Wft quarterback of the future

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2020, 10:51 PM   #91
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Wft quarterback of the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
This team has everything in place except QB to make a run at a super bowl ...good coaching a very good D ( need very little there) .. add a WR opposite of terry ..it’s all there EXCEPT QB ...what do we do ??? One player away .. how far could we go with Brady back there ?? You guys don’t think there is a vet QB out there that we could bring in and spend our draft on WR, OL , LB , DB ... and go win ..
I agree, the window will be open for the next 4-5 years.. This team needs to find a QB asap

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2020, 11:25 PM   #92
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
This team has everything in place except QB to make a run at a super bowl ...good coaching a very good D ( need very little there) .. add a WR opposite of terry ..it’s all there EXCEPT QB ...what do we do ??? One player away .. how far could we go with Brady back there ?? You guys don’t think there is a vet QB out there that we could bring in and spend our draft on WR, OL , LB , DB ... and go win ..
I think I'll wait until after Sunday to decide whether or not this is a Super Bowl caliber defense. They have shown that they can definitely make plays, and at times carry the team, but let's not forget about the competition that they have balled out against.

The Seattle game will show us what this D is made of.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:42 PM   #93
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think I'll wait until after Sunday to decide whether or not this is a Super Bowl caliber defense. They have shown that they can definitely make plays, and at times carry the team, but let's not forget about the competition that they have balled out against.

The Seattle game will show us what this D is made of.
Seattle's OL is not even close to Pitt or SF OL's, the key is to contain Wilson, he's most dangerous when he's on the run. We'll see if he can get away from the spy and D, I have a feeling he's going to be running like Lamar Jackson and try to wear out our D if he's not killed by Sweat and Young.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:48 PM   #94
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Seattle's OL is not even close to Pitt or SF OL's, the key is to contain Wilson, he's most dangerous when he's on the run. We'll see if he can get away from the spy and D, I have a feeling he's going to be running like Lamar Jackson and try to wear out our D if he's not killed by Sweat and Young.
Wilson is terrific at protecting himself, and scoring when the pressure is on. But our defense has shown itself to be very disciplined in their assignments so I think they will be ok against Seattle. They will give up some plays and points tho' so our offense can not be stagnant. The WFT needs to look at the NYG-SEA game and follow that blueprint.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:21 AM   #95
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Wilson is terrific at protecting himself, and scoring when the pressure is on. But our defense has shown itself to be very disciplined in their assignments so I think they will be ok against Seattle. They will give up some plays and points tho' so our offense can not be stagnant. The WFT needs to look at the NYG-SEA game and follow that blueprint.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Exactly, Wilson couldn't get out of the pocket vs the Giants. Their DL played disciplined containment all game long and collapsed the pocket quickly. We need the same.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #96
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Why is everyone saying add another WR? We have AGG and Harmon, they both will pan out. I hope they activate AGG this week and use him, I know he can produce.
Because Harmon's on injured reserve and AGG has 1 catch for 3 yards on the year.

Could they turn out good someday? Sure. Do we want to wait for them to get enough playing time to develop into a quality wideout when we could find a veteran to step in as the #2 this offseason? Ehhh.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #97
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Because Harmon's on injured reserve and AGG has 1 catch for 3 yards on the year.

Could they turn out good someday? Sure. Do we want to wait for them to get enough playing time to develop into a quality wideout when we could find a veteran to step in as the #2 this offseason? Ehhh.
Exactly. If the opportunity presents itself to be able to snag A Robinson, W Fuller, C Davis, or C Samuel, you do it. If AGG or Harmon pan out, great...but can't really count on them, and not try to upgrade the position.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #98
MTK
\m/

Going into next year with this defense, I think it's crucial to load up and take our best shot at winning it all in the next 2-3 years while we have several key guys on their rookie deals. And that means getting playmakers in here. Sorry you can't rely on Harmon and AGG panning out when so far they haven't shown anything to believe they are locks to be highly productive players.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:19 AM   #99
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This needs to be an offense offseason.

Well rounded TE and WR should be tops on list. I still think adding a Running Back in the draft would be really smart.

A lot of decisions at Oline...but we seem to have solid group who has bought into the scheme. Roullier and Schreff are playing outstanding...Lucas is holding his own in pass pro. Wes Schweitzer is a starter period and Moses is under contract along with Schweitzer and playing well. And Ismel and Charles waiting in the wings.I feel good about our group there

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:06 PM   #100
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

WFT twitter verse is trying to hype up a Watson trade lmao there is no way that happens
Old 12-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #101
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is correct, but I’ll say now that we have the football guys making the choice at QB...if they love someone that’s a fit for the offense and culture, get him in the first. Get that extra year in the contract and get him now with Smith is on the team.

Yeah my weariness is completely based on past “football” guys including our owner who is still there. But yes i trust our current FO more.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:18 PM   #102
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Completely my point as opposed to a project quarterback that could take 3-4 years to fully come of age. Has to be a vet that can win now and for 3-4 years out there. Once we winning then go get a quarterback in the draft. Then you got your master mentor situation. Alex just isn’t good enough anymore. Obviously hitting a gem in the later rounds now would be awesome.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:19 PM   #103
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Going into next year with this defense, I think it's crucial to load up and take our best shot at winning it all in the next 2-3 years while we have several key guys on their rookie deals. And that means getting playmakers in here. Sorry you can't rely on Harmon and AGG panning out when so far they haven't shown anything to believe they are locks to be highly productive players.

So you think we need to sign a veteran quarterback ala rypien/williams/Schroeder? I do.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:30 PM   #104
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Matt Stafford come on down
Old 12-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #105
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Completely my point as opposed to a project quarterback that could take 3-4 years to fully come of age. Has to be a vet that can win now and for 3-4 years out there. Once we winning then go get a quarterback in the draft. Then you got your master mentor situation. Alex just isn’t good enough anymore. Obviously hitting a gem in the later rounds now would be awesome.
I'm no cap expert, but that just seems crazy given what Alex is still due. It would have to be a cheap Vet, and if it's a cheap Vet, is he really an upgrade? If it's not a cheap Vet then you are jeopardizing the opportunity to upgrade the positions around him in free agency, and you just take your chances in the draft. There are some decisions to be made ($$ to be spent) on the Oline and elsewhere.

Scherff and Roullier are both UFA this offseason, as well as Sundberg, Hopkins, KPL, Darby, Cam Sims, Reaves, Moreau, all the TEs except for Thomas. I wouldn't mind an upgrade at tackle since we don't know what we have in Charles. WR needs to be upgraded, and TE. This defense is good, but the back seven could use some upgrades/extensions... I just don't see how you tie up a bunch of additional $ in the QB position, and still improve the rest of the team, or even maintain what you have.