Best Head Coaches Currently In The NFL

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #76
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Best Head Coaches Currently In The NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
I would have considered Rex Ryan a good coach until these past two years. Him and Tannenbaum ruined a good, talented team. I think a fresh start where a GM has total control over player personell would be good for him. A place where Rex Ryan might end up being a good coach is Detroit. But right now he is mediocre at best, and has become a clown.
But we're talking coaching here, not personel moves. I think the team got old and Sanchez simply isn't any good.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #77
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I support a lot of the pro-Coughlin sentiments. I do think there are better coaches in the NFL, but it's hard to argue with his accomplishments, and it's always tough to separate a good coach from a strong organization considering it's hard to be a top organization with a weak coaching staff and vice versa.

Coaches improve and decline much like players do, but the tricky thing with evaluating coaching careers is that age is not the number one indicator of where a guy is in his career. A thirty year old defensive end tells me something about the player's profile even knowing nothing else. Telling me a coach is fifty years old doesn't really tell me much of anything.

I do think age matters for coaches and there is certainly some evidence to back that up, but in the case of someone like Sean Payton, I can't tell you he's not going to be a better coach in his late 40's than he was in his late 30's. I wouldn't expect Payton to be as strong a coaching figure the next four years as he was the four prior to the suspension (sometimes guys just burnout), but that has little to do with his age and more to do with his accomplishments.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #78
30gut
Playmaker

Jim Harbaugh
Mike Tomlin
Sean Payton
Tom Coughlin
Mike McCarthy
Pete Carrol

Mike McCoy
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #79
over the mountain
Playmaker

http://http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/...-mike-shanahan

panel at ESPN put Mike as the 19th greatest coach all time. Kinda cool video with it.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #80
GridIron26
Playmaker

Mike will move up in the list once he wins another SB, well, make that few
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #81
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I'm curious to see where they will place Joe Gibbs. 3 SB with 3 different QB, no star QB like Montana, Brady. He'll probably get screwed eventhough he was as good or better than Bill Walsh and Belichick.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #82
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

I put a * next to Belicheat u got caught stealing calls/signals, yes you can say every team does it but he got caught and he hasn't won a SB since just my opinion,.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #83
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
I put a * next to Belicheat u got caught stealing calls/signals, yes you can say every team does it but he got caught and he hasn't won a SB since just my opinion,.

So he has won three as a head coach and gone to it 2 more times and the team is always in the playoffs and his players would die for him, but because you don't like him you give him * , interesting.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #84
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So he has won three as a head coach and gone to it 2 more times and the team is always in the playoffs and his players would die for him, but because you don't like him you give him * , interesting.
I never said I didnt like him, I called him a cheat.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #85
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I would not be so quick to call him a cheat based on some signal stealing. I also would not think he was the first or the only coach to ever try and steal some signals. He was the first in the modern age to be caught but that doesn't mean he was the only one over the course of nfl history to do so.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #86
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I would not be so quick to call him a cheat based on some signal stealing. I also would not think he was the first or the only coach to ever try and steal some signals. He was the first in the modern age to be caught but that doesn't mean he was the only one over the course of nfl history to do so.
Different sport but do you give that same pass to Barry Bonds.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #87
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Different sport but do you give that same pass to Barry Bonds.
Screw Barry Bonds, can't stand that A-hole! Unfortunately the SF Giants fans here are in denial and love him. The funny thing is that the Giants started winning the WS after he left.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #88
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Screw Barry Bonds, can't stand that A-hole! Unfortunately the SF Giants fans here are in denial and love him. The funny thing is that the Giants started winning the WS after he left.
Who exactly was Barry playing against that wasnt juiced up?

HOF's are packed full of dopers. If you think otherwise, then you havent been paying attention.

That doesnt mean it was the right thing to do. But unless we plan on wiping out 40 years of the record books, then we havent rid sports of steroid fueled records.

Lets be 100% honest, we knew. We have known since the 70's. We wanted athletes that could bench press Volkswagens and run faster than cheetahs. HGH is still rampant, we know, lets not pretend that we dont. The standard from the 60/70's until very recently was "do them, just dont get caught." Barry isnt considered a bad guy for doing steroids, he is considered a bad guy for getting caught when hundreds of others didnt.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #89
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Who exactly was Barry playing against that wasnt juiced up?

HOF's are packed full of dopers. If you think otherwise, then you havent been paying attention.

That doesnt mean it was the right thing to do. But unless we plan on wiping out 40 years of the record books, then we havent rid sports of steroid fueled records.

Lets be 100% honest, we knew. We have known since the 70's. We wanted athletes that could bench press Volkswagens and run faster than cheetahs. HGH is still rampant, we know, lets not pretend that we dont. The standard from the 60/70's until very recently was "do them, just dont get caught." Barry isnt considered a bad guy for doing steroids, he is considered a bad guy for getting caught when hundreds of others didnt.
Now if you were Hank Aaron and you had some juiced up clown breaking your all time record, how would you feel? Hank was a small guy who wasn't juiced up, he did it the right way.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 05-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #90
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I doubt an asterisk stuff will ever happen, but Belichick will always be remembered/associated by anyone outside of Boston with Spygate.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote