Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #91
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

Drones used to spy on US citizens on US soil.

The head of the FBI has admitted that the agency uses drones in the U.S. to spy on citizens.

FBI director Robert Mueller told congress the agency owns several drones but has not yet formed policies or guidelines on their use.

Confirmation that the U.S. is using the surveillance equipment to monitor its own citizens comes after the NSA phone tracking scandal rocked trust in the government.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #92
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post

The head of the FBI has admitted that the agency uses drones in the U.S. to spy on citizens.

FBI director Robert Mueller told congress the agency owns several drones but has not yet formed policies or guidelines on their use.

Confirmation that the U.S. is using the surveillance equipment to monitor its own citizens comes after the NSA phone tracking scandal rocked trust in the government.
Leaving aside the FBI, many local law enforcement folks use drones for surveillance. It's quite common.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #93
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

With respect, local LE have far less ways to ruin your day\week\life.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #94
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #95
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post

air surveillance should required a signed warrant. Im more pissed drones flying around my house than the nsa thing.

My initial thought is data mining call data doesnt bother me one bit, but if they are recording and listening in on calls...i thought that took a judge signed warrant? If their listening in without it, isnt that illegal????

And this weasel flying all around isnt a hero in my book but a coward who has committed a crime. I dont care if we put a bullet in his head

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #96
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
air surveillance should required a signed warrant. Im more pissed drones flying around my house than the nsa thing.

My initial thought is data mining call data doesnt bother me one bit, but if they are recording and listening in on calls...i thought that took a judge signed warrant? If their listening in without it, isnt that illegal????

And this weasel flying all around isnt a hero in my book but a coward who has committed a crime. I dont care if we put a bullet in his head
even when a warrant is "required," they have a 99.7% approval rate (or something like that, so the whole thing is buggered anyways. that's part of the problem - saying "we think he may or may not be somehow involved in something, maybe" now qualifies as actionable.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #97
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Pelosi's defense of NSA surveillance draws boos

She deserves to be booed. Deserves more than that to be honest with you. It's sad the people who have swore to uphold the Constitution are systematically destroying it. We call these type of people traitors.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #98
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-rejects...092352868.html

Sen. John Kerry tells Russia to "do the right thing" in handing over Snowden. I find it laughable and ironic such a statement could be ushered out of the mouths of the biggest hypocrites in the world. We spy on its citizens, we've murdered them without trail, we've tortured prisoners and held them indefinitely without any legal process and this asshole has the nerve to tell another country to "do the right thing". I imagine the rest of the world should be giving us the middle finger, and rightfully so. We deserve it.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #99
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Russia rejects US demand for Snowden's extradition

Sen. John Kerry tells Russia to "do the right thing" in handing over Snowden. I find it laughable and ironic such a statement could be ushered out of the mouths of the biggest hypocrites in the world. We spy on its citizens, we've murdered them without trail, we've tortured prisoners and held them indefinitely without any legal process and this asshole has the nerve to tell another country to "do the right thing". I imagine the rest of the world should be giving us the middle finger, and rightfully so. We deserve it.
What has the US done that is worst than what places like China, Russia, Venezuela, and even my home country of Ecuador have done in terms of individual rights? Looking at your internet history? Listening in to your cell phone conversations? I don't fully justify PRISM and I feel that the public should be concerned about it and demand answers from the government. At the same time, I don't feel like cell phones and the internet are completely secure.

I think when stories like this happen, people lose perspective. Russia and China would be asking the same thing if it was one of their people that was leaking classified information. Actually, Snowden would be dead by now if he had been a Chinese or Russian who was leaking classified information. Even if he gets captured by US authorities, nothing will happen to Snowden, except life in jail. If the US did not execute Aldrich Ames or Robert Hanssen, who did far worst things in terms of disclosing classified information.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #100
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
What has the US done that is worst than what places like China, Russia, Venezuela, and even my home country of Ecuador have done in terms of individual rights? Looking at your internet history? Listening in to your cell phone conversations? I don't fully justify PRISM and I feel that the public should be concerned about it and demand answers from the government. At the same time, I don't feel like cell phones and the internet are completely secure.I think when stories like this happen, people lose perspective. Russia and China would be asking the same thing if it was one of their people that was leaking classified information. Actually, Snowden would be dead by now if he had been a Chinese or Russian who was leaking classified information. Even if he gets captured by US authorities, nothing will happen to Snowden, except life in jail. If the US did not execute Aldrich Ames or Robert Hanssen, who did far worst things in terms of disclosing classified information.
I think this is a great point and where the loophole would be. I feel the same way more about the internet. Its not secure. I expect my telephone conversation to be more secure and my house and home to be most secure.

So in this pattern of interpersonal communication and media vs my privacy and security. I see this see this: internet < telephone < my home < me. The internet is all about freedom for everybody. Its open forum. Government has access to that the same as everyone else. I dont expect my telephone convo to be taped with out a warrent. I certainly object to the government drones spyin in my backyard with a drone.

He Gets Us
Old 06-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #101
firstdown
Living Legend

I have not read enough on this but are they actually listening to conversations or tracking where someone is communicating. If they find a person with a history of questionable places like Lybia, Iraq, Etc... then at that point they could go before a pannel to get the OK to listen in or track in more detail. Do I have this right?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #102
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I have not read enough on this but are they actually listening to conversations or tracking where someone is communicating. If they find a person with a history of questionable places like Lybia, Iraq, Etc... then at that point they could go before a pannel to get the OK to listen in or track in more detail. Do I have this right?
I dont know if its about my/your reading, but the fact the government hasnt been clear in their own explanition of whats going on.

He Gets Us
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #103
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Remember when the then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of controversy.”?

It's kinda like that. Just be assured that we're doing the right thing for the country, even though we can't show you the successes we've had. It's 50, though.

Not that we're under attack or anything, but....

**** sake!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #104
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think this is a great point and where the loophole would be. I feel the same way more about the internet. Its not secure. I expect my telephone conversation to be more secure and my house and home to be most secure.

So in this pattern of interpersonal communication and media vs my privacy and security. I see this see this: internet < telephone < my home < me. The internet is all about freedom for everybody. Its open forum. Government has access to that the same as everyone else. I dont expect my telephone convo to be taped with out a warrent. I certainly object to the government drones spyin in my backyard with a drone.
The only reason I don't see it as a great point, is because cell phones and internet could be more secure except that the government requires a backdoor in everything for it's exclusive use. personally, the TSA approved locks for luggage irritate the heck out of me only because it would be like the neighborhood cops saying they need a master key to all the houses in the neighborhood "just to be safe".
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #105
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
NSA’s Criminal Activity | Ben Swann Full Disclosure

This guy's video explains everything.