Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins/Vikings post game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your game ball goes to...
RG3 32 42.67%
Robert Griffin III 39 52.00%
Other 4 5.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #91
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Skins/Vikings post game thread

How long will it take us to fully comprehend how important the QB position is? I mean literally we cam basically hang all 3 wins on Bob. Our defense has essentially played 0-6 football. And only Morris has really shown anything consistent otherwise.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #92
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
How long will it take us to fully comprehend how important the QB position is? I mean literally we cam basically hang all 3 wins on Bob. Our defense has essentially played 0-6 football. And only Morris has really shown anything consistent otherwise.
Most important position in sports
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #93
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Pretty much what im saying exactly. In other words the team that has been put together is pretty much crap but shanny managed to get his hands on the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #94
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think next week is a HUGE test for this team. It will be our first divisional game and first place is up for grabs (if we win, we'll be in first place). One thing that this team has sorely lacked over the past couple of season is the ability to play big in games that matter. Not that this game didn't matter, but next week's game is even bigger. This is where I hope that RG3's leadership and momentum will carry the team into a W.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #95
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I hate the Giants with a passion and so hope he does just that!

Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #96
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Alexander needs to be starting
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #97
cdskins26
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think next week is a HUGE test for this team. It will be our first divisional game and first place is up for grabs (if we win, we'll be in first place). One thing that this team has sorely lacked over the past couple of season is the ability to play big in games that matter. Not that this game didn't matter, but next week's game is even bigger. This is where I hope that RG3's leadership and momentum will carry the team into a W.
Not sure if i would totally agree with this. Under shanahan we are 3-0 against teams that won the Super Bowl that year. We actually tend to play up to our opposition in my opinion, and then chump the easy games. If we win that game, i think we could have a legitimate shot at a wildcard.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #98
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Not sure if i would totally agree with this. Under shanahan we are 3-0 against teams that won the Super Bowl that year. We actually tend to play up to our opposition in my opinion, and then chump the easy games. If we win that game, i think we could have a legitimate shot at a wildcard.
I think when McNabb played for us we started 3-0 or something like that and we played the Iggles at Philly. The Iggles were coming from a loss and had played like crap in their previous games. Our team went and played very uninspired football. Also, I can't remember the last time we actually won either on a Sunday Night or Monday Night game. Plus, I think during that second game against the Giants last year, we were pretty much out of playoff contention. Honestly, I feel that this Vikings team is the first good team we've beaten. Yes, we beat NO, but they have continued to play very poorly up until last week. This upcoming game against the G-men could easily make or break our season. And I hope to see the team play better than they've played in similar situations.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #99
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think when McNabb played for us we started 3-0 or something like that and we played the Iggles at Philly. The Iggles were coming from a loss and had played like crap in their previous games. Our team went and played very uninspired football. Also, I can't remember the last time we actually won either on a Sunday Night or Monday Night game. Plus, I think during that second game against the Giants last year, we were pretty much out of playoff contention. Honestly, I feel that this Vikings team is the first good team we've beaten. Yes, we beat NO, but they have continued to play very poorly up until last week. This upcoming game against the G-men could easily make or break our season. And I hope to see the team play better than they've played in similar situations.
Also whens the last time the redskins had a player that can literally score from anywhere on the field?? I agree if we win next week I'd say we have a very good shot at the division.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #100
Deivybaby

Smoot any updates on haslett getting fired ????and any trades before deadline on defense or sonething. We need bmerriweather at SS
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #101
Skinzman
The Starter

After falling behind 9-0 early and being outgained 148-7, Washington responded with 24 straight points during a stretch in which it outgained Minnesota, 225-14.

NFL Game Center: Minnesota Vikings at Washington Redskins - 2012 Week 6

Thats just crazy. Even with holding them to 3 fg's early, the skins of the past would have rolled over and called it a game. Having a terrible start and then turning it around is not something im used to, but can sure get used to it quickly.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #102
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Smoot any updates on haslett getting fired ????and any trades before deadline on defense or sonething. We need bmerriweather at SS
I really don't see y haslett would get fired in season
Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #103
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Because in the past the defense would have thought "oh well our offense cant score more than 17 points so this is probably over". Lol. RG3 's ability is fuel enough to keep us from throwing in the towel. Such a breath of fresh air.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #104
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Also whens the last time the redskins had a player that can literally score from anywhere on the field?? I agree if we win next week I'd say we have a very good shot at the division.
Honestly, I feel like RG3 can do anything to get us in a position to win...but sometimes I still hold my breath thinking that Kyle is going to call some stupid play that will not work. Like today when he called that toss run that had netted us negative yards in the first quarter. But I guess those "stupid plays" may be the result of lack of execution, but still.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #105
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Because in the past the defense would have thought "oh well our offense cant score more than 17 points so this is probably over". Lol. RG3 's ability is fuel enough to keep us from throwing in the towel. Such a breath of fresh air.

With him we are in every game