Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 08-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I had to take my dad to one of Northern VA's best ranked hospitals last night after an emergency call from his doctor revealed a blood infection from his test on Monday - probably stemming from his pancreatitis that we've been dealing with since June. 5 hours - just to see a doctor who didn't show up until 1:30 this morning. We walked through the ER on the way to get a ct scan an hour after we arrived (to a full ER waiting room) - literally every available space in the ER had a bed in it and every bed was full. I've never seen anything like it - and this includes the last 4 hospital ER's I've been in with my dad and the 30+ times I've visited him in various hospitals since June. People of all ages and sizes sick, curled up in pain, screaming, thrashing, too weak to move and barely able to complain about their struggles breathing. We had to wait 5 hours just to get a bed in the ER - my dad is still there at the time of this post in the ER waiting for a non-ER bed to open up for him to be admitted.

If you are getting your information from the internet - or from entertainment companies - and not from a legitimate doctor - and you don't have pre-existing conditions that make it uncertain - please get the shot. The FDA would not ruin their credibility approving a vaccine that has no business being approved. This virus is not a partisan virus. It will kill anybody - and there is a vaccine out there that will at least give you a dog in the fight. Help yourself - and help everybody you love and care about. Get the shot.

Let us know when he is home safe. Much love brother.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Sorry to hear about your dad Mooby
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Thanks guys. Even when he gets out it will be a long and tough road ahead - he has a cyst in his bile duct and he's been on a liquid iv diet for the last 3 weeks that gets injected directly into his arm - so his pancreas will rest and hopefully heal up the cyst caused by a gallstone that was too big to pass. His primary doctor has estimated it could take up to 8 months to return to a normal state where he can eat food again.

The ER - it is hell. My dad was finally able to get a room about 3 hours ago - which is almost 22 hours after arriving at the hospital. Imagine working in that environment - just nonstop patients, no room anywhere, having to prioritize who has higher odds of living, being understaffed and overworked. Meanwhile there are fellow Americans out there accusing you of being some part of a conspiracy to take their freedoms away. This is a situation that is playing out across the country. And it still has the potential to get so much worse.

I long for the days when distrust of leaders only applied to politicians, and not to science. There's nothing sacred anymore.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:38 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...-yet-in-us-cdc

No cases of COVID-19 omicron variant identified yet in US, CDC says
The agency said it expects the variant to be identified quickly if it emerges in the U.S.

New covid variant with mutations identified

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...-yet-in-us-cdc

No cases of COVID-19 omicron variant identified yet in US, CDC says
The agency said it expects the variant to be identified quickly if it emerges in the U.S.

New covid variant with mutations identified
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-03552-w
Old 11-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Only a matter of time before it's here.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #7
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Only a matter of time before it's here.
Got my booster today

I wish i could figure out how to add it to my apple wallet
Old 12-06-2021, 05:49 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Got my boost today.

He Gets Us
Old 12-06-2021, 09:24 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Nice. Getting my booster on Wednesday.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:37 PM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Nice. Getting my booster on Wednesday.
Booster week baby!!!! Get mine Friday.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:30 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

So my wife had the jj vaccine, but had a cough when we were gonna get boosters. Turns out she has covid. Been about a week , at least. She is home. No taste, no smell. Tired and run down. But doing ok. My daughter is 15, and fully vaccinated and tested negative yesterday. I go today for a test. Soon as the old lady is better she is getting a moderna boost.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:00 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So my wife had the jj vaccine, but had a cough when we were gonna get boosters. Turns out she has covid. Been about a week , at least. She is home. No taste, no smell. Tired and run down. But doing ok. My daughter is 15, and fully vaccinated and tested negative yesterday. I go today for a test. Soon as the old lady is better she is getting a moderna boost.
Dang man, hope she she feels better. I’ve known a couple people to have covid and described it as a light cold. Then I knew a guy who was 65 with kidney disease and other health issues…he went on a ventilator and almost died from it. He was in the hospital for like 2 months…no way he should have survived. He was extremely religious and a good person, so it always helps to have the big guy on your side.

I got the j&j vaccine too and got its booster.

He Gets Us
Old 12-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Dang man, hope she she feels better. I’ve known a couple people to have covid and described it as a light cold. Then I knew a guy who was 65 with kidney disease and other health issues…he went on a ventilator and almost died from it. He was in the hospital for like 2 months…no way he should have survived. He was extremely religious and a good person, so it always helps to have the big guy on your side.

I got the j&j vaccine too and got its booster.

Thanks. Yeah she went to the hospital at her doctors orders and got a bag of the “bam”. Sent home with oxygen monitoring device Oxygen levels still good.

Definitely helps to not be old and or sick.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #14
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Hope she feels better ! All my shots + booster were moderna .No reactions to the first two shots but the booster knocked me down for exactly 4 hours but after that all was good!
Old 12-09-2021, 05:02 AM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Dang Punch, hope she's doing okay and is feeling better soon.