Debating with the enemy

Old 07-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #931
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...cy_132798.html

Simply not true and when I hear fake news liberal bullshit that cry’s poor obama couldn’t do anything cause gop I get a laugh.

Read the examples above and shut it.

So you're saying the republicans never bashed anything to do with Obama , that is one of those "OPINION " pieces we were talking about, you know the ones you say don't matter!! Chico , you have to stop drinking the kool/ aid .

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #932
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So you're saying the republicans never bashed anything to do with Obama , that is one of those "OPINION " pieces we were talking about, you know the ones you say don't matter!! Chico , you have to stop drinking the kool/ aid .
G1 I obviously said there were many times where there was cooperation between gop and obama admin. That’s basically it, just refer to my posted article.

Last edited by Chico23231; 07-19-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:37 PM   #933
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Nobody said they never bashed Obama or anything to do with him, but I think the sphere of attacks is larger now. What i mean is if you are a trump supporter in congress or running for congress you are going to face a lot more accusations and scrutiny then most dems faced simply for supporting Obamas policies.

There isnt a metric to prove this so no point in arguing it, it is just this trumpeteer's opinion.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #934
dmek25
MVP

i would agree with that. but 8 years of stonewalling, and pettiness, drove us to where we are in politics today. a total shit show with little regard for whats right. or the american peoples best interests
Old 07-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #935
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i would agree with that. but 8 years of stonewalling, and pettiness, drove us to where we are in politics today. a total shit show with little regard for whats right. or the american peoples best interests
I agree.

And the republicans in congress have been worse than the democrats, because they seem to obstruct everything basically for obstruction sake. The democrats are at least unified in their goals and obstruction.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #936
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree.

And the republicans in congress have been worse than the democrats, because they seem to obstruct everything basically for obstruction sake. The democrats are at least unified in their goals and obstruction.
Disagree. Go back to the article. And to predicate a point on a Supreme Court nominee is doesn't make much sense because legislative agenda vs supreme court, completely different ballgame in DC politics.

And you rather have blind unity regardless of best interest of constituents and/or best interest of country? I much rather have people in congress who think for themselves and not embrace lobby groups who set agenda. Blind unity is not only a problem in Congress, but a large portion of the country.

Give me John Warner, Arlen Specter, Collins in Maine, Rand Paul, who challenge group thought charade. Someone who enjoys obstruction, enjoys the presence day pettiness of partisan culture. Its simply ridiculous.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #937
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
This,+1
Old 07-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #938
MTK
\m/

Both sides need to get back to country over party. Might help too if we had a President who put country first.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #939
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
This,+1
+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK
Both sides need to get back to country over party. Might help too if we had a President who put country first.
This too. It seems whoever is the party in power completely disregards the other party (and half the population by extension).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #940
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
From your lips to God's ears!!!
Old 07-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #941
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Both sides need to get back to country over party/Special Interest/Lobby Groups. Might help too if we had a President who put country first.
We good now
Old 07-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #942
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Disagree. Go back to the article. And to predicate a point on a Supreme Court nominee is doesn't make much sense because legislative agenda vs supreme court, completely different ballgame in DC politics.

And you rather have blind unity regardless of best interest of constituents and/or best interest of country? I much rather have people in congress who think for themselves and not embrace lobby groups who set agenda. Blind unity is not only a problem in Congress, but a large portion of the country.

Give me John Warner, Arlen Specter, Collins in Maine, Rand Paul, who challenge group thought charade. Someone who enjoys obstruction, enjoys the presence day pettiness of partisan culture. Its simply ridiculous.
I wasn't really praising the Democrats for their blind unity, just saying that through it, they were able to get things done, when they were in the majority. Of course I disagree with most if not all their policies, but they could in fact make the government function, with the help of very few Republicans.

The Republican congress cannot really do that even on their agenda items, the one exception being the tax cut. Yes I prefer that the members of the party vote for their constituents, and that is why I said earlier that the Republicans have the broader baseline support, because you can have debate and dissent and not be forced to toe the party line, so locally you can be a more inclusive group. But they can't govern. Partly because the democrats stay united, but mostly because within their caucas they can't come to a rational point that everyone can work with. If the Republicans could put forward an immigration bill that would pass and was sane, democrats, at least some would jump on to make it bipartisan, but when the liberal, moderate, conservative republicans can't craft a bill, why would democrats even worry about breaking with party?
Old 07-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #943
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
We good now
I agree with that. Remove corporate money from politics too.

As Mick Mulvaney (current Director of the Office of Management and Budget and acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) once said:

Quote:
“We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress,” Mr. Mulvaney, a former Republican lawmaker from South Carolina, told 1,300 bankers and lending industry officials at an American Bankers Association conference in Washington. “If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #944
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump knows his Lawyers I have to give him that!

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-kare...-eff2a7f567d2/

Cohen recording revelation catches Trump in a lie about McDougal payment

The New York Times on Friday broke bombshell news that in September 2016, President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Trump “in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model [Karen McDougal] who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.”

Shortly afterward, a follow-up report from The Washington Post added more details about the content of this discussion. Citing a source “familiar with the recording,” the Post reported that Cohen and Trump discussed purchasing the rights to McDougal’s story of her alleged affair from American Media Inc (AMI).

AMI is the parent company of the National Enquirer. AMI’s CEO, David Pecker, describes himself as a close friend of Trump.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #945
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree with that. Remove corporate money from politics too.

As Mick Mulvaney (current Director of the Office of Management and Budget and acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) once said:
People need to start getting serious about term limits for Congress in both houses. If would help break the lobbyists and special interest strangle holds