Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: 'Occupy' types

Old 10-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Why am I not surprised....did anyone think our friends at ACORN would quietly disappear into the night:

EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role In 'Occupy' Movement | Fox News

and looks like Oakland and Atlanta have had enough of this psuedo-hippie nonsense:

Police, protesters clash in Atlanta, Oakland – USATODAY.com

BTW, very funny post mlmp
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
dmek25
MVP

yeah, lets arrest the people we dont agree with....wow. maybe now is the time
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
yeah, lets arrest the people we dont agree with....wow. maybe now is the time
You arrest people for violating laws, such as no squatting on public property. The Mayor of Atlanta supported these numbskulls, but when they decided to have an unsanctioned concert, put wire hangers into lightsockets, and walk around with AK-47s, it's time to shut it down.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
You arrest people for violating laws, such as no squatting on public property. The Mayor of Atlanta supported these numbskulls, but when they decided to have an unsanctioned concert, put wire hangers into lightsockets, and walk around with AK-47s, it's time to shut it down.
I love how we put limits on protesting.

Yeah guys, you have the freedom of speech, just keep it in the hours of 8am - 11pm M-F. Thanks in advance.

**** that. That's the problem with the laws and our country. They've stripped our rights slowly as the years have gone by. I hope they break out the cocktail bombs and burn their shit down. I'll leave you with this.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -- John F. Kennedy

The more you try to suppress the people, the more angry and violent they will become.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
mlmpetert
Playmaker

It looks like a couple more rapes may have happened. A rape may have been the reason the riot in Oakland started last night. Another rape was reported in Occupy Glasgow in the UK (not sure if oversea rapes count).

So far we have reported rapes in:
Occupy Cleveland
Occupy Dallas (statutory, 14 year old)
Occupy Oakland
Occupy Glasgow
and a serial flasher at Occupy Seattle

And probably most disturbing of all the Occupy Baltimore leaders (watch out OTM!) are handing out pamphlets that discourage rape victims from reporting rapes to the police .... wow.

Occupy Baltimore group discourages reporting rape, health advocates say - Baltimore Sun

If you search rape and Occupy Wall Street you get a lot of stuff, partly because the occupiers use the terms "rape" and "pillage" to describe Wall Street's actions. In Occupy Cincinnati they staged a corporate rape the other day:

11 Occupy Cincinnati protesters arrested on Fountain Square | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Of course everyone knows that in Ray Lewis type fashion Vice President Biden recently said that if Obama's job's bill is not passed murders and rapes will increase. I guess most people living at OWS sites dont have jobs so perhaps Biden is right in his line of thinking?

Ray Lewis: Crime rate will rise if lockout lingers | ProFootballTalk

White House backs Biden's rape, murder remarks - Washington Times

Last edited by mlmpetert; 10-26-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
And probably most disturbing of all the Occupy Baltimore leaders (watch out OTM!) are handing out pamphlets that discourage rape victims from reporting rapes to the police .... wow.

Occupy Baltimore group discourages reporting rape, health advocates say - Baltimore Sun
from my experiences of driving by they are a real mild group just holding up a few signs, not blocking traffic, i havent heard an insesant drums but i only drive by there a few times a week. pretty much non-existent on weekdays. the time we heard this rap guy blarring his sentiments on racism and dropping the N word was the only thing that has rubbed me the wrong way, just not necessary for a family area of the city. i mean it was blarring, words were very clear. your not in some private venue bar or club where people knowingly go to hear that nonsense.

otherwise, i dont think anyone is really noticing or caring in the city.

edit - what i meant to say is, the area they have is so small and right in a high traffic area for cars, peds and cops that there is lil to no chance on hell of a rape happening. that memo was just stupid and pointless

Last edited by over the mountain; 10-27-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
It looks like a couple more rapes may have happened. A rape may have been the reason the riot in Oakland started last night. Another rape was reported in Occupy Glasgow in the UK (not sure if oversea rapes count).

