Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Along with RG3, who gets your game ball?
Garcon 11 10.09%
Morris 41 37.61%
A. Robinson 13 11.93%
Gomes 23 21.10%
C. Griffin 12 11.01%
other 9 8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #91
skinsnut
Playmaker

Re: Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

ok, im back...after thinking about the game for a while, this is what i DIDNT like.

Banks....that kid needs to hold on to the ball more, cover it in vaseline and make him carry it everywhere for a week or something

Advertisements
Old 09-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #92
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

If today was a sign of things to come, it's going to be great being a Redskins fan the next 12-15 years. Hell, if it continues like this, we should probably call up the St. Louis Rams and give them a extra 1st rounder for underpaying....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
He's a bum, plain and simple. He sucked because he sucked. Not because the Offense wasn't tailored for him. Eagles gave up on him, he sucked here and then went and sucked for the Vikings. He even sucks as a commentator.

Where is that lazy bum at anyways? Still on the beach with a trainer throwing balls in the water? What a clown.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #93
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Let's not forget Gomes and many others who contributed.

and Oline
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #94
takethecake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
ok, im back...after thinking about the game for a while, this is what i DIDNT like.

Banks....that kid needs to hold on to the ball more, cover it in vaseline and make him carry it everywhere for a week or something
Very good point. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack every time he touches the ball, and not in a good way. The same feeling I had every punt after the first got blocked...
takethecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #95
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I think the team as a whole did a outstanding job. The OL, the defense, the WRs, and especially RGIII. Not only that, but Kyle did a hell of a job play calling today. Mike had these guys prepared to play and it showed. The talent level on this team is so much better than it was 3-4 years ago. That much is certain.

My only two gripes about the game are Kyle going conservative at the end of the first half instead of pressing like he did that whole half, and the continued failure of blocks on Danny Smith's special teams.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #96
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

so is Cousins the 2 guy now?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #97
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Let's not forget Gomes and many others who contributed.
I had gomes at two and meant to move him to three than left him out by accident. Good call though
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #98
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post

He did have a nice run back negated and everytime he touches the ball i think hes going to break one. Slite issues with holding onto the bAll but i dont think its a major issue.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #99
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's telling that Spagnuolo didn't solve Kyle at halftime, which you might have predicted from watching the past two seasons. Kyle stayed one play ahead most of the game.
I sorta think Spags sucks. He had one ok defense that got in the playoffs the year they won a SB and what else have his defenses done?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #100
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
If today was a sign of things to come, it's going to be great being a Redskins fan the next 12-15 years. Hell, if it continues like this, we should probably call up the St. Louis Rams and give them a extra 1st rounder for underpaying....lol

Where is that lazy bum at anyways? Still on the beach with a trainer throwing balls in the water? What a clown.
NFL Network
Old 09-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #101
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Ok i cant sleep. Visions of rg-3 are dancing in my head!!!! Woooooo hoooooooo. Ok i feel better now. Good nite.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #102
exit0
Camp Scrub

My thoughts after watching a game that the so-called ESPN experts said that the Saints would crush the Skins.

1. Great Team effort... Skins actually looked like a really good NFL team for a change.

2. RG3 looked like he has been playing in the NFL for years. Confident and showed he can throw long, short, and both hard and touch passes.

3. Too many people here putting blame on Danny Smith... last time I looked he wasn't out there missing a block on a punt, he wasn't making illegal blocks in the back, etc. All teams have these players that make dumb plays... it's football.

4. Was great to see Skins open up in shotgun and sticking with it in the beginning. Huge success with those WR screens... why did they stop running those for the rest of the game??? If something is working great, keep running it until the other team can stop it.

5. Too many running plays for RG3... half the number would be better.

6. Need to figure out how to close out games better. Only the Skins can dominate for most of the game and still have it come down to the last play. Game should have been over much earlier.

7. Best offensive game calling than I've seen in years from the Skins... Think they really shocked the Saints by having every play work so good in the first Qtr.
exit0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #103
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit0 View Post
My thoughts after watching a game that the so-called ESPN experts said that the Saints would crush the Skins.

1. Great Team effort... Skins actually looked like a really good NFL team for a change.

2. RG3 looked like he has been playing in the NFL for years. Confident and showed he can throw long, short, and both hard and touch passes.

3. Too many people here putting blame on Danny Smith... last time I looked he wasn't out there missing a block on a punt, he wasn't making illegal blocks in the back, etc. All teams have these players that make dumb plays... it's football.

4. Was great to see Skins open up in shotgun and sticking with it in the beginning. Huge success with those WR screens... why did they stop running those for the rest of the game??? If something is working great, keep running it until the other team can stop it.

5. Too many running plays for RG3... half the number would be better.

6. Need to figure out how to close out games better. Only the Skins can dominate for most of the game and still have it come down to the last play. Game should have been over much earlier.

7. Best offensive game calling than I've seen in years from the Skins... Think they really shocked the Saints by having every play work so good in the first Qtr.
Number 6 is the only thing that bothers me. There must have been three times i felt safe only to start sweating again. I think kyle took his foot off the pedal way to early mainly our last drive with 1:30 run run run punt at end of half resulting in the blocked punt td You cant protect a 10 point lead against drew brees in the dome....ever.
Rg-3 talked about number 4 after the game. I was in a loud bar but thought he said the saints had figured it out and they started working the middle of the field than which led to more big plays. Hell you take awAy the blocked punt, the bad penalty by madieu williams and the very strange blown coverage where ( was it griffin?) that pulled back at like the ten yard line for some reason and that was a blowout. Game was so much worse than the score. Im goin to the cincy game and fully expect to be three and 0 driving back to new jersey with a big fat smile on my face.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #104
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This morning on espn they ranked the east and skins were all picked last and with about 6 wins
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #105
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This morning on espn they ranked the east and skins were all picked last and with about 6 wins
I think they meant 6 loses

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote