Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

Parking Lot

Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #91
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Seriously though we need football back we are all on edge.
Sounds like there will be a salary/cash cap under this new CBA. If I get back to working on those numbers instead of getting up in arms about Ryan Dunn, it's just better for everybody!

Advertisements
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #92
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I came back to this thread an hour or so later and it's three more pages deep lol.

Schneed, I know you truly feel that way. I am not saying you don't. But I am saying you like to push buttons too. You knew the mainstream member's opinion would be different than yours and you would get replies.

I am kind of the same way too.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #93
hooskins

Oh yeah. Let's hope football resumes soon!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #94
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm not really looking for anybody, and I certainly don't feel any adrenaline. I simply camp out in the left lane when people are trying to speed, and I keep my speed constant at 75. I don't seek them out and swerve in front of them, it's not some big battle, it's much more of a passive thing. I simply drive 75 in the left lane and those who don't like it can shove it.

But this is getting away from the crux of the argument. I'll grant you that yes I suppose there's the remote possibility that I could anger someone, thus nominally magnifying the probability that an accident occurs. While I've never encountered such a thing, rather than tempting fate, maybe I'll rethink doing that and instead just get out of the way.

But Ryan Dunn never learned from any mistake. He didn't care, he just kept doing it. It made him a real and significant threat on the roads. Now that he's gone, it's safer for everyone.
Look not to rehash a old thread but I have listen to you for nearly 6 years and 73 hundred post and I considered you one the folks I like on here (I know quit a honor!) with that said I have decent understating of your personality. With that knowledge I find it hard to beleive if a speeder is in your rear view mirror with you going 75 in the left lane that your adrenaline is not pumping and you have now become a distracted drive. I do/did the exact same thing with folks texting and driving. Both you and me are/were trying to police the roads when in reality we were becoming dangerous drivers by doing so. Good intentions on both our parts end result though was we are distracted drivers thus making us a danger to the road.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #95
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Wow the first time I may actually join the Westboro group for a public demonstration.

Ryan Dunn Death: Westboro Baptist Church Threatens Service Protest - Entertainment & Stars
Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #96
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Look not to rehash a old thread but I have listen to you for nearly 6 years and 73 hundred post and I considered you one the folks I like on here (I know quit a honor!) with that said I have decent understating of your personality. With that knowledge I find it hard to beleive if a speeder is in your rear view mirror with you going 75 in the left lane that your adrenaline is not pumping and you have now become a distracted drive. I do/did the exact same thing with folks texting and driving. Both you and me are/were trying to police the roads when in reality we were becoming dangerous drivers by doing so. Good intentions on both our parts end result though was we are distracted drivers thus making us a danger to the road.
The big difference though is Ryan Dunn was a scruffy looking douche while I'm incredibly handsome.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #97
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I came back to this thread an hour or so later and it's three more pages deep lol.

Schneed, I know you truly feel that way. I am not saying you don't. But I am saying you like to push buttons too. You knew the mainstream member's opinion would be different than yours and you would get replies.

I am kind of the same way too.
True. The most interesting discussions are the most spirited ones, when opinions are strong and varied. Those just happen to be the ones I gravitate to.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #98
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
I probably have not described my "blocking" techniques on the road adequately enough. I'm not swerving in front of people when they change lanes. I just camp out in the left lane and refuse to go above 75. It doesn't feel dangerous in the least.
camp out? so you intentionally sit in the left lane so people behind you have to try and go around you?

You probably poses a greater threat to others on the roadway than a driver with a .09 bac doing the speed limit in the right lane.

I dont like going 75 either, but if i got a long line of cars behind me and im going the same speed as the lane to my right, i get over.

your quite they asshole to impose your set of beliefs on others, at their peril and all the other cars around you.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #99
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The big difference though is Ryan Dunn was a scruffy looking douche while I'm incredibly handsome.

Well if we are just going to state the obvious what is the point of this discussion, christ!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #100
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
camp out? so you intentionally sit in the left lane so people behind you have to try and go around you?

You probably poses a greater threat to others on the roadway than a driver with a .09 bac doing the speed limit in the right lane.

I dont like going 75 either, but if i got a long line of cars behind me and im going the same speed as the lane to my right, i get over.

your quite they asshole to impose your set of beliefs on others, at their peril and all the other cars around you.

no! oh no! it is starting all over again. Make it stop make it stop!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #101
saden1
MVP

S10 's time will come...like my granddaddy use to say "sooner or later stupid actions catch up to you."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #102
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You know what we need right now? Jsarno to jump on this thread and let us know what the odds are and how to beat them
Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #103
hooskins

LOL that was the best thread. the how to beat vegas thread....
Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #104
cpayne5
Playmaker

Hey, Schneed, what are you thoughts on motorcycles again? May as well get all of "your" topics in here...

(Please don't...)

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #105
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Schneed's personal hell. He's heading home after hanging out at a friend's house watching the game...and he sees some girl weaving in and out of traffic on a motorcycle. He tries to block her but she gets by. So he follows her and when she pulls into a gas station he's right behind her. She gets off her bike and takes her helmet off. As Schneed approaches her he can smell traces of alcohol. She turns around...and it's Hess!