Athletic confirmed that Snyder is barred from bidding on the Commanders. But, in Standig’s report, he said the potential sale had been “ramped up.”

What does that mean? Does it mean Snyder could sell to Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils owner Josh Harris for less than the $6 billion he reportedly wants?

It’s Dan Snyder, so that remains a mystery.

Here’s another quote from Standig’s story that Washington fans know all too well:

“This is playing out exactly how many feared,” said one sports lawyer of the scenario that Snyder would create an unrealistic price threshold, keep out the wealthiest bidder, and not sell the team.

Could Snyder say his price tag wasn’t met after freezing out the highest potential bidder and keep the Commanders?
Old 02-26-2023, 09:52 AM   #99
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Chief, yeah it's everywhere now - even on the front page of MSN.

Idk though, until we get concrete proof that Dan is digging in and refusing to sell the team because he doesn't like any of the bids I'm not sweating it.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:36 AM   #100
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I don't think Dan is capable of making a proactive move in any sense. Everything he does is reactionary. If he decides to dig in it is because he heard it on the news that is what he is doing. If the narrative was the bids were the most ever for a North American team he would have sold so he could be number 1 in something. The dude is incapable of making a thought.

I am being flippant for the most part. But he is reactive not proactive. He would make a lousy chess player.
Old 02-26-2023, 06:49 PM   #101
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Chief, yeah it's everywhere now - even on the front page of MSN.

Idk though, until we get concrete proof that Dan is digging in and refusing to sell the team because he doesn't like any of the bids I'm not sweating it.
It just feels like something he would actually do. Money usually wins in the end, but we'll see. Snyder's a little different...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:55 AM   #102
rocnrik
Playmaker

Without the league forcing it Snyder will not sell …it’s gonna get interesting
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:10 AM   #103
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

@byajperez
EXCLUSIVE: Amazon founder Jeff Bezos isn't out of the running for Washington Commanders, sources tell
@FOS
. But there is growing concern among NFL owners that Dan Snyder could choose to keep the team. Lots more ⤵️
Old 02-27-2023, 09:12 AM   #104
MTK
\m/

Tilman Fertitta enters the fray for the Commanders
Old 02-27-2023, 09:17 AM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If Dan keeps the team 90% of the fanbase will leave