Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 07-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #976
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I highly recommend Inception, one of those movies that sticks with you for awhile. Can't wait to see it again.
Agreed. After watching it last night with some friends who had already seen it, I felt like they did after their first time watching it and had the itch to see it again to see if I missed anything that was shown or said to provide more clues as to what truly happened throughout the movie. It was one of the best writing jobs I can remember for a movie in a long time and after this movie, the Batman relaunch, and Memento, Christopher Nolan has become on of my favorite directors.

Advertisements
Old 07-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #977
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
It was one of the best writing jobs I can remember for a movie in a long time and after this movie, the Batman relaunch, and Memento, Christopher Nolan has become on of my favorite directors.
I also loved The Prestige. Nolan really knows how to mess with his audiences' heads.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #978
MTK
\m/

Somehow The Prestige has slipped by me, I need to see it. Memento is one of my favorite flicks and The Dark Knight was great too. Yeah Nolan gets it done.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #979
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Just got back from Inception and my mind is f'ing blown!! That movie was awesome. Visually stunning and very original.

To be fair, I guarantee some people are going to bitch that it's too long and there are a few parts that are a little slow, because basically they need to explain some of the crazy stuff that's happening. But I loved it and my sisters who have completely different tastes in movies than I do also enjoyed it.
I saw it last night and I thought the best way to describe it was the equivalent of my mind having a human body and receiving the best bj ever haha. It was mind blowing (double entendre intended) that's for damn sure.

My friends said it was a mind**** to be sure but I didn't think it was confusing at all to be honest. It just stimulated my mind.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #980
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Somehow The Prestige has slipped by me, I need to see it. Memento is one of my favorite flicks and The Dark Knight was great too. Yeah Nolan gets it done.
Between Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige, Dark Knight, and now Inception I'd have to say Batman Begins is my least favorite Nolan movie, and that's saying something because BB is a great flick.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #981
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Between Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige, Dark Knight, and now Inception I'd have to say Batman Begins is my least favorite Nolan movie, and that's saying something because BB is a great flick.
If he keeps that as his "worst" movie I can't wait to see what else he brings to the big screen, haha. I can't wait to see what he does for Batman 3 (one rumor has Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a possibility for the Riddler, which has legs since Nolan obviously likes using actors he's familiar with) and my friend is a HUGE Superman fan who has lost his mind with giddiness now that Nolan will be executive producing that relaunch as well.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #982
saden1
MVP

Just got back from watching Inception. I must say, it has been a long time since I ever felt I got my money's worth at the theaters...Matrix was probably the last time I throughly enjoyed a movie as I have Inception. A+

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #983
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I saw it last night and I thought the best way to describe it was the equivalent of my mind having a human body and receiving the best bj ever haha. It was mind blowing (double entendre intended) that's for damn sure.

My friends said it was a mind**** to be sure but I didn't think it was confusing at all to be honest. It just stimulated my mind.
Yeah confusing isn't the right word, there's just a lot to digest all at once.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 AM   #984
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
It was one of the best writing jobs I can remember for a movie in a long time and after this movie, the Batman relaunch, and Memento, Christopher Nolan has become on of my favorite directors.
What's even more impressive is that Nolan also wrote this. It's rare that you'll see a director of a big budget blockbuster also pen something this sound and creative... he's still got the pen of an independent film writer and I'm glad the studios are giving him the resources to put stuff like this together.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #985
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Inception was awesome, best movie I've seen since The Bourne Ultimatum.

Kind of wish Nolan had written and directed at least one episode of Lost, that would have been fun.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #986
MTK
\m/

I sooo want to see Inception again. I really don't remember a movie where I was like yeah, I need to see that again right away.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #987
saden1
MVP

Anyone seen "Kick-Ass?" Check it out...it's one kick ass movie.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #988
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

anyone seen "Big Fan" with Patton Oswalt? He's an obsessed Giants fan who hgets his ass kicked by the giants star player.There was a huge huge flaw in this movie that I can not believe nobody caught it before it was released.He has a poster in his room of the star player and its says" quarterback killer" on it.Then later hes talking to a sports station saying this player had 2 sacks and a fumble recovery.Then later in movie when player gets suspended the newspaper headline says QB suspended and something else is brought up about him being the qb.I dont see how that doesnt get caught by somebody.
Now i was drinking while watching this movie,so maybe Im just messed up,I need confirmation.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #989
GusFrerotte

I just have seen Salt last night. Holy Shit it was mindblowing. Jolie as an action chick is great. It is a lot like the Bourne series, but with a woman as the lead. Lots of plot twists to keep you wondering who is on who's side. There is more hand to hand fighting going on thatn in the Bourne series. Whoever was Jolie's stunt double earned her pay and then some!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #990
12thMan
MVP

You guys are killing me, I HAVE to see Inception now!! Can't wait.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote