Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #1021
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Kinda agree.
It's glass half full vs glass half empty.

On one hand we may have missed a tremendous offer and lost a potential desperate LT buyer... on the other hand the price for an elite LT (+a young WR) has now been set crazy high and the next desperate LT buyer will have to come close to that kind of offer.

Objectively we're in a good negotiating position... but I get that your confidence our FO will handle this well can be low.
I can't bring myself to believe that the price of an elite LT has been set by this deal. First off, this deal was done by a team, the Texans, that doesn't even have a GM - and it showed.

Second, this team was desperate for a LT and everybody knew it. They should have played their cards closer to the vest. A competent GM would have done that.

Third, we don't even know exactly what the Texans paid for Tunsil because the Dolphins sent them two good players. How much did the Texans pay for Stills in this deal? That may be where they got fleeced. It was well known that Stills ran afoul of the Dolphins owner over his criticism of the owner's personal political activities. Stills was as good as G-O-N-E from the Dolphins because of that. In this deal, he should have come at a price somewhat lower than his normal market value. Again, no GM in place.

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #1022
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Tunsil is younger and more durable than Trent. At this point he's going to command more on the open market. The deal was w/ the Pats and probably not the Texans. Either way Allen is stupid cause he's making it personal and doesn't have any ability to forward think.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:35 AM   #1023
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I can't bring myself to believe that the price of an elite LT has been set by this deal. First off, this deal was done by a team, the Texans, that doesn't even have a GM - and it showed.

Second, this team was desperate for a LT and everybody knew it. They should have played their cards closer to the vest. A competent GM would have done that.

Third, we don't even know exactly what the Texans paid for Tunsil because the Dolphins sent them two good players. How much did the Texans pay for Stills in this deal? That may be where they got fleeced. It was well known that Stills ran afoul of the Dolphins owner over his criticism of the owner's personal political activities. Stills was as good as G-O-N-E from the Dolphins because of that. In this deal, he should have come at a price somewhat lower than his normal market value. Again, no GM in place.
Solid points, thanks.

Still think the comparison to this deal could play in our favor, a team getting TW for a 1st and a 3rd or two 2nds would look better than the Texans here.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #1024
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Regardless of what we all think the Texans would have given us for TW versus what they gave Miami, it clearly doesn’t look good for Bruce Allen and his band of bozos. This tells us there’s a highly possibility Houston was offering a nice package or AT LEAST a 1st rounder.

If this ends badly for Washington, or Washington ends up empty handed, or the season fails because of the hole at LT (knowing what we could have gotten from Houston) this HAS to be the final straw with Bruce Allen in a looooooooooong line of losing seasons, botched opportunities, mismanaged issues, and bad decisions. He is clearly the worse “GM” in the NFL.

But don’t worry. He knows the truth and has everything under control....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2019, 07:50 AM   #1025
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The truth may be the Texans never offered the Redskins anything. Who knows...
Old 09-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #1026
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

I don’t believe that for a second. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. There was a LOT of news about the Texans making offers to Washington, and I’m sure they shopped around to compare their options between Tunsil and TW to make decisions. I’m will to bet they offered us at least a 1

Old 09-01-2019, 08:18 AM   #1027
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Regardless of what we all think the Texans would have given us for TW versus what they gave Miami, it clearly doesn’t look good for Bruce Allen and his band of bozos. This tells us there’s a highly possibility Houston was offering a nice package or AT LEAST a 1st rounder.

If this ends badly for Washington, or Washington ends up empty handed, or the season fails because of the hole at LT (knowing what we could have gotten from Houston) this HAS to be the final straw with Bruce Allen in a looooooooooong line of losing seasons, botched opportunities, mismanaged issues, and bad decisions. He is clearly the worse “GM” in the NFL.

But don’t worry. He knows the truth and has everything under control....

Dream on, my friend. Smithers isn't going anywhere. He's way too slick to let any blame to stick to him.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #1028
Warthog
The Starter

The Bar HAS NOT been set. The bar is gone. The two teams with the most need for LT have filled that need. Here’s the issue now for Bruce Allen:

1. If he takes a trade now and it is not close to the Houston deal, then everyone will ask: why didn’t you take the Houston trade (even if a bit lower)? Result: BA can not trade TW this year.

2. BA has said TW will play HERE this year. TW has stated multiple times that he will NEVER play here again. Neither can back down or they look weak and indecisive. RESULT: BA will not play for the Redskins in 2019.

My prediction is that the Left side of the OL is a big problem for us this season - hurting both the run game and the passing game. We end up trading TW for a 2nd Round draft pick after this season. Lose, lose, lose.

Sometimes taking a very good deal is better than waiting for the PERFECT TRADE, that never comes.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 09-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #1029
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This could be the case, but if Bruce refused to even take calls at this stage in the game that doesn’t make sense. To me, once the offer of the first rounder had been made from the Pats and we stated to them it’s not enough. Why not pick up the phone and tell the Texans “we have any offer for a first and are negotiating additional picks in what we consider fair value for Trent. What’s the best multi pick offer you can make for him”

Are we to believe that the Texans would even refuse to offer anything in the neighborhood after seeing the the total package for above average WR and an emerging but not established Tackle? It’s been reported by most that the Texans has interest and definitely reached out. Bruce being stubborn again is affecting the franchise.

He Gets Us
Old 09-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #1030
Defensewins
Playmaker

Trent Williams 31
Laremy Tunsil 25 and two years remaining on his rookie deal.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #1031
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The only reason the Dolphins traded Tunsil, was to stockpile draft picks causing they are sucking for Tua.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #1032
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Trent Williams 31
Laremy Tunsil 25 and two years remaining on his rookie deal.
Good point,

Trent = best Tackle in the game
Tunsil = emerging talent
Bill O’Brien = desperate too win now and Remember: Acting GM for the Texans.

If there was an opportunity for a fleecing, Bruce missed the boat. 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder is a ridiculous package for Tunsil and Stills.

He Gets Us
Old 09-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #1033
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If you ask me the only thing these two trades by Houston show is their FO are a bunch of damn fools
Old 09-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #1034
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Also, the last thing that I want is our team to trade with the Pats. Those mf'ers always come out winning on their trades. They probably were giving up their 2023 first rounder for all we know.

As I said before, I'm fine if Trent decides to sit out the season. That means more cap money for the team.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #1035
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

The silver lining here is hopefully this is the final thing that gets Bruce Allen fired. He’s a useless piece of shit

Closed Thread