Parking Lot

Old 12-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #991
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Me and my family have covid.

Yesterday was brutal, body aches, chills, drenching the sheets and bed in sweat. Didn’t really move or eat, just laid down eyes closed tossing and turning.

Feeling better today but now it’s normal sick and not nuclear sick

We all have symptoms but we all should be okay after a while

It’s no joke
So sorry to hear this ,hope all get well soon!

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2021, 07:55 PM   #992
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Yesterday was brutal, body aches, chills, drenching the sheets and bed in sweat. Didn’t really move or eat, just laid down eyes closed tossing and turning.

It’s no joke

Oh man. Best wishes to the whole family.
It is no joke - wife is over a couple weeks in and still not totally right. But getting there.
SS which vaccine did you have? Was it JJ? Seems to be the least effective. Me and my daughter had moderna and didn’t get it.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:28 AM   #993
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

It’s no joke
I’m going to a Christmas party tonight…I’m a lil congested with a headache…gonna take a test now before I go. Your post gave me piece of mind SS…get better

*Side note This party is in Fredericksburg…I hate driving north on 95

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:02 AM   #994
SunnySide
Playmaker

Thanks for the love y’all

Everyone’s doing better every day. First 36 hours were brutal but today we’ll do some chores. Bout 80% better with chest tightness. Feels like it’s going to be a while to clear tbe last 20%.

All the urgent cares are slammed in Howard county, can’t even get a test.

We took pfizer and my second shot was june ish … no booster.

IMO if you haven’t gotten covid yet the Omnicron will get you.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:04 AM   #995
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the love y’all

Everyone’s doing better every day. First 36 hours were brutal but today we’ll do some chores. Bout 80% better with chest tightness. Feels like it’s going to be a while to clear tbe last 20%.

All the urgent cares are slammed in Howard county, can’t even get a test.

We took pfizer and my second shot was june ish … no booster.

IMO if you haven’t gotten covid yet the Omnicron will get you.
Glad you guys are doing better.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Just about everyone in the world will be hit with COVID at some point. It's just a matter of russian roulette on what your symptoms will be (yes, being vaccinated helps in most cases, but you can still be hit hard). Get vaccinated and get boosters seems like the best bet. Then just try to be as responsible as possible while living your life.

I hope having COVID, getting vaccinated, and getting booster makes me as protected as possible. Getting my booster on Christmas eve day now, couldn't get it when I originally thought.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:27 AM   #996
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

My daughter tested positive on Saturday. Friday she started to have symptoms including a fever. Had a fever yesterday but by night and this morning seems to be done with fever. Sore throat, headache and body aches still persist. Kind of jives with what I have read about Omicron for vaccinated people. We will get the lab results back in a few days which should tell us the variant. My son is 10 and just got his second shot a few weeks ago and she is isolating but have a small house so I am some what doubtful we will be successful in preventing spread. I am not too concerned for myself as I rarely get sick and when I do it is more of an annoyance but my wife she gets hit hard when she gets sick and my son he gets hit hard but recovers quickly. It does stink because we are unsure how to handle Christmas since it falls in the 10 day isolation.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 11:41 AM   #997
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
My daughter tested positive on Saturday. Friday she started to have symptoms including a fever. Had a fever yesterday but by night and this morning seems to be done with fever. Sore throat, headache and body aches still persist. Kind of jives with what I have read about Omicron for vaccinated people. We will get the lab results back in a few days which should tell us the variant. My son is 10 and just got his second shot a few weeks ago and she is isolating but have a small house so I am some what doubtful we will be successful in preventing spread. I am not too concerned for myself as I rarely get sick and when I do it is more of an annoyance but my wife she gets hit hard when she gets sick and my son he gets hit hard but recovers quickly. It does stink because we are unsure how to handle Christmas since it falls in the 10 day isolation.
I'm not a doctor and didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I think as long as you are all asymptomatic (or just never had it altogether) by the 23rd, do what you guys wanted to do. If not, then, might need to be a home for the holidays Christmas. Shitty situation. Sorry to hear.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:25 PM   #998
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thinking about you and fam. Hang in there

He Gets Us
Old 12-19-2021, 01:37 PM   #999
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Hope u and ur family feel better soon B- more
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:32 PM   #1000
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Man, I have felt like crap since Friday. Tried to schedule a test first one I could find is next Sunday. Went to several stores and there were no home tests to be found. Is there another way to get tested?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #1001
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Man, I have felt like crap since Friday. Tried to schedule a test first one I could find is next Sunday. Went to several stores and there were no home tests to be found. Is there another way to get tested?

Search the walgreen or CVS app for available home test that’s how I got it

He Gets Us
Old 12-19-2021, 04:53 PM   #1002
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Will do. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #1003
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Crazy how it feels like this wave is hitting everybody harder than the first two.

Hoping for the best for you and your fam Bmore.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:13 PM   #1004
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Search the walgreen or CVS app for available home test that’s how I got it
So I found locations in the walgreens app, when I called the stores that said in stock they were actually out, then I tried the CVS app, same situation. I cant find a store within 45 minutes of my house. Mucinex DM it is. Not sure about work though they just reimplemented masking and stricter covid procedures.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:33 PM   #1005
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So I found locations in the walgreens app, when I called the stores that said in stock they were actually out, then I tried the CVS app, same situation. I cant find a store within 45 minutes of my house. Mucinex DM it is. Not sure about work though they just reimplemented masking and stricter covid procedures.

I’ll never understand why home testing wasn’t a focus when delta came on. I’ve seen all this tax payer money wasted here in Richmond from left over covid money on city pet projects.

They should have taken it and sent test to households or had them free to pick up from places.

He Gets Us