Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your top choice for the next head coach?
Ben Johnson 25 51.02%
Bobby Slowick 3 6.12%
Mike MacDonald 10 20.41%
Raheem Morris 0 0%
Dan Quinn 2 4.08%
Mike Vrabel 2 4.08%
Bill Belichick 2 4.08%
Aaron Glenn 0 0%
Jim Harbaugh 5 10.20%
other 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 10:12 PM   #886
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Yeah that’s bush league to do that after the organization is flying out to see you. Dude is weak sauce so glad he’s not the HC.

It’ll probably be Dan Quinn and if so I’m all in. Hell atleast we know they’ll play good defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2024, 10:32 PM   #887
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. 🎶
Quinn is a loser. Dude just got smoked, what a clown. Almost as bad as the nuclear meltdown the size of 3 mile island in the SuperBowl that last time he was head coach.
I got my hopes up after the Peters hire we may attract top talent here. It appears, we are still a destination for losers. Can’t wait to see who his OC will be.
Bungle the draft and keep the name.
The whole thing has a Snyder stink about it.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:09 PM   #888
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think it is funny how people keep bringing up the SB with Dan Quinn, yet Kyle Shanahan was part of that SB collapse (and criticized for it), yet he was hired as 49ers HC that offseason.

Sean McVeigh was hired as the Rams HC the season after Washington's offense was at the bottom of the league.

Also, go look at Pete Carroll's and Bill Belichick's first stint as head coaches in the league.

Some of y'all need to chill the eff out.

NOTE: Mike MacDonald is my top choice, but I'll be fine with anyone Peters is going to hire.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-30-2024, 11:21 PM   #889
rocnrik
Playmaker

I think it's the whole cowboy thing with Dan .. also his name is "Dan"😳 and as far as his past accomplishments Just to get to Super Bowl is a huge and I won't hold THAT against Him ( even though Ron got there also) also both Dan and Ron have a lot in common both DC and HC both Took team to SB .. both been fired , I don't know what to think anymore and if that is who they hire then it is what it is
Old 01-31-2024, 05:29 AM   #890
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Can we hire someone today please? I'm ready for this to be over. Give me Macdonald or Glenn, and let's call it a day.
Old 01-31-2024, 06:52 AM   #891
mredskins
Gamebreaker

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000643594777

I can’t stress listening to this , they even touch on Quinn

You don’t want Ben Johnson ; he didn’t think he could be a HC and he is not a alpha leader of men guy , he is an analyst at best

These coordinators every year there is the HOT guy , not worth dropping 15 million a year on hype
Old 01-31-2024, 07:05 AM   #892
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

For the last 2 seasons Dan Quinn has been highly touted as a Defensive genius. What he did in Dallas was legit.

If he’s the new HC I’m fine with that. Also he took the Atlanta falcons to the SB and should have won the game so clearly he’s not as bad as some think

Old 01-31-2024, 07:41 AM   #893
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
For the last 2 seasons Dan Quinn has been highly touted as a Defensive genius. What he did in Dallas was legit.

If he’s the new HC I’m fine with that. Also he took the Atlanta falcons to the SB and should have won the game so clearly he’s not as bad as some think

It also guts the cowboys of a great coordinator
Old 01-31-2024, 07:41 AM   #894
mredskins
Gamebreaker

What I really want is the next Ben Johnson at OC
Old 01-31-2024, 08:12 AM   #895
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
What I really want is the next Ben Johnson at OC
Who’s out there that’s even sniffing being a great OC?
I can’t think of any. Most likely will be a retread proven loser Like Quinn.
Say welcome back Scott Turner, or hello Brian Schottenheimer.
If we’re lucky Peters will cajole Brian Griese away from 49ers and he actually turns into a great OC.
I don’t see it though. Looking more like a typical Commanders patch job of people nobody wants anymore. This includes Quinn. Word on the street is Seattle is throwing the book at McDonald to land him today.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:31 AM   #896
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
If we’re lucky Peters will cajole Brian Griese away from 49ers and he actually turns into a great OC.
I don’t see it though. Looking more like a typical Commanders patch job of people nobody wants anymore. This includes Quinn. Word on the street is Seattle is throwing the book at McDonald to land him today.
you are just reaching at straws and going off what the media feeds you

we all actually don't know these guys

i do know from multiple reports in a room with dan campbell and aaron glen, ben johnson was a beta

everyone is spun up over Ben about his hype he has not done jack shit as a HC

the problem with football is folks like to look at things in bubbles whether its a free agent a draft pick a coach candidate etc.....but football is such a synergy of moving parts. What if Ben Johnson had the parts we had on offense this year and RR was his head coach? Do you think he would be such a hot prospect

the one mystery that bothers me is why not knock on Mike V's door; i take that alpha guy over any to scared to go to a job interview ben
Old 01-31-2024, 08:33 AM   #897
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
no idea that is why you have a guy named Adam Peters in the front office; he is the single most important hire this offseason
Old 01-31-2024, 08:33 AM   #898
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

He is good if he has elite talent and is playing with a lead but look at the D in the Packers game they couldn't stop a tissue running up the middle if they tried. The D he created in Atlanta very meh performances.

Maybe he is the next Pete Carroll or BB. My guess he is more like Mike McCarthy which is better than what we have had. Give him a 4 yr contract after three 9-7 seasons and losses in the wild card round bounce him for Slowik in 3 yrs after he wins a SB with CJ
Old 01-31-2024, 08:40 AM   #899
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Here's a thought, why don't we look at the decisions we made that put the 2013 staff in place? What did we see in those young coaches that brought them here, because those guys have all gone on to success. That process is what we want to recapture and hopefully that's how Peters is approaching this. Once he finds his next HC, work with that guy to build a similar staff of potential HC's.

And on Johnson, has anyone considered that he might have told the teams at interview that he was considering staying with the Lions? That they knew in pursuing him that he may not want to leave (rather than not want to come). To me, all the negative press around his decision seems to be the media stirring up and creating column inches rather than driven by him or the teams chasing him. And now Slowik's said the same, is he going to get a torrent of abuse for not making himself available? I like the fact the team is saying schtum on the process, as any coach coming here will want to know they have his back. I actually doubt Johnson got scared off, he simply decided that his best opportunity in the next few years is with the Lions, and not that he didn't like our situation.

For me, now it's McDonalds job to lose/reject. As long as he recruits an OC of the calibre mentioned above, I'll be more than happy if he's the next HC.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:48 AM   #900
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Here's a thought, why don't we look at the decisions we made that put the 2013 staff in place? What did we see in those young coaches that brought them here, because those guys have all gone on to success. That process is what we want to recapture and hopefully that's how Peters is approaching this. Once he finds his next HC, work with that guy to build a similar staff of potential HC's.

And on Johnson, has anyone considered that he might have told the teams at interview that he was considering staying with the Lions? That they knew in pursuing him that he may not want to leave (rather than not want to come). To me, all the negative press around his decision seems to be the media stirring up and creating column inches rather than driven by him or the teams chasing him. And now Slowik's said the same, is he going to get a torrent of abuse for not making himself available? I like the fact the team is saying schtum on the process, as any coach coming here will want to know they have his back. I actually doubt Johnson got scared off, he simply decided that his best opportunity in the next few years is with the Lions, and not that he didn't like our situation.

For me, now it's McDonalds job to lose/reject. As long as he recruits an OC of the calibre mentioned above, I'll be more than happy if he's the next HC.
his name is Mike Shanahan and he hired his son and his son hired his buddies

we could bring mike back