So far we have reported rapes in:
Occupy Cleveland
Occupy Dallas (statutory, 14 year old)
Occupy Oakland
Occupy Glasgow
and a serial flasher at Occupy Seattle

If you search rape and Occupy Wall Street you get a lot of stuff, partly because the occupiers use the terms "rape" and "pillage" to describe Wall Street's actions. In Occupy Cincinnati they staged a corporate rape the other day:

11 Occupy Cincinnati protesters arrested on Fountain Square | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Of course everyone knows that in Ray Lewis type fashion Vice President Biden recently said that if Obama's job's bill is not passed murders and rapes will increase. I guess most people living at OWS sites dont have jobs so perhaps Biden is right in his line of thinking?

Ray Lewis: Crime rate will rise if lockout lingers | ProFootballTalk

White House backs Biden's rape, murder remarks - Washington Times
Another possible rape:

A sex fiend barged into a woman’s tent and sexually assaulted her at around 6 a.m., said protesters, who chased him from the park.

“Pervert! Pervert! Get the f--k out!” said vigilante Occupiers, who never bothered to call the cops.

“They were shining flashlights in his face and yelling at him to leave,” said a woman who called herself Leslie, but refused to give her real name.

She said that weeks earlier another woman was raped.
“We don’t tell anyone,” she said. “We handle it internally. I said too much already.”

Read more: Snow, “sexual assaults’’ won’t deter Wall Street haters; protest ends when “sun dies’’ - NYPOST.com
Old 10-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I love how we put limits on protesting.

Yeah guys, you have the freedom of speech, just keep it in the hours of 8am - 11pm M-F. Thanks in advance.

**** that. That's the problem with the laws and our country. They've stripped our rights slowly as the years have gone by. I hope they break out the cocktail bombs and burn their shit down. I'll leave you with this.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" -- John F. Kennedy

The more you try to suppress the people, the more angry and violent they will become.
So b/c a bunch of jobless a** holes are angry, we should let them become squatters on public property and disrupt everyone's lives? F' that. They want violence? Bring it on. They break out the Molotov's, - bring out the riot gear and lay a solid beat down on the blatant lawbreakers.

You are free to protest any time and any where. Of course, there may be consequences for your actions.

Those not protesting have rights and privileges too including the quiet enjoyment of their private real property (both residential and commercial) and the use of public property.

It seems to me, the Occupiers have been given incredible leeway in their use of public property, their right to protest and their right to exercise free speech.

Freedom of speech has never meant an unfettered right to say what you want whenever and where ever you want.

You are one angry dude.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

That's the problem. American's have sit back and let their country be taken right from them without a single care. You should be angry too. You should be sick and tired of the bullshit your government is giving you. Then again, maybe you are benefiting from them and don't give a shit because it hasn't affected you yet. Yet being key word. America's biggest downfall has been and will continue to be apathy.

**** those jobless bums!!

Oakland Police Critically Injure Iraq War Vet During Occupy March

**** this war veteran! ****ing piece of shit bum exercising his right to free speech!! GET A JOB YOU HIPPIE!!

The fact that many of you sit up here and just stereotype these people and act like you know why they are there is beyond me. It's sad most of you sit back and listen to the bullshit the media pumps and believe it. Just look at FOX to get a good view on how very much they've slanted this "occupy" movement. It's amazing thing to watch. Turning Americans against their own kind all the while they sit back and laugh because you are again blinded by the crooks in Washington.

I'd like to see a police force try to take on thousand and thousands of people.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
over the mountain
Playmaker

drove by occupy balitmore around 9:15 this morning . .ghost camp. just a bunch of zipped up tents. i honestly think there are about 3 people left actually doing the occupy thing in blatimore. the rest just show up on the weekends.

on a side note, had a job interview today. the guy let me know it would require a 60 hour work week. in my head i was thinking of the early scenes in dumber and dumber where they come home from looking for jobs and they say there are no jobs ... unless you want to work 40 hours a week.

