Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #76
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'd also like to mention that Fed Ex Field has basically become a home game for the opposing team. Very very sad.
Yeah its terrible, and i dont understand it. I do know that Pats, Phili, Giants Ravens, have had much more success in the area but like when Dallas is in town it wtf? Why why, id give my tickets away befor i sold them to opposing supporters. Snyder should do something about that.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #77
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Snyder should do something about that.
What exactly should he do?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #78
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I like Sellers but I think he'll either hang it up or get cut after this season. The guy is old and doesn't get much play time anymore. It's been a good run Mike, but I think you're done.

Orakpo was invisible yet again. I mean... ??? What's going on? No pressure. Not being in on any tackles? Is he really as good as we think he is or is he just going to be a flash in the pan? 1 break out season and then falls into obscurity? I'm really hoping its the former and not the latter.
I've been saying all season Rak is a little overrated. Is he thinking about Geico too much? I dunno, I wouldn't trade him or anything but something's going on with him. I wonder if he's been 100% this year. A few games he would pull himself out, get stretched on the sidelines and come back in a few plays later. Just saying.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #79
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
As Ruh said, I'm not really going to hate on Hall for that Gronk run. I mean it looked like the play was dead. Even Wes Welker, who never ever accuses of being lazy, was basically loafing and not trying to block Hall out of the way until everyone realized Gronk was still in bounds.
Like they teach you in Pee Wee football, play until you hear the whistle. No matter how dead the play looked there was no whistle and no reason for Hall to let up. Welker didnt try to block Hall because he could tell Hall had already quit on the play and therefore didnt need to "waste" time blocking Hall.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #80
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think NE is in the running for worst safety play in the entire league as well. That said ours are no better. Safety was supposed to be a strength, and instead both of them are invisible.

With that said, I don't feel the need to smack down anybody here. I know we have plenty of guys that will take care of that, but I'm just glad I got to see a close competitive game from the Redskins today. And I'm not mad we lost because it's the Pats. We play them once every 4 years, and it's funny because the team we had today is probably 10 times worse than the team we had 4 years ago, but today we played them a hell of a lot closer than we did last time.
Landry and Atogwe were invisible yesterday because they were hurt and didn't play much.

I can agree that neither of them has lived up to their billing this season, but their "invisibility" yesterday is excusable.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #81
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What exactly should he do?
Buy up all tickets from holders who sell them to visiting team supporters at double the price and sell them at a lower price to devout skins fans, then write it off as investment taxes, and invest the negative return money then show a loss to save money on your overall taxes.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #82
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Yeah its terrible, and i dont understand it. I do know that Pats, Phili, Giants Ravens, have had much more success in the area but like when Dallas is in town it wtf? Why why, id give my tickets away befor i sold them to opposing supporters. Snyder should do something about that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Granted Washington is a very transient city with a lot of people from all over but the bottom line is, you change it by winning plain and simple. When a team is successful their fans show up, when they don't why will some of them bother with it?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #83
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Like they teach you in Pee Wee football, play until you hear the whistle. No matter how dead the play looked there was no whistle and no reason for Hall to let up. Welker didnt try to block Hall because he could tell Hall had already quit on the play and therefore didnt need to "waste" time blocking Hall.
Yeah I don't think that's why Welker quit on the play himself. But to each their own
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #84
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmurfs22 View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Granted Washington is a very transient city with a lot of people from all over but the bottom line is, you change it by winning plain and simple. When a team is successful their fans show up, when they don't why will some of them bother with it?
If the Redskins would stop sucking year after year, it would not be a problem.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #85
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Buy up all tickets from holders who sell them to visiting team supporters at double the price and sell them at a lower price to devout skins fans, then write it off as investment taxes, and invest the negative return money then show a loss to save money on your overall taxes.

That will happen about two weeks after your Fairy Godmother shows up and grants you three wishes...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #86
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmurfs22 View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your right on with that, winning would solve some problems around here.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #87
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
That will happen about two weeks after your Fairy Godmother shows up and grants you three wishes...
If she'd just wake me from this 20year nightmare of losing, without the 3 wishes id be fine with that.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #88
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Hall is a bum. Hopefully he only has 3 more games in a Redskins uniform.
Seriously. I think cutting him today would be justifiable. He's terrible. He simply cannot cover. But he's a playmaker, right? Nope, not seeing that this year either. For him to pick up that flag and throw it, drawing another 15 yard penalty?? Total mental meltdown.

I'm not sure if it's players or coaches who appoint the team captains, but it's a total embarrassment that Trent Williams and D-Hall both have the "C" patch on the front of their jerseys.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #89
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Seriously. I think cutting him today would be justifiable. He's terrible. He simply cannot cover. But he's a playmaker, right? Nope, not seeing that this year either. For him to pick up that flag and throw it, drawing another 15 yard penalty?? Total mental meltdown.

I'm not sure if it's players or coaches who appoint the team captains, but it's a total embarrassment that Trent Williams and D-Hall both have the "C" patch on the front of their jerseys.
Word...
Old 12-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #90
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
See I am not a Hall apologist, but I am just amazed at how much people hate on him for stupid things. If you look at that play from Hall's perspective, it looked like Gomes and Doughty were going to push Gronkowski out of bounds. At full speed, it looked like Gronkowski was going out of bounds, if Halls leap towards him and Gronkowski is out of bounds, that's a 15-yard PF. BTW, it was Hall that eventually ran down Gronkowski during that play.

The flag thing was a stupid mistake and he deserves all the heat for it. But where is the Haynesworth/McNabb treatment for Hall from Shanahan, if he's such a team cancer? Shouldn't Shanahan have benched Hall the same way he benched Williams for that stupid PF during the Eagles game? Once again, I am not apologizing for the guy, but I feel that some people blow his situation out of proportion.

Hall is what he is and it sucks. As a player he is very frustrating b/c he can go from making a good play on moment and making a terrible player the next. One thing is criticizing the guy for this, another is to this childish/girlish/pouty hate for the guy and b*tch at every single thing he does. Take that mindless sh*t elsewhere.
When his positive plays stick out, they stick out, but honestly when was his last game he was great? Probably his 4 pick game against the bears. He hasn't done much since.

You bring up a good point about shanahan not benching him. I agree. Why didn't he. My thinking was that Shanahan wanted his most experienced corners out there, because he doesn't want Brandyn Thompson covering Welker or someone like that. Shanahan really wanted to win that game more than any yesterday. I say if hall did that against, Carolina, or New York, he's benched.
NFL Videos: Gronkowski refuses to go down

See for yourselves what hall was doing on the play. He just stands there. I mean he doesn't even like stand there agressivly like he wants to even lunge or push him, he just stands there. I also want to smackdown Reed Doughty on that play, for poor tackling. He needs to go as well, not just for this play but for his abuse he gets from opposing teams targeting him all day.