What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #976
MTK
\m/

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
To be clear, it wasn't just a reference to the posts on WP (Though, admittedly, the one in the Banks thread was the catalyst of my frustration). I had clients and outside engineers telling me all day yesterday that I didn't know how the law works and that (to quote one of them) "Just b/c that's what the statute says, that's not what the law means." Oh, silly me relying on defined terms and stuff.

Yes. Everyone else knows my job better than me. Hey, I have a PC at home, how about I tell you how to program that mainframe? or, since I have plumbing in my house, let me tell you the engineering flaws in that $50K Stormwater Managment Pool that you designed for the multimillion dollar road widening project?

Just a little respect for each other's professionalism would be nice.
I think everyone has to deal with this sort of thing one way or the other, and it's definitely frustrating. I love it when some bum sitting at home sucking off the WC system thinks he knows how my job works, or better yet knows WC law better than I do.

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #977
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
To be clear, it wasn't just a reference to the posts on WP (Though, admittedly, the one in the Banks thread was the catalyst of my frustration). I had clients and outside engineers telling me all day yesterday that I didn't know how the law works and that (to quote one of them) "Just b/c that's what the statute says, that's not what the law means." Oh, silly me relying on defined terms and stuff.

Yes. Everyone else knows my job better than me. Hey, I have a PC at home, how about I tell you how to program that mainframe? or, since I have plumbing in my house, let me tell you the engineering flaws in that $50K Stormwater Managment Pool that you designed for the multimillion dollar road widening project?

There you go again, hiding behind actual statutes to defend yourself from the importance of just making things up without evidence.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #978
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

Local nutjob who has lost over 20 election bids with the slogan "Fight Mafia Lawyer Scum". These stickers are slapped all over York County, PA. He actually enrolled in a few computer classes at my school when I was in college and I talked to him a few times.

He believes that all lawyers and law enforcement are run by the mafia since they seized his family fruit stand in 1982. He's switched political parties a few times and actually manages a few hundred protest votes every election. He always makes it on the ballot for something.

He entertains me more than grinds my gears, but I figured posting that picture would grind JoeRedskin's gears so I shared it.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #979
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

He entertains me more than grinds my gears, but I figured posting that picture would grind JoeRedskin's gears so I shared it.
lol ... No, nutjob's who are clueless merely amuse me. The gear grinding comes when other professionals seem to think that special training is needed to do their job well but that watching a couple episodes of Law & Order qualifies them to pronounce authoritatively upon the simplicity of mine.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #980
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
lol ... No, nutjob's who are clueless merely amuse me. The gear grinding comes when other professionals seem to think that special training is needed to do their job well but that watching a couple episodes of Law & Order qualifies them to pronounce authoritatively upon the simplicity of mine.

please keep your qualified murmerings to a minimum Your Honorable Sir Barrister.....esq.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #981
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Right fighters.

I'll eat crow and admit, I am a right fighter, but I also know when to back off.

I got into an argument yesterday with a woman (who was previously a friend. I've known her about a year) over BASEBALL. Of all things. I told her that I thought Boston wasn't going to be playoff worthy this year, despite the AL East being a tight competition. They've got major injuries, for some reason they aren't clicking this year. YET. I also admitted that its rather early in the season and the Sox could turn it around, though I don't expect them to. Mind you, I AM a Sox fan. Orioles and Nats come first then I like the Sox. Well, apparently this wasn't good enough and she proceeded to bash me down and tell me I didn't know what I was talking about and blah blah blah. And I said, "hey, I'm just saying my opinion, you blurting out stats left and right is fine, but the Sox have been incredibly inconsistent so far." Well then the name calling started, I was stupid and a dumb-ass and an idiot. So the conversation has degraded so far that I figure what the hell, and I trolled the hell out of her so I could at least get some entertainment out of it. She got SO mad that she then posted on one of my facebook statuses, calling me a "loser" with "a useless college degree" (I'm in grad school for human sciences, which a broad topic that compasses social work, psychology and thanatology) and that I need to get a "real job". Then proceeded to delete me from facebook before she could read my reply.

Over baseball. Because I wouldn't change my opinion. IS THIS REAL LIFE?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #982
los panda
Pro Bowl

sounds like a child to me
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #983
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Right fighters.

I'll eat crow and admit, I am a right fighter, but I also know when to back off.

I got into an argument yesterday with a woman (who was previously a friend. I've known her about a year) over BASEBALL. Of all things. I told her that I thought Boston wasn't going to be playoff worthy this year, despite the AL East being a tight competition. They've got major injuries, for some reason they aren't clicking this year. YET. I also admitted that its rather early in the season and the Sox could turn it around, though I don't expect them to. Mind you, I AM a Sox fan. Orioles and Nats come first then I like the Sox. Well, apparently this wasn't good enough and she proceeded to bash me down and tell me I didn't know what I was talking about and blah blah blah. And I said, "hey, I'm just saying my opinion, you blurting out stats left and right is fine, but the Sox have been incredibly inconsistent so far." Well then the name calling started, I was stupid and a dumb-ass and an idiot. So the conversation has degraded so far that I figure what the hell, and I trolled the hell out of her so I could at least get some entertainment out of it. She got SO mad that she then posted on one of my facebook statuses, calling me a "loser" with "a useless college degree" (I'm in grad school for human sciences, which a broad topic that compasses social work, psychology and thanatology) and that I need to get a "real job". Then proceeded to delete me from facebook before she could read my reply.

Over baseball. Because I wouldn't change my opinion. IS THIS REAL LIFE?
That's a lot of drama.....for "Sox can't get there this year".
I think she needs to some " real prescriptions meds".
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #984
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Boxing judges.

Any judges of any "sport" that uses judges.

It's really tough to consider any sport that uses judges to be a real sport anymore.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #985
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Boxing judges.

Any judges of any "sport" that uses judges.

It's really tough to consider any sport that uses judges to be a real sport anymore.
What's Boxing?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #986
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Something that died a slow death beginning in a faraway land called.....Manilla. Before cages were invented......I think.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #987
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

eavesdroppers at work

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #988
mredskins
Gamebreaker

DippinDots

When are they going to give up the idea it is the ice cream of the future? I have been seen it for like 30 years. At this point it is the ice cream of the past.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #989
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
People who have never written a legal brief, conducted a deposition, prepped a a witness for testimony, argued a motion in open court or made an opening statement to a jury telling me how the law works.

You're right. I've only been doing it for 20 years - I must be wrong.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #990
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
DippinDots

When are they going to give up the idea it is the ice cream of the future? I have been seen it for like 30 years. At this point it is the ice cream of the past.
I think it's just a tag-line. I hope. I'd hope people knew that dot ice cream wouldn't make it. I like the idea though because its clean, it doesn't drip everywhere and its kinda fun to eat. But nothing beats eating a drippy ice cream cone on a hot summer day.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote