Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 07:12 PM   #1006
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

So Tunsil wasn’t available huh? Should have traded Trent for Tunsil.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Advertisements
Old 08-31-2019, 07:20 PM   #1007
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

Dan needs to call BA in and ask him whose side is he on. We wouldn't have gotten that deal but it could have been a good one. I hope I'm wrong and something great comes up for TW before long but BA may have missed the boat.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:23 PM   #1008
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We are the worst run franchise period.

I’m fuckin livid. I’m sure Texans would have giving up a 1st round pick and more. I can’t believe how fuckin retarded this piece of shit Bruce Allen is. I hate this mutherfucker
Don't be premature Chico, let's wait until this situation gets resolved before we start shitting on Bruce.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:29 PM   #1009
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

We try to trade people that don't have any trade value (doctson) and don't trade someone who does have trade value.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:31 PM   #1010
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Nestor View Post
We try to trade people that don't have any trade value (doctson) and don't trade someone who does have trade value.
Retard central. He fucked this up like he fucked up the cousins deal.

He Gets Us
Old 08-31-2019, 09:14 PM   #1011
Warthog
The Starter

The Texans gave up:

TWO First Round draft picks
One Second Round draft pick
2 players.

Why did we not take that deal? Because if two reasons:

1. Bruce Allen, who is a puppet of Dan Snyder, is incompetent.

2. Dan Snyder is petty and thus angry that Trent Williams doesn’t want to play here anymore. IF HE WON’T PLAY FOR US, HE’S NOT PLAYING FOR ANYONE.

Dan Snyder may be THE worst owner in the NFL. Certainly the team of Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen is a complete disaster for this franchise.

TW will not play here this year and we will get some weak deal next year for a draft pick. I underestimated how bad Bruce Allen was and how petty and low Dan Snyder could go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 08-31-2019, 09:21 PM   #1012
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The Texans gave up:

2 players.

2. Dan Snyder is petty and thus angry that Trent Williams doesn’t want to play here anymore. IF HE WON’T PLAY FOR US, HE’S NOT PLAYING FOR ANYONE.

Dan Snyder may be THE worst owner in the NFL. Certainly the team of Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen is a complete disaster for this franchise.

TW will not play here this year and we will get some weak deal next year for a draft pick. I underestimated how bad Bruce Allen was and how petty and low Dan Snyder could go.

There is no way the texans offered us that for trent, but likely they heard rumbling and set a similar bar for trent. Werent pepple just criticizing BA for not taking the Pats offer?

At this point you wait and see if
A) TW comes back - i think we would all like that.
Or
B) a LT for a non division team gets hurt and now we have Tunsils deal as a point of reference.

Some of you all wanna bitch because bitching is easy. You have to wait for the result to make a verdict.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2019, 09:33 PM   #1013
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The Texans gave up:

2 players.

We don't even know what deal they offered, why is this even a debate?

I'm calling it even with no faith in front office or coaching staff, if anybody offered 2 firsts for Trent, let alone what the Dolphins got, we would've been on that like a pig on shit. There's no way any player on this roster isn't worth 2 first rounders.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:34 PM   #1014
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yo...that deal Texans gave to the dolphins was the desperation trade we needed.

Seriously...if Bruce was picking up the phone and saying we aren’t trading him without listening and engaging then he fucked up big time.

First, we agree that was a desperate move and an overpay by the Texans. It def was

Second what did the Texans need more than anything...a Tackle.

Third, a first round pick for Trent was the established bottom per the New England attempt.

Lastly, Trent is clearly the better tackle than Tunsil. Look at what Texans gave up...so a first and a 3rd round seem out of range for Trent vs what the Texans paid for Tunsil?

Bruce fucked up royally. The Texans just made the desperate move we were searching for folks. We will never get close to that for Trent now.

He Gets Us
Old 08-31-2019, 11:11 PM   #1015
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You know what the best part of this Texans-Dolphins trade is? Ya'll acting like Kenny Stills ain't shit. He gives the Texans a solid #2 at a position where they have talented but off-injured guys. But nah, the way this trade is talked about around here it's almost as if the Dolphins had to sell the Texans on taking Stills too.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:22 PM   #1016
Schneed10
A Dude

Chico you’re proving yourself to be the most irrational spaz on this board. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:04 AM   #1017
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Honestly the Tunsil trade just gives the Redskins more leverage, in my opinion. Now the price, if you want Trent, has been set. I think it's pretty clear that Trent either plays under the current contract, sits out the year, or his agent brings a haul equal to or better than what the Dolphins got for Tunsil.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:40 AM   #1018
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Honestly the Tunsil trade just gives the Redskins more leverage, in my opinion. Now the price, if you want Trent, has been set. I think it's pretty clear that Trent either plays under the current contract, sits out the year, or his agent brings a haul equal to or better than what the Dolphins got for Tunsil.
Kinda agree.
It's glass half full vs glass half empty.

On one hand we may have missed a tremendous offer and lost a potential desperate LT buyer... on the other hand the price for an elite LT (+a young WR) has now been set crazy high and the next desperate LT buyer will have to come close to that kind of offer.

Objectively we're in a good negotiating position... but I get that your confidence our FO will handle this well can be low.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:04 AM   #1019
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You know what the best part of this Texans-Dolphins trade is? Ya'll acting like Kenny Stills ain't shit. He gives the Texans a solid #2 at a position where they have talented but off-injured guys. But nah, the way this trade is talked about around here it's almost as if the Dolphins had to sell the Texans on taking Stills too.
Man, last couple years I’ve brought up Stills several times as a type of WR we need...solid veteran presence who can run routes and fly. I like him in that deal. But again we are talking 2 first rounders and a second. Is Stills worth even a second rounder...when AB garnered a 3rd?

Don’t get me wrong, I like Tunsil as well but Texans paid a ridiculous price. With Texans and Pats both making trades to secure Oline help, the market significantly shrunk for TW. Hoping he shows, but the opportunity to get a first and 2nd or first and 3rd, significant compensation for what everyone here mostly agreed as the top left tackle in the game...that’s probably passed.

The big trade last year was All Pro Khalil Mack who was exchanged for 2 first rounders and 3rd round...but Oakland sent them a second rounder pick back along with Mack.

He Gets Us
Old 09-01-2019, 05:21 AM   #1020
AnonEmouse
The Starter

The only way TW gets traded this week is if someone with likely high to mid round prospects comes up with a 1st and change, or a top WR (and change?). I don't see anyone with a WR they are willing to let go, so we're trading him for future options or holding onto hope he reverses course. Personally I can't see him ever wearing B&G again so we either balls it up like by letting him sit out 2019 or swallow our pride and get valuable picks. But who's in the market for an LT now that the Texans and Patriots have done their deals? The Phins seem to be building for the future with youth, so I can't see them replacing Tunsil with anyone over 30. Can't see anyone left willing to shell out high picks at this stage.
Closed Thread