Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Along with RG3, who gets your game ball?
Garcon 11 10.09%
Morris 41 37.61%
A. Robinson 13 11.93%
Gomes 23 21.10%
C. Griffin 12 11.01%
other 9 8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #76
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Lots of thoughts...one matters most. Bob can play. Period. I'm sure he won't replicate this every week and we'll see mistakes but at any point today did anyone watching this game wonder if RGIII could do it? I had tiny little doubts for about 3 plays. He looked like the first real QB we've had in years.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #77
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
He's a bum, plain and simple. He sucked because he sucked. Not because the Offense wasn't tailored for him. Eagles gave up on him, he sucked here and then went and sucked for the Vikings. He even sucks as a commentator.
McNabb didn't suck...but it does go to show how good the Andy Reid's coaching staff must be...they got the most out of him when they had him...you gotta admit that
Old 09-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #78
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Aldrick Robinson was targeted 6 times by RG3, more than any other receiver. I think that this performance may earn Robinson more time in the O. It will be interesting to see if he is used more next week.
He basically played the slot starter role over Moss. Moss got playing time more due to Garçon being out I think. Interesting. He's got them convinced already.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #79
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Evil Mike Tomlin ‏@EvilMikeTomlin
Rex Grossman will not play today, Saints extremely upset
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Most important stat, RG3 completed passes to 8 different players. 5 of which were wide receivers.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #80
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Chances of Gaffney making that play?

I think Gaffney might've (and I seriously stress the might part) made the catch, but he definitely couldn't of outrun anyone.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #81
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
McNabb didn't suck...but it does go to show how good the Andy Reid's coaching staff must be...they got the most out of him when they had him...you gotta admit that
At one point he didn't suck. His last two years in Philly he was in decline in hindsight and here we didn't have a system or staff who were invested enough in him to try and hide it.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #82
skinsnut
Playmaker

I am also shocked at the incredible accuracy of RG3...I really didn't see a single pass that was uncatchable. He honestly looked like a pro bowl level vet out there today.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #83
SKINFAN2881Gibbs
Camp Scrub

Talking Re: Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm a little late to the party, but I just want to say that I am extremely impressed with what i witnessed today.

i will be honest, I did not think that we could beat the saints. It is not a knock on our team, it's just to start the regular season with a rookie QB against one of the best teams in the league seemed like a no-win situation. I figured that even if we lost, hopefully we were competitive and seen good things from RG3.

I think the sky is the limit if the team can continue to play at the level they did today for 15 more games. I am 28, and I can't really remember at any point scoring 40 points on a team. I think Joe Gibbs during his second run blew out somebody by 45 points during the 2005 season, but i don't know who and i don't remember watching the game..

RG3 looked like a real pro out there today, never forced any passes, looked comfortable the whole time and just in general made the saints look very, very poor.

People may debate whether or not we were helped by Sean Payton not being there. I think it could have helped, but that was still Drew Brees out there and a high powered offense that we basically spanked.

Excited for more great moments from this team this year.

And to end on McNabb's thoughts in the post above. I think he is a depressed, bitter, washed up ex-footballer who was ever only good because of the system he played in. Once he left philly, the world saw what kind of quality he was in Washington and in Minnesota...McNabb has a lot of hurt feelings i'm sure...
I was concerned about our offensive line but they did pretty well. Did anyone else think it interesting that each of the quarters it was
10,10,10,10....we scored RGIII's number....oh, oh.....our own "tebow-like" effect ie. 3:16

As for McNabb, always hated him always will.....his commentary is nothing but sour grapes towards Redskins pure and simple.....just something else that's gone WRONG for him!
SKINFAN2881Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #84
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I think Gaffney might've (and I seriously stress the might part) made the catch, but he definitely couldn't of outrun anyone.
Hell to the no he wouldn't have.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #85
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I am also shocked at the incredible accuracy of RG3...I really didn't see a single pass that was uncatchable. He honestly looked like a pro bowl level vet out there today.
A couple smart throwaways and a couple off the receivers hands - he was close to perfect in a loud dome where many veterans dont win. Your rite thats the thing i cant wrap my head around - he really didnt make one bad play. Didnt miss the open guys. Lord please let rg-3 stay healthy like eli manning. Dudes a beast !
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #86
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINFAN2881Gibbs View Post
I was concerned about our offensive line but they did pretty well. Did anyone else think it interesting that each of the quarters it was
10,10,10,10....we scored RGIII's number....oh, oh.....our own "tebow-like" effect ie. 3:16

As for McNabb, always hated him always will.....his commentary is nothing but sour grapes towards Redskins pure and simple.....just something else that's gone WRONG for him!
Also Garcon's number is 88, and he caught an 88 yarder. Just saying..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #87
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
For those attributing today's performance to the Saints D being really bad, what Redskins team have you been watching all these years? The Skins have struggled mightily to score against ALL Defenses, good, bad and mediocre.
Those people will pull their heads out of their asses and realize just how good our offense is soon enough. I for one savored every second of that finely tuned machine in a loud ass dome today. Rg3 outplayed drew breese and there aint no other way to look at it. HTTR. - and that httr felt really really goooood.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #88
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Players of the game
Griffith
Griffin
Garcon
Morris
Orakpo
Fletcher
Robinson
Cundiff
In that order.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #89
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Players of the game
Griffith
Griffin
Garcon
Morris
Orakpo
Fletcher
Robinson
Cundiff
In that order.
Let's not forget Gomes and many others who contributed.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #90
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Yes.

And before anyone says it's only different because he has Griffin running his offense...that's true, but it misses the point. This was a very different offense than what we had seen from the Shanahan's in each of the first two seasons. A majority of our first half runs came out of the gun, which did wonders to protect our OL from itself.

It's telling that Spagnuolo didn't solve Kyle at halftime, which you might have predicted from watching the past two seasons. Kyle stayed one play ahead most of the game.
That's what I'm saying. It was not simply the case that Kyle had shinier toys. Instead he earned his paycheck more than he has in the past. Maybe Kyle is especially inspired.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote