Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your top choice for the next head coach?
Ben Johnson 25 51.02%
Bobby Slowick 3 6.12%
Mike MacDonald 10 20.41%
Raheem Morris 0 0%
Dan Quinn 2 4.08%
Mike Vrabel 2 4.08%
Bill Belichick 2 4.08%
Aaron Glenn 0 0%
Jim Harbaugh 5 10.20%
other 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2024, 06:36 PM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Fine line between due diligence and a sloppy job.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:50 PM   #2
skinsfan69
Living Legend

They look kinda stupid right now. How many times have they met w/ Quinn? 3 times and they still have not given the guy the job. I'd tell Harris and Peters to fuck off and withdraw my name. I'm going to go back to Dallas and keep abusing your offense and dragging your QB. He looks like a doormat and that would piss me off.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:46 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
They look kinda stupid right now. How many times have they met w/ Quinn? 3 times and they still have not given the guy the job. I'd tell Harris and Peters to fuck off and withdraw my name. I'm going to go back to Dallas and keep abusing your offense and dragging your QB. He looks like a doormat and that would piss me off.
I think they only met with him twice, like every other candidate. There was a false report last week that there were 3 meetings with him.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:53 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I don’t care who is HC at this point…I care a lot more who is the OC.

We need someone who develop a rookie QB.

We don’t get that, doesn’t matter whoever the HC will fail and we will be doing this again in 4 years

He Gets Us
Old 01-31-2024, 07:55 PM   #5
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Josh Beck for OC.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:56 PM   #6
mredskins
Gamebreaker

https://www.reddit.com/r/Commanders/s/nxWm71r5zA

Detroit podcast reporting BJ had a standing offer from us and to make more then Dan Campbell

He was definitely our top pick , we waited for him as plan B C D etc all signed else where

Now Peter’s is flapping in the wind

If Quinn let’s say was our first pick ; what is the hold up guy been available longer then the ugliest stripper in the bar for a lap dance

The Commanders are in a tough spot right now ; they need a coach and have limited options; if what is left is anyone good someone would have hired them by now
Old 01-31-2024, 08:00 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Detroit podcast reporting BJ had a standing offer from us and to make more then Dan Campbell

He was definitely our top pick , we waited for him as plan B C D etc all signed else where

If Quinn let’s say was our first pick ; what is the hold up guy been available longer then the ugliest stripper in the bar for a lap dance

The Commanders are in a tough spot right now ; they need a coach and have limited options; if what is left is anyone good someone would have hired them by now
Johnson is my Cousins of the coaching world. I wish him good health but professional failure.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:37 PM   #8
rocnrik
Playmaker

I don't care if all of you get pissed but this is all Dan Snyder like shit show ... This new owner totally shit the bed on this .. I have NO illusions that this is gonna be any getter than Snyder .. Harris knew for a damn year that he was gonna fire Ron !! A year head start and we are down to the Bottom of Barrell on the coach .. I'm not cutting anyone slack this is amateur hour and I have had enough ! We are the laughing stock of the entire league . This franchise is currently the worst in the league even with NEW Owners and GM ! The team with NO Identity.. No leadership ( we got coordinators turning us down to be HEAD Coach) .. it's bad ! Johnson never wanted any part of this team in fact the so called fans don't care enough to attend games they sell there tickets to the opposing teams fans .. the stadium sucks ,the facilities suck, the name sucks .. tell me what doesn't suck about this team ! I'm waiting
Old 01-31-2024, 08:50 PM   #9
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I don't care if all of you get pissed but this is all Dan Snyder like shit show ... This new owner totally shit the bed on this .. I have NO illusions that this is gonna be any getter than Snyder .. Harris knew for a damn year that he was gonna fire Ron !! A year head start and we are down to the Bottom of Barrell on the coach .. I'm not cutting anyone slack this is amateur hour and I have had enough ! We are the laughing stock of the entire league . This franchise is currently the worst in the league even with NEW Owners and GM ! The team with NO Identity.. No leadership ( we got coordinators turning us down to be HEAD Coach) .. it's bad ! Johnson never wanted any part of this team in fact the so called fans don't care enough to attend games they sell there tickets to the opposing teams fans .. the stadium sucks ,the facilities suck, the name sucks .. tell me what doesn't suck about this team ! I'm waiting
Well, we still have passionate fans
Old 01-31-2024, 08:55 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
PSTS (Post Snyder Trauma Sydrome) IS real! The reactions in this thread are evidence of it.

