ALLEN
HURTS
BURROW
LAMAR (HIS SYSTEM)
HERBERT
DAK
KIRK

I think you can say Sam Howell has been in the top 10 this season

Why in the world would you just dump him? It makes no sense. Not saying you guys I'm saying a new GM
A new regime wouldn't dump Howell, but having Howell in the roster will definitely not prevent the new GM from drafting a QB.

Also, the assumption that I'm going with is that the new regime will do a better job at evaluating talent. This means that:

- They will do a better job at filling roster needs through free agency and mid/low draft picks.

- They would do a better job at evaluating a prospective first/high round QB pick.

Some of you talk like we are going to have the same flawed decision makers with the team next year, and that makes no sense.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2023, 03:47 PM   #932
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
A new regime wouldn't dump Howell, but having Howell in the roster will definitely not prevent the new GM from drafting a QB.

Also, the assumption that I'm going with is that the new regime will do a better job at evaluating talent. This means that:

- They will do a better job at filling roster needs through free agency and mid/low draft picks.

- They would do a better job at evaluating a prospective first/high round QB pick.

Some of you talk like we are going to have the same flawed decision makers with the team next year, and that makes no sense.

Yup. Snyder is gone. It is an attractive organization again. It is crazy how people are acting like the world is ending because of this season. We knew going into this season that nothing was changing except for the name plate on the owners desk. If you are not giddy about next year than you are completely underestimating the shit stain that was Dan Snyder.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 04:42 PM   #933
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yup. Snyder is gone. It is an attractive organization again. It is crazy how people are acting like the world is ending because of this season. We knew going into this season that nothing was changing except for the name plate on the owners desk. If you are not giddy about next year than you are completely underestimating the shit stain that was Dan Snyder.
C'mon, man! Punch, you know that nobody here is underestimating how poor an NFL owner Dan Snyder was. In fact, he was so bad that he's left a residual, if irrational, fear of "What in the world comes next?" in the minds of Washington fans everywhere. We need time to heal.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:02 PM   #934
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
C'mon, man! Punch, you know that nobody here is underestimating how poor an NFL owner Dan Snyder was. In fact, he was so bad that he's left a residual, if irrational, fear of "What in the world comes next?" in the minds of Washington fans everywhere. We need time to heal.
Snyder to all Redskins fans:

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:03 PM   #935
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Really the culprit the last few years has been Ron more so than Dan. I guess Dan gave him the job as long as Ron played along and gave Haskins a chance. That to me is really what set us back more than anything the last several years.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:29 PM   #936
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The organization is trending up with DS gone, but literally every position group outside of DT needs an upgrade. We'll have a lot of cap space and a few more draft picks than normal, but I'm tempering my expectations that there will be some glorious turnaround in one year.

A playoff birth is probably the ceiling for 2024 with (likely) a last place schedule on the horizon - IF Sam continues to progress, the O-line is fixed, the defense is fixed, and we hit on some draft picks.

The fact is, it will be new front office, new scouts, new coaches, new schemes, a bunch of new players... that's a lot to put together and expect much. Can it be done? Sure. I'm just not holding my breath for next year's team to be markedly better than this year's team.

IF they are able to hit on GM, HC, DC/OC, free agency, and the draft - then I think 2025 is where the leap will occur.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #937
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

We really fucked ourselves going defense in the first round of 5 out of the last 6 drafts. 2 players already gone, Forbes having an rough rookie year, Allen/Payne going quiet this year and Jamin Davis looking more unremarkable by the week. Who knows how many years we set ourselves back with that stretch. Next coach has a tough task rebuilding this roster.
Old 11-27-2023, 06:03 PM   #938
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
The organization is trending up with DS gone, but literally every position group outside of DT needs an upgrade. We'll have a lot of cap space and a few more draft picks than normal, but I'm tempering my expectations that there will be some glorious turnaround in one year.

A playoff birth is probably the ceiling for 2024 with (likely) a last place schedule on the horizon - IF Sam continues to progress, the O-line is fixed, the defense is fixed, and we hit on some draft picks.

The fact is, it will be new front office, new scouts, new coaches, new schemes, a bunch of new players... that's a lot to put together and expect much. Can it be done? Sure. I'm just not holding my breath for next year's team to be markedly better than this year's team.

IF they are able to hit on GM, HC, DC/OC, free agency, and the draft - then I think 2025 is where the leap will occur.
I'll gladly take a playoff appearance if it's an over .500 record appearance. Not the kind Rivera backed into a few years ago.

Give us playoffs and a punchers chance. HUGE upgrade over our normal dog-ass seasons.

If we win 10 games in 2024, that's a big success, because like you said, we have a lot of holes. But with money, extra picks, and some general competence, it's not out of the realm of possibilities.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:34 PM   #939
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, just have to hit on several things and get a little lucky along the way.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 07:55 PM   #940
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Definitely not out of the realm of possibilities, just have to hit on several things and get a little lucky along the way.
Outside of the top 5ish teams, I think this is true for pretty much everyone. They're all professionals, winning 10 games ain't easy.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:01 PM   #941
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://x.com/alexansimon85/status/1...072014174?s=46

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2023, 08:05 PM   #942
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jamf:

Old 11-27-2023, 08:21 PM   #943
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Sam is also playing on a cheap contract. All the talk about new regime wanting their guy is ridiculous.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:44 AM   #944
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Regardless of what you think about SH / EB , After 12 weeks Sam Howell is still the leagues leading passer.

When is the last time a Washington QB led the league in passing for a whole season? Sam may do that this yr
Old 11-28-2023, 09:59 AM   #945
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Regardless of what you think about SH / EB , After 12 weeks Sam Howell is still the leagues leading passer.

When is the last time a Washington QB led the league in passing for a whole season? Sam may do that this yr
But that doesn't mean sh*t when you finish with a record that will garner you a top 5 draft pick.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote