Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 03-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #76
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
First person to test positive here in central Va. Some dumbass traveling internationally brought it back.
This is why it's spreading everywhere, these folks right here. My wife is a nurse at the local hospital...one of the doctors and his family had traveled to China because his father was very ill, legit reason to travel, but upon returning back to the states, he wanted to come right back to work. Obviously everyone was against him doing this, but the Board for the hospital approved him coming back immediately to see patients. After only 2 days back, his son started showing "flu like symptoms"....and at THAT point, he decided he probably should stay away from work. Luckily, the son did not have anything serious, but so easily could have and it would have been a huge mess! All because precautions were not taken.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2020, 05:00 PM   #77
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I don't even understand the toilet paper thing. Do people not realize that Coronavirus causes no G.I. symptoms?? Does everybody think it gives you the runs?

I would understand buying up bottled water, tylenol, canned foods like soup, stuff like that. But the toilet paper thing is just bizarre.
I just checked I have 30 rolls. I should be ok. I have always kept a decent stock of toilet paper and paper towels, just a habit. Where I live the panic shoppers wipe out all the eggs and milk at the Food Lion whenever a winter storm is predicted. Also a wise person doesn't shop when it starts to snow, people lose their minds. shopping carts left scattered all over the parking lot where people drive through like maniacs escaping a burning building. Everybody panics acting like WW3 is coming even if just 2-4" snow is predicted.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tom hanks and wife traveling in Australia test positive for Coronavirus

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #79
MTK
\m/

The fact that I can’t find toilet paper anywhere is really pissing me off. I have two rolls in reserve so normally that’s when I go buy another 4 pack. Are people planning on shitting 5 times a day or something? FFS it’s like when the grocery stores are packed when there’s 6 inches of snow coming. Just retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #80
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The fact that I can’t find toilet paper anywhere is really pissing me off. I have two rolls in reserve so normally that’s when I go buy another 4 pack. Are people planning on shitting 5 times a day or something? FFS it’s like when the grocery stores are packed when there’s 6 inches of snow coming. Just retarded.

I know a guy. Quality TP none of that 1ply stuff. Get ya a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #81
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

My girlfriend does the same thing and has two adult sons living in her house. Unless you have no storage space I don't understand why people don't keep more reserves. I keep plenty of spares on most everything. Things like shaving cream, eye drops, toothpaste, razors, etc I pretty much have two spares. Even kitchen supplies, coffee, cooking oil, tea. I am not a hoarder just will never accidentally run out of something.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:53 AM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I just checked I have 30 rolls. I should be ok. I have always kept a decent stock of toilet paper and paper towels, just a habit. Where I live the panic shoppers wipe out all the eggs and milk at the Food Lion whenever a winter storm is predicted. Also a wise person doesn't shop when it starts to snow, people lose their minds. shopping carts left scattered all over the parking lot where people drive through like maniacs escaping a burning building. Everybody panics acting like WW3 is coming even if just 2-4" snow is predicted.
lol you think? If your not ok, than maybe Buffalo is a more fitting name than Boomer.

30 rolls...lol

He Gets Us
Old 03-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #83
MTK
\m/

I don't feel the need to stock up since I have a grocery store or drug store within 2 miles of where I live, so why bother.

I checked with a grocery store this morning and they said they're keeping things like TP in their stock area to prevent people from buying it up, so you just have to ask when you go in apparently and they can bring more out from the back.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #84
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
lol you think? If your not ok, than maybe Buffalo is a more fitting name than Boomer.

30 rolls...lol
Buffalo was a nickname I got in college as I could out eat anybody on the football team. Somebody said I eat as much as a Buffalo and it stuck. I weighed like 225 then but could out eat the 300 lb lineman 2-1 or better. If there was a noon lunch for a 7:30 night game quite a few of us would pig out.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:38 PM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Buffalo was a nickname I got in college as I could out eat anybody on the football team. Somebody said I eat as much as a Buffalo and it stuck. I weighed like 225 then but could out eat the 300 lb lineman 2-1 or better. If there was a noon lunch for a 7:30 night game quite a few of us would pig out.
nice...Chico is a nickname from high school.

He Gets Us
Old 03-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #86
MTK
\m/

Days After Being With Trump and Pence, Brazilian Official Tests Positive
Old 03-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #87
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:

I haven't purchased toilet paper in a store in years. Amazon and it arrives in two days.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:01 PM   #88
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
I haven't purchased toilet paper in a store in years. Amazon and it arrives in two days.
Sold out on Amazon right now
Old 03-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #89
SunnySide
Playmaker

NHL suspended.
NBA suspended.
Big Ten tourney suspended.
Spring Training going to be suspended/cancelled.
Univ of MD, no campus classes.

Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will become infected with COVID-19, NBC News reported Wednesday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/up-t...ctor-says.html

im getting legit worried. not for me personally, Im 41 and relatively healthy but for what may come. Feel like I should go buy a handgun, at the minimum.

Just waiting for public schools across the country to close.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #90
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
NHL suspended.
NBA suspended.
Big Ten tourney suspended.
Spring Training going to be suspended/cancelled.
Univ of MD, no campus classes.

Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will become infected with COVID-19, NBC News reported Wednesday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/up-t...ctor-says.html

im getting legit worried. not for me personally, Im 41 and relatively healthy but for what may come. Feel like I should go buy a handgun, at the minimum.

Just waiting for public schools across the country to close.
Great start, I was just thinking i need to stock up on hand guns to defeat this.