would you all work 60 hours a week for over 100k a year? i aint worth it to me. i could make 60-70k working 40 hours a week with the occassional 50-60 hour week sprinkled in there.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
would you all work 60 hours a week for over 100k a year? i aint worth it to me. i could make 60-70k working 40 hours a week with the occassional 50-60 hour week sprinkled in there.
May be worth it to tough it out for a while, pad the resume, and then find a job with the 100K pay and less hours. You have to make the call though.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
May be worth it to tough it out for a while, pad the resume, and then find a job with the 100K pay and less hours. You have to make the call though.
thats kinda what i was thinking, but i got the feeling i was being offered one of those "burn and turn" jobs where they ride you hard for a couple years then let you go before you start commanding too high a salary. then they turn to another 3 years younger you . .rinse, wash, repeat.

much like a runningback in the nfl.

at 33 i want to stay away from the long hour, good pay job. besides, i wouldnt be able to get hammer time on sundays. sundays is the only day i enjoy nowadays. i used to be a free spirited rebel of sorts. now im a beaten down guy who sits on the highway going to his deadend hate it job only to come home and have the wifey complaing about dog hair or not getting the recycling out . .

im probably just flattering myself they even wanted to hire me.

oh well the search continues. had a very intense pissing match with the boss yesterday. he basically said i was fired but in one of those heated moment type ways where everyone knows as long as it doesnt really get out of control ill be back tomorrow. i know better, should have just let the old mans dementia induced "notion" slide. his notion was that he heard somewhere a client didnt feel comfortable with me handling the case. really pissed me off b/c i have this case wrapped up in a nice lil bow and the person he thought might have told him the client said something was called in and he said he had no clue what the demented old man was talking about and the client never said anythign like that, in fact the client asks for me specifically every time he calls. thats what really pissed me off. he had no clue where he got this "notion" from but nevertheless wanted to take over the case. and insisted i was being too sensitive. the ****er, im being sensitive?

today he came in to "try and apologize" which really means he was just repeating his balony in a calm manner and not yelling with saliva building up in the corners of his mouth so when he was yelling it looked like neo in the matrix when he asks for his phone call. i didnt let him off the hook. again, i should have. didnt get to work until 12 today with no given reason.

he then slammed a case folder on my desk, i said why did you do that, he said "to make an impression", i said "well youve been making a bad impression on me lately". he then "promised" me more work. i then talked about the crap pay i get comparatively with the preface that weve talked about this a zillion times before and i know nothing is going to change. that predictably turned into a "your not in the office as much as other people" conversation. i predictably begged to differ.

long story short, OTM is staying late b/c he decided to go all "occupy" eff authority at work and now every time i went to the printer or copier i had a new file with notes on my desk.

if i still smoked cigarettes im betting i would have just let his shit slide and go for a cig break. then right now, i would already be home sitting miserably on my couch watching some crap baby show or ancient aliens my lady has dvr'd.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #14
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
at 33 i want to stay away from the long hour, good pay job. besides, i wouldnt be able to get hammer time on sundays. sundays is the only day i enjoy nowadays. i used to be a free spirited rebel of sorts. now im a beaten down guy who sits on the highway going to his deadend hate it job only to come home and have the wifey complaing about dog hair or not getting the recycling out . .
I've had those types of days, try to take a couple days off and recharge. The contacts you may make with the churn/burn job could lead you to your own thing eventually or something else positive. Hang in there, when you find the right thing, you'll know.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 10-26-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #15
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
drove by occupy balitmore around 9:15 this morning . .ghost camp. just a bunch of zipped up tents. i honestly think there are about 3 people left actually doing the occupy thing in blatimore. the rest just show up on the weekends.

on a side note, had a job interview today. the guy let me know it would require a 60 hour work week. in my head i was thinking of the early scenes in dumber and dumber where they come home from looking for jobs and they say there are no jobs ... unless you want to work 40 hours a week.

I've worked 60 hour weeks for much less than 100k. But I'm working my dream job in terms of the work so it's ok. I'd have to change careers to make more.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Closed Thread