All evidence suggests that the team is following a plan: 8 initial interviews, 5 scheduled follow up interviews this week. Several of the follow up interviews were on teams that were eliminated this week ( Weaver, Glenn, Macdonald, Johnson) so no decision was going to be made before today. Did Johnson's backing out throw a wrench in it. Possibly. Does it mean that we now are doomed to Zorn II, most definitely not.

If we don't have a HC in the next week, then we can revisit the question. But right now it looks like they did the second set of interviews and are evaluating the results. I imagine an answer will be today or tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:29 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
PSTS (Post Snyder Trauma Sydrome) IS real! The reactions in this thread are evidence of it.

All evidence suggests that the team is following a plan: 8 initial interviews, 5 scheduled follow up interviews this week. Several of the follow up interviews were on teams that were eliminated this week ( Weaver, Glenn, Macdonald, Johnson) so no decision was going to be made before today. Did Johnson's backing out throw a wrench in it. Possibly. Does it mean that we now are doomed to Zorn II, most definitely not.

If we don't have a HC in the next week, then we can revisit the question. But right now it looks like they did the second set of interviews and are evaluating the results. I imagine an answer will be today or tomorrow.
110% it’s Snyder related PTSD
Old 01-31-2024, 09:03 PM   #12
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Honestly though, who were the "serious" candidates (who actually got at least one interview)?

Ben Johnson: Seems to be a great OC, but obviously not ready to be a HC. Probably can't lead his dog to the dog dish.
Bobby Slowik: Had a great year, has more to prove. Not ready.
Raheem Morris: Intriguing, ready for round 2, but went to Atlanta.
Mike Macdonald - Also intriguing (my first choice), probably ready, said to be a leader, but went to Seattle.

I don't know that any of the above names were the new owner's #1. They all had 2nd interviews, but then again so did everyone below, with the exception of EB.

Aaron Glenn - in play
Anthony Weaver - in play
Dan Quinn - in play
Eric Bieniemy - in play

So half of the candidates are still in play. I can't agree that we're scraping the bottom of the barrel, or that this screams "amateur hour".
Old 01-31-2024, 09:40 PM   #13
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Honestly though, who were the "serious" candidates (who actually got at least one interview)?

Ben Johnson: Seems to be a great OC, but obviously not ready to be a HC. Probably can't lead his dog to the dog dish.
Mike Macdonald - Also intriguing (my first choice), probably ready, said to be a leader, but went to Seattle.

I don't know that any of the above names were the new owner's #1. They all had 2nd interviews, but then again so did everyone below, with the exception of EB.

Aaron Glenn - in play
Anthony Weaver - in play
Dan Quinn - in play
Eric Bieniemy - in play

So half of the candidates are still in play. I can't agree that we're scraping the bottom of the barrel, or that this screams "amateur hour".
nice macro view

honestly maybe the real answer is its a ok class of HC candidates this off season
Old 01-31-2024, 09:44 PM   #14
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Aaron Glenn - in play
Anthony Weaver - in play
Dan Quinn - in play
Eric Bieniemy - in play

Absolutely agree about it not screaming or even hinting at amateur hour and same old shit…. That is all crap.

I do think they swung and missed with BJ and I am disappointed, but honestly, in the past, guys like this probably wouldn’t even interview with us. Also what are we supposed to do? Break the bank on a rookie coach and bend over backwards to get him?

Whoever they hire will most certainly be an improvement, and like Matty said if it doesn’t work out, go get someone next year. We are recovering from 25 years of ineptitude. It is crazy to suggest nothing has changed simply because some OC doesn’t want to be here.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:29 PM   #15
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Haha... ok. Well, Dan Campbell is reportedly making $4 mil per year... Sooo they had a "standing offer" to pay BJ more than $4 mil per year. Whoop-de-do. RR was making $8.5 mil/yr.

Doesn't scream "all-in" to me...
Closed Thread