Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread: Rounds 4-7

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread: Rounds 4-7

so. Jaguars got morrison and oaklands 5th round pick for their 4th rounder.

Ok, i wouldn't have minded us making that deal...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #77
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
The difference is that Campbell has first round speed/agility/athletic ability. You can't coach that, you're born with it. Speaking of project O-linemen, one with adequate size and off the charts athletic ability (Campbell) has a far greater chance to be an impact player than a guy with just size and average athletic ability (Heyer).

Perry Riley will probably be HB Blades - decent backup but lacking as a starter. We had a chance to nail bookend OTs for the next 5+ years ... We blew this one.
I don't think we blew this. There's a reason Campbell dropped so far. Workout warrior, slighty above average college tackle. Kiper said it will probably be a few years before he has any kind of impact for the Raiders. I'm not saying he won't be a decent player, but to say he would have stepped in right away to give us that "book end" is a stetch IMO.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #78
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
The difference is that Campbell has first round speed/agility/athletic ability. You can't coach that, you're born with it. Speaking of project O-linemen, one with adequate size and off the charts athletic ability (Campbell) has a far greater chance to be an impact player than a guy with just size and average athletic ability (Heyer).

Perry Riley will probably be HB Blades - decent backup but lacking as a starter. We had a chance to nail bookend OTs for the next 5+ years ... We blew this one.
I struggle with love for a pick that was passed over several times, projected as a 4th/5th rounder before the combine, and then selected in the 4th round as originally projected. Maybe it will pan out, but just having the ability doesn't make someone a first rounder, in fact I would think just the opposite, if he has all the ability in the world, and can't get it right in college, the chance of "getting it right" in the NFL is less likely.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #79
RMSkins
The Starter

I'm not a huge fan of the Perry Riley pick. We needed an ILB, but I think Riley was a big reach and he probably would've still been available at 163. I think there was too much quality still left on the board for us to reach with Riley.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #80
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I don't think we blew this. There's a reason Campbell dropped so far. Workout warrior, slighty above average college tackle. Kiper said it will probably be a few years before he has any kind of impact for the Raiders. I'm not saying he won't be a decent player, but to say he would have stepped in right away to give us that "book end" is a stetch IMO.
I agree that Campbell would have been a project, but a very athletic one at that. My choice of words was poor, saying he could have given us bookend OT's for the NEXT 5+ years. I should have said 5+ years once he established himself. Perhaps the Riley pick is intended to light a fire under Rocky. Competition is always a good thing.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #81
diehard
The Starter

Is 4th rounder Perry Riley better than McIntosh?

One more consideration. You can imagine a lot of URFA OL in camp because it's known that we have a couple of spots up for grabs.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #82
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post

One more consideration. You can imagine a lot of URFA OL in camp because it's known that we have a couple of spots up for grabs.
Probably not, but if Riley competes hard and pushes McIntosh to a higher level, that's great for the overall D.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #83
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Knucklehead athletes with ZOMGWTF atheleticism fail in this league. Bruce Campbell sounds like even more of a football knucklehead than Trent Williams.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #84
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post

I think that has to be their expectation. This was a pick of major need, as opposed to a Vinny mid-round special teams special.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #85
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

The Eagles got Kafka.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #86
vallin21
The Starter

I thought Campbell had a chance w/ us and IMO he should've been the pick, but I trust MS enough to let him take a chance on Riley, even though we probably could've gotten him in the 5th. At 163, I wouldn't mind us getting OT Tony Washington who would've been drafted if not for his legal problem or FS Robert Johnson from Utah would be a good fit.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #87
PHazard
Special Teams

ALL I WANT IS CAM THOMAS!!!!!!!!! Kemo isnt completely healthy yet and he needs to be in a rotation anyway. All the other fat bodies we've added this offseason is just that, no1 who can be a solid starter/player. pickin up Thomas will have him in a rotation with Kemo at NT, keeps Haynesworth outside as much as possible to keep him happy in a rotation with Carriker!!! This is all i want for Christmas!
If "The Future is Now" why would we use our #4 Pick on a QB who will spend the 1st year on the bench?
PHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #88
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Knucklehead athletes with ZOMGWTF atheleticism fail in this league. Bruce Campbell sounds like even more of a football knucklehead than Trent Williams.
Are you implying that Williams might be a knucklehead?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #89
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I want to pull my best Smootsmack impression and say I told you so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Look out for Myron Rolle. Redskins are looking for another Center Fielder. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on a tackle and drafted either a LB, RB, or FS. I mean I know Vinny isn't here any more but I don't think they feel the solution is to simply draft a bunch of lineman.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #90
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Are you implying that Williams might be a knucklehead?
When it comes to football, yes, he SOUNDS like it. I limit the scope of the label. He could be smart at other subjects, hence I don't overgeneralize.

If someone displays tremendous atheleticism but his play is inconsistent at best and most certainly not dominant, then you're dealing with someone who is lacking in football instincts or is ill-equipped mentally to handle the game